FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Point system in DOD is the suq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicoden

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Point system in DOD is the suq Reply with quote

Ok, I don't have the best kill to death ratio but I don't have the worst either. I know how the points system works and how the more high ranked players you kill and how you kill them the more points you get. But when I play, I shoot whoever comes across my path and with whatever I have in my hand. How can I be on the 7 page for player rankings with guys that have killed 4 people and died 10 times be ahead of me. It just makes no sense, tonight on Charlie I captured 3 of the 4 command points 2 times in a row, you would think that would count for something, because on that map with a full server, its just not that easy.

I am not a stat whore but you've got to give credit where credit is due, and the point system for this mod is absolutely positively crap.

I will however continue to play and I am not changing my style, otherwise it just wouldn't be fun.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Point system in DOD is the suq Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
I shoot whoever comes across my path and with whatever I have in my hand.

You don't have to tell me that. I think most of us already know it

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually happy when I'm not on the last page of the stats . I check them when I need a good laugh.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if the point system in DoD at least recorded how many times you had capped the flag for each team.

I know the main problem with this is that someone can go onto the server when no one else is there and abuse it.

Can a minimum number of people on the server be put in place for capping to count for a stat?

Just put it out there for discussion.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave, that's exactly what happens with the TFC stats. If less than 4 people are on the server, flag caps don't count.

I'm sure the admins could find a way to implement flag caps into the DoD stats.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thewz wrote:

I thought that was already in place for DOD . I could be wrong though

God Bless You Blue Ruler
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would for sure be up for something like that Shocky. You know i don't care so much about killed but more about capping.

Powdermilkman
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
I would for sure be up for something like that Shocky. You know i don't care so much about killed but more about capping.

Powdermilkman

Actually, I thought you went out of your way to kill me.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thewz wrote:
Shockwave, that's exactly what happens with the TFC stats. If less than 4 people are on the server, flag caps don't count.

That is why after spending two hours alone on a server capping flags to look l33t I never saw any difference

As for DoD, I wonder now with the new scoring system if it would be easier to keep track of capping flags in the stats...?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
That is why after spending two hours alone on a server capping flags to look l33t I never saw any difference

sTaT h00r

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
Paddyjack wrote:

sTaT h00r

Your all stat h00rs
Last Of The Finest

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main problem is that DOD has changed the way scoring is done, mainly. It's a good idea to change scoring so you don't have rampant camping, and rewards those players who put their necks out there to get shot to cap flags.

However, this leads to 1:2 K Ratios on people, and the people doing what ranks them high on the in-game scoreboard are near the bottom of the stats

After three days, I don't expect anyone to really have a good stats system for DOD. We'll see in a couple of months how stats are calculated.

LOTF
PFC Sitting Duck, Red-Shirted Member of the USS Enterprise, Dead Man Walking
Vicoden

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they do something. Especially on a map like Charlie where the allies aren't really going to get alot of kills, the whole point of that map is getting killed 10 times just to cap one point. Why should I even go Allies, except to keep teams even. (I put that last part in for BRN ) I know its not all about stats, but I do like to see on the board how I compare to the other players and the way it is now, its just not giving an accurate report.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
I really hope they do something. Especially on a map like Charlie where the allies aren't really going to get alot of kills, the whole point of that map is getting killed 10 times just to cap one point. Why should I even go Allies, except to keep teams even. (I put that last part in for BRN ) I know its not all about stats, but I do like to see on the board how I compare to the other players and the way it is now, its just not giving an accurate report.

Hmmmm.... for that I think you will be disapointed, as I don't think these stats are really useful to compare yourself with others, even if the scoring system was modified. IMO the stats would help you keeping track of what you did, how well, and against who, however because different players have different styles of play, you cannot really compare between each other. For exemple, if you know hockey, you will know you can't compare players only by their stats. It's the same with DoD.

This said, I hope they will manage to include the flag caps in the calculation. It is a stat as much as K/D now after all.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
Especially on a map like Charlie where the allies aren't really going to get alot of kills, the whole point of that map is getting killed 10 times just to cap one point. Why should I even go Allies, except to keep teams even. (I put that last part in for BRN

That's the map I get my highest k/d ratio on and I always play allies there. I usually protect my team on the beach from the axis looking for the easy kills on the beach. Sorry axis, not on my watch bucko

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: