FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i messed up somwhere, because now, after i bind the stuff, it al lworks fine, but whne i leave the server, or quit the game, it doesnt save em, it should, not even the commands, like buildspecial, i have to rebind everything, it sucks

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
F^B^I

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that gds i like it

Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try editing your autoexec.cfg file which is in your Half-Lifetfc folder, you can put all the bind commands in there that you type in the game and they will stick. The autoexec.cfg is loaded every time you start the game.

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest it be done in the config.cfg file since that is where the binds are or better yet in a NEW file called something like common.cfg which you then edit your config.cfg to exec it or better still add things into the class specifc files and in there exec the common.cfg file and bind the class specific keys there. If you do that be sure to add the line:

setinfo "ec" "1"

to the end of your config.cfg file to enable the execution of the class specific files. I wouldn't do them in the autoexec since the config.cfg gets run after autoexec.cfg and might still override the key bindings.

It sounds to me that you have some cfg files set to read only and that may be why it doesn't update when you exit. There is a real good explanation about cfg files out somewhere on the planethalflife website. Sorry but I don't have the link anymore.
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracias
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah....do wat they said....

-Omega SiN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: