FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Team Stacking
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Team Stacking Reply with quote

Very simply put. Team stacking is gonna result in kicks and early termination of maps if the same people are shown to stack. I'm confident the other admins will enforce this on all mods.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Stacking Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I'm confident the other admins will enforce this on all mods.

Thanks

This action is already in motion on DOD. Fortunately it's not as big a problem there as it is in TFC.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I team stack.

edit: THIS IS A JOKE IF YOU DONT KNOW TY

Last edited by MuLiShA on Wed May 07, 2003 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in refernce to skill stacking not numbers.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already been dealing with it in Natural Selection for a while, its coming along nicely.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo all of the above and to be blunt it pisses me right off

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Stacking Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
FragFailure wrote:
I'm confident the other admins will enforce this on all mods.

Thanks

This action is already in motion on DOD. Fortunately it's not as big a problem there as it is in TFC.

I say kick BRN anyway even if he's not team stacking

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i just dont see it er maybe i just dont care but personly i have no problems with how the game has been as of late
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this derived from a game earlier today on warpath since some people stomped out. It serves as the perfect example of team- stacking-that-never-was.

OK:

I log on sometime around the beginning of warpath and get auto-teamed to red since they were short of players. There was a fellow clanmate on, some other league player, and several players I didn't recognize. We definitely had the potential to do good, but since we had like 4 scouts and a soldier we were getting beat. They capped a few on us in a short amount of time, enough for team-stacking hunters to cry foul. No biggie though. We weren't complaining. I was having a good time.

Then some players dropped on both teams which was followed by some short confusion. A good player on our team switched, and a good player on their team switched. The teams got finalized at 7v6 (in favor of them).

However, I guess we got tired of sucking and got organized. My fellow clan member went spy, I remained scout, our newly gained player went medic, and the rest played a good follow up D. Just a simple switcharound and we started capping like every 2 minutes.

Now we would be called the teamstackers. The other team remained a player ahead, no one could switch. I was auto-teamed, and my clan member joined without previous knowledge of my incoming. What's the foul? What's to be done? End the map early because we got organized. I'm sorry, I think that's retarded. Of course, the circumstances are never taken into consideration. BURN TEAMSTACKERS AT THE STAKE, THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE.

Let's keep in mind though that the other team decided to use no HW's, no spy's, and maybe a single scout/med. The rest were soldier and engi. It's not a phenomena (sp?) that they didn't cap. In addition, a single HW under the over-pass would slow us down ten-fold. It's not their fault though, it's ours.

If the other team was really, really upset, they could've mentioned something in chat instead of stomping off. For instance, "Could we get one of your players? I'll switch to your team and you can switch to mine," would accomplish more than whining in the forums. I've only encountered ONE, only ONE, person who has ever done that. I switched glady, and the game continued. I'm sorry, but I don't think it should be the 'more skilled' players concern to always make sure the game is as even as possible, especially when the teams are even. If you're upset, propose the switch. He sure isn't upset where he is; it shouldn't be his worry if it was unintentional. I don't get that upset when my team is losing. Seriously, some of you get more riled up about your team's points than I do about having to play Canalzone in TFL (and that's bad).

Sorry, this is not a flame. I simply disagree with the 'Oh the teamstacking HORROR!' trend. If the teams are seriously unbalanced when an admin is around, he could switch players. No biggie. It shouldn't authorize a kick.

The lack of TFC admins around is a whole different issue though.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is correct NS has deal with this from day one. NS is 10x more team oreiented than CS TFC or DOD.

But as lessons learned in NS....dont force a random mod (sever killer) and also understand that thoes that wait till the end to join like me try to balance a team.

Just when you join try to make sure the first teams are even in skill..if not wait let a noob join the skilled team and then join the opp team

DK
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify myself. Now I can't mention TFC or NS since I really havn't played them for a while. But DoD when I refer to team stacking is when several members of a clan comes on server and they do there best yto group up on one team. They simply slaughter the opposition and yes that really bugs me. And yes I will do whatever I can do balance out the game so it is enjoyable for most of the peeps on server at that time.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
But DoD when I refer to team stacking is when several members of a clan comes on server and they do there best yto group up on one team.

I agree. That is teamstacking. That doesn't happen here in TFC. That's why the accusations really bug me.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the litle bit of dod that i play i see that as well but not in tfc
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Warpig wrote:
in the litle bit of dod that i play i see that as well but not in tfc

it can happen in tfc, but then again all it takes is a lil mistake to break through in TFC.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i mean is that people dont seem to intentionaly stack like what happens in dod thought through people joing and leaving teams can end up stacked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: