FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
News of the Weired by State

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: News of the Weired by State Reply with quote

Checkout your state

Post Yours

1996 -- In December, a North Carolina appeals court turned down inmate Mark McCrimmon's petition for money from the state's fund to compensate victims of violent crimes. A lower court had ruled him eligible, despite the fact that his injury occurred when he tried to steal a $20 bill from a man in a store and was in turn shot by the store owner, paralyzing McCrimmon from the waist down. (The lower court had ruled that since the shooting of McCrimmon for taking $20 was excessive, the shooting itself was a crime of which McCrimmon was a "victim.")

1995 -- In January, anesthesiologist Channagirie Manjanatha pleaded guilty to criminal negligence in Regina, Saskatchewan, for leaving the room for 15 minutes during surgery to make a phone call, thus leaving an oxygen machine unmonitored, which resulted in brain damage to the patient. And in November, the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners suspended neurosurgeon Raymond Sattler for nine incidents including one in which he took a lunch break in the middle of aneurysm surgery, leaving the patient's brain exposed with no other physician in the room.

Last edited by SpeCies on Sun May 11, 2003 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to double post this? You got 2 threads going.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1994 -- In February, the Austin American-Statesman profiled John Stapp, a troubleshooter for the Travis County, Texas, sewage treatment plant, who might be the nation's only professional sewage diver. Stapp dons a diving suit, mask, breathing tube, and air-powered tools to perform repairs on the 60,000-gallon, 16-by-40-foot containment vat. Said Stapp, "It's just a job to me that requires a lot of skill that not everybody has." A typical repair job requires Stapp to be submerged for four hours or more, in zero visibility. Stapp describes the job as "very quiet and peaceful" and says that, at the end of a shift, the thing usually on his mind is food: "I'm usually starved when I get through."
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Cough> Excuse me sir, But it look's to me like I posted two different events in my states stature from one artical... #Newbie

Post yours #Bluegrab #Rofl j/k

Shockwave wrote:
Did you have to double post this? You got 2 threads going.

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one kinda fits me seeing as how I am an electrician

1996 -- Mike Marcum, the Missouri guy who made News of the Weird in 1995 after he stole six power company transformers he said were necessary to make his time machine (so he could find out the winning lottery number and come back and buy a ticket), called a radio show from Nevada in October 1996 and said he was only 30 days away from finishing his invention. His Missouri landlord had evicted him for various electrical misadventures in his apartment.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1992 -- Davenport, Iowa, police officer Wayne Dawson filed a lawsuit recently against the Donut Time shop over a January 1991 incident in which he slipped on ice on the shop's walkway. He had been taking a break in the shop and was about to go back on duty.

1995 -- In October, William Soule, 71, on probation on DUI charges in Dubuque, Iowa, turned himself in and said he'd rather go to jail. Said Soule, "I can't take another year of probation." And in September, Kansas prisoner Joe Carr, 77, convicted of murder in 1941, passed up his parole-board hearing for the 15th consecutive time. But another Kansas inmate, murderer Marvin D. Brockett, 64, is vying for parole. Since age 7, Brockett has been free of correctional facilities for a total of only three years. (It would figure it's about drinking. )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1995 -- In May, 3,300 couples were married in a mass ceremony in Tehran designed to discourage bachelorhood and its attendant masturbation. Said Ayatollah Mohammed Yazdi, "[The masturbator's] eyes, his nerves, many of his body organs will be so affected that medical science cannot cure him."

See what can happen...
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1992 -- Recent Sports Names: Baylor University football player Hunter H. Hunter. (The "H" stands for Hunter.) Member of a medal-winning U.S. Olympic rowing team: Anna Banana Seaton of Watertown, Mass.

Parents can be so mean...
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1992 -- In June, the student-written newspaper at the Parker elementary school in Billerica, Mass., published an article, "15 Ways to Kill Your Sister" (e.g., "Drop her off the top of a building"). The paper is supervised by a female teacher with 20 years' experience, who reportedly thought the story was very creative.

I would keep an eye on MPI, Gelly...

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1992 -- The New Haven (Conn.) Register reported in February that a thief made off with 32 boxes of Monistat-7 suppositories from the Old Saybrook, Conn., Stop & Shop after telling a security guard that he was infected with the HIV virus and threatening to bite the guard.

1993 -- Upset with the recent proposal of Connecticut Gov. Lowell Weicker to reduce state assistance to parochial schools, the principal of one of them, in Derby, Conn., Sister Linda Joseph, said in February, "I would pray that he burns forever in the fires of hell."

1996 -- School bus driver Kerri Lynn Patavino, 28, was convicted of statutory rape in Bridgeport, Conn., in August for having sex with a 14-year-old passenger, who said she put a spell on him and made him lick her blood. According to the boy, the two had sex more than a dozen times, and she sent him love letters signed in blood. Patavino admitted that she is a follower of Wicca, an ancient, witchcraft-practicing religion.
PondScm007

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ has enough wierd stuff it has a magazine about it... not like stupid criminals though, but im sure thers tones of those

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My state doesnt have any weird news

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo! wrote:
My state doesnt have any weird news

This is kinda weird:

What the heck is a Skagit (I think i've been with a few )
Fiddle Competition (Fiddle what )

July 12-13, Mount Vernon, WA -
Skagit Valley Highland Games & Scottish Faire, Regional and National Fiddle Competitions The regional fiddle competition will be held Friday July 12th at 1:00PM at the Lincoln Theatre, Downtown Mount Vernon. The National competition will be held Saturday July 13th at 10:00AM at the Lincoln Theatre, Downtown Mount Vernon Edgewater Park, Mount Vernon, WA. Information: Celtic Arts Foundation, Skye K. Richendrfer, Pres., P.O. Box 1432, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
Phone for Fiddle Competition: (360) 336-1010 x1807
Phone for General Information: (360) 416-4934

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: