FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Camping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Camping Reply with quote

DoD, unlike some HL mods, you have to camp to hold certain points and to win in general. Everytime I log in someone whines about ppl camping and what losers they are. The Sniper and the MG are made for domintating areas by camping. unless you totally overwhelm a team all the cap points jump from side to side. Respawn camping is a diff issue. It should not be allowed, and is not, in game. Most ppl realized this only a few tend not to understand. This is not Deathmatch and ppl camping are doing a good job at holding you back. I am just posting this to blow off steam about ppl in-game.

Cya
Dread
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you're gonna play DoD, don't complain about people camping. What would DoD be without camping? If you don't like it, go somewhere who doesn't allow it! People in wars don't run around like idiots and get killed, they camp in places where they don't get shot too much. A good offensive player can eisily take out sniper camping. They can't see everywhere. And one disadvantage in camping is people find out where you are and kill you, which is what you should be doing, not whining! Play another game if you don't like camping.

Now I'm not saying that respawn camping is okay. It definitely IS NOT. Respawn camping is pointless, other camping is very useful.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Camping Reply with quote

DreadVile wrote:
The Sniper and the MG are made for domintating areas by camping.

Cya
Dread

I agree with what your saying, especially this part. Camping is a big part of the game to an extent. When your whole team camps your team will lose. A team has to have forward movers. The only time I ever speak up in game is when everyone is camping. You will continue to lose that way. All it takes is a couple peeps to move forward and it will change the tide of the game.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, camping is a big part of the game, but not the only part. Like any game, it takes Offense and Defense to beat the other team. Camping is the Defense part, capping is the Offense part. You can't win the game when your whole team is camping, there has to be Offense, too. In order for a good game to take place, about half of each team should be camping on Defense, and the remaining half should be capping points. Defense should also move up camp and guard point to allow Offense to cap the next point. When a good team does it this way, they will have a good chance of winning. So, if there is a good offense on your team, you can push the enemy's defense back and cap.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys, but what pisses me off is when someone camps by a flag and doesnt cap it. Unless you need 2 ppl to cap and your waiting for backup, this isnt really helping your team.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffff, what's wrong with you people? The whole point of DoD is to run around like little girls, screaming like bloodthirsty indians, waving your shovels and knives, and slaughtering all opposition. Camping is for the weak!!

On a more serious note....camping is indeed a big part of dod. It's impossible to defend a point if you don't camp. Offense is also a big part of the game. It's impossible to win (unless you're on a map where all you have to do is keep the allied dogs from capping points or something) without offense. I prefer to play a mobile defense, though. Move up almost whenever you can, camp or defend if you get the opportunity, cap flags whenever possible. Basically I just run around shooting people, reinforcing the D or the O. Whichever needs it more.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to camp. I usually go to a state park and camp.

Wrong kind of camping I take it?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
I prefer to play a mobile defense, though. Move up almost whenever you can, camp or defend if you get the opportunity, cap flags whenever possible. Basically I just run around shooting people, reinforcing the D or the O. Whichever needs it more.

Playing like this will win many games!!

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: