FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time to move on
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Ville need's to host new games
Yes it does.. TFC is dead.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
No way, the TFC servers just need new maps
77%
 77%  [ 27 ]
DoD and NS Rock.. We need something new
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Time to move on Reply with quote

Hi, in response to your post "Stuff" Robert concerning the amount of players playing DOD spanking the amount who play TFC maybe it is time to host other mods. My personal opinion is, TFC is dead and it's time to move on. Have you thought about other games like, Medal of Honor or Wolfenstein ? Come on it's not as if TF 2 will ever happen! Face it, it's time to move on and make room for the future.. TFC brother is dead!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people play on TV1 everday I'd be quite upset without it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried Battlefield 1942 and it flopped. It's one of the most popular games out there right now too. I'm sure other games would have the same results as well.

TFC may be loosing it's audience somewhat, but this is a Half-Life based community. We thrive off of HL mods.. why? Because when a new mod comes out, it's just a simple download and you have a new game. I'm personally looking forward to Half-Life Rally coming out sometime this summer. I believe that'll be a popular & fun mod.

We do however have Half-Life2 coming out soon too, and then we'll start start the mod process all over again..

To infinity and beyond!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, with half-life rally can we customize the look of our cars?

I was looking at some other rally game where you could basically choose what paintjob and logos and such you wanted on your car, so everyone had their own personalized car.

This guy showed off his really cool Matrix themed paintjob he had made with that green text running all down the side and stuff.

Also Will the track editor be easier to use than the regular half-life and NS map making tools? That being said can you make tracks that have loops, jumps, and other cool things like that? what about putting tracks ontop of eachother and crosscross all over?
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
Quote:
To infinity and beyond!!
#Rofl Great movie.

I started my on-line gaming with TFC and thats how I found the Ville . I'll play other mods just to see what there about, but as long as TFC is around I'll play. There is nothing like it, rocket, nad and conc jumping . I may not play as often as of late but TFC is still my favorite mod with DoD being a close 2nd.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keep 1 TFC server going at least...if it wasnt for ville3 server.. i would have never had joined this place and played tfc...just keep one for old times sake?

aa, oshiete sensei-san
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be disappointed with no tfc.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half Life 2 will pwn Sierra will put out the code for everyone again and we will have cheaters galore woohoo Cheap assholes should make thier own mods and keep the code to themselves but hey that won't happen so hopefully if TFC2 ever happens it won't be a realism mod like DOD,CS,and pretty much every HL mod.That way like TFC is now even against cheaters you still have a chance unlike DOD,CS,etc. where the cheaters completely ruin the game #Fist

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are ya'll insane. TFC is what made this community, not DoD or NS or Battlefield 1942. I'm not trying to dictate here, but come on now we still have kids who like to play TFC. People came to theville because of TFC. I'm pretty sure that the other mods are fun, but at least give us TFCer's at non lagtastic server.

TV1 was the most popular TFC server we've got, and now its changed to DoD come on. I'm not mad, but just concerned about the TFC community at theville. No regular or new comer wants to play on a laggy server, but TV1 was one of the best TFC server's we had and now it is gone and changed to DoD? If we only have one TFC server left that is real laggy, it will be detrimental to the TFC community as a whole.

You're right B, maybe TFC2 will save us

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Usually Dead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Time to move on Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
Hi, in response to your post "Stuff" Robert concerning the amount of players playing DOD spanking the amount who play TFC maybe it is time to host other mods. My personal opinion is, TFC is dead and it's time to move on. Have you thought about other games like, Medal of Honor or Wolfenstein ? Come on it's not as if TF 2 will ever happen! Face it, it's time to move on and make room for the future.. TFC brother is dead!

It seems to me that when NS and DoD got popular, a lot of the Ville regs who spent so much time at TFC split down the middle and deticated to other the other two mods. Myself and Gala for instance, play Natural Selection alot but not TFC or Dod (Isn't that right, Horses?). Bright Red Nipples was as much a TFC hoor as any of us, but DoD has been his playground for the last while. And then there are players like MPI who play BOTH NS and DoD obsesivley.

This doesn't mean no one plays TFC anymore. I've seen GellyRoll still plays there, as does Sharkbyte if I'm not mistaken. So my point is... sure, NS and DoD took a lot of buisness from TFC, but not all of it. TFC is still at least as popular as the other two mods. There's no reason at all to remove TFC from the Ville's list of mods. Things are fine as is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAHATT? omg TFC is still the best! tfc can never die!! neever!!

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScm007 wrote:

NEVER!!!!! TFC RULES AND ALWAYS WILL!!!!!

Looks like no is winning 8 to 0!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfc is the best it can never leave
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
PondScm007 wrote:

NEVER!!!!! TFC RULES AND ALWAYS WILL!!!!!

Looks like no is winning 8 to 0!

i second that
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFC still has the same amount of servers as DoD, and if their is no TFC, you will lose incredible amounts of people.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: