FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
France
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: France Reply with quote

Now here is a list for all those who wish to make France pay for the lack of support. Unfortunately one of the companies on the list is the author of our favorite game,
For the first time, AMERICA was seeking help from france. . .
but france has turned her back!!!

Please remember these Dead Americans when you go shopping, as the french seem to have forgotten them.
France has every right to disagree with America, but France has moved from simple dissent to active hostility toward America. France President Chirac warned East European nations that if they sided with the US, France would oppose their membership in the European Union. This very week, William Safire reported in the New York Times that France has been secretly helping to arm Iraq and has been helping Irag build long range missiles. These same missiles may NOW possibly be used against our own US
soldiers. Just as France has exercised its right to disagree, all Americans can exercise their right to boycott and help countries that do not stand with us. French Products and Companies to Boycott:

Air France
Air Liquide
Airbus (airplanes in commericial use)
Alcatel
Allegra (allergy medication)
Aqualung - including: Spirotechnique, Technisub,
US Divers and SeaQuest
AXA Advisors
Bank of the West (owned by BNP Paribas)
Beneteau (boats)
BF Goodrich (owned by Michelin)
BIC (razors, pens and lighters)
Biotherm (cosmetics
Black Bush
Bollinger (champagne)
Car & Driver Magazine
Cartier
Chanel
Chivas Regal (scotch)
Christian Dior
Club Med (vacations)
Culligan (owned by Vivendi)
Dannon (yogurt and dairy foods)
DKNY
Dom Perigonon (champagne)
Durand Crystal
Elle Magazine
Essilor Optical Products
Evian
Fina (petroleum products) and Fina Oil (billions
invested in Iraqi oil fields)
First Hawaiian Bank
George Magazine
Givenchy
Glenlivet (scotch)
Hennessy (liquor products)
Houghton Mifflin (books)
Jacobs Creek (owned by Pernod Ricard since 1989)
Jameson (whiskey)
Jerry Springer (talk show)
Krups (coffee and cappuccino makers)
Lancome - Le Creuset (cookware)
L'Oreal (health and beauty products)
Louis Vuitton
Marie Claire
Martel Cognac
Maybelline
Mephisto (shoes & clothes)
Michelin (tires & auto parts)
Mikasa (crystal and glass)
Moet (champagne)
Motel 6
Motown Records
MP3.com
Mumms (champagne)
Nissan (cars - majority owned by
Renault
Nivea
Normany Butter
Parents Magazine
Peugeot (automobiles)
Pierre Cardin
Playstation Magazine
ProScan (owned by Thomson Electronics - France)
Publicis Group (including Saatchi & Saatachi
Advertising)
RCA (television & electronics - owned by Thomson
Electronics - France)
Red Magazine
Red Roof Inns (owned by Accor group in France)
Renault (automobiles)
Roquefort cheese (all Roquefort cheese is made in
France)
Rowenta (toasters, irons, coffe makers,
Royal Canadian
Salomon (skis)
Sierra Software & Computer Games
Smart & Final
Sofitel (hotels, owned by Accor group)
Sparkletts (water, owned by Danone)
Spencer Gifts.
Sundance Channel
Taylor Made (gold clubs & equipment)
Technicolor
T-Fal (kitchenware
Total Gas Stations
UbiSoft (computer games)
Uniroyal (tires)
Universal Studios (music, movies and amusement
parks - owned by Vivendi
US Filter
Veritas Group
Veuve Clicquot Champagne
Vittel
Vivendi
Wild Turkey (bourbon)
Woman's Day Magazine
Yoplait (The French company Sodiaal owns a 50%
stake)
Yves Saint Laurent
Zodia Inflatable Boats

Lastly, a French compay was awarded a $700 million plus contract to operate the 55 mess halls of our US Marine facilities. Call your congressman and ask that this be rescinded regardless of the cost. This is an absolute insult to our Marines.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like we're going to have to boycott all blizzard products too, eh? no more diablo and warcraft games for j00.

Edit: Just realised that we'll have to stop playing Half life too!
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goes around, Comes around as they say... Mr. Bush was asked about what america plans on doing to France and Bush's only response was "Well, Mr.Chirac won't be coming to the ranch anytime soon!"
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, just not buying HL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--- will pirate HL2, that'll show em!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rofl

Bushido wrote:
<--- will pirate HL2, that'll show em!
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boycott France Now

Click Here
`RaphX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me doesn't tear down the rainbow-coloured flag he got in Italy, bearing the word "Pace" (Italian for "Peace")
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

France refused to attack IRAQ because of lack of evidences of weapons of mass destruction.

AFAIK, they have yet to find these weapons. Was France so wrong?

Maybe not.

So leave alone those countries less inclined to war. And BTW Bada....

Bada Bing wrote:

France has every right to disagree with America, but France has moved from simple dissent to active hostility toward America. France President Chirac warned East European nations that if they sided with the US, France would oppose their membership in the European Union. This very week, William Safire reported in the New York Times that France has been secretly helping to arm Iraq and has been helping Irag build long range missiles. These same missiles may NOW possibly be used against our own US
soldiers.

I read this, and this is complete bullshit. France helping IRAQ to arm.... man... the things we can read these days Especially since US were known to arm IRAQ before....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

France and Germany did arm Iraq yjrough Russia. Missle defense systems, Nuclear Plants, GPS Sattelite interference systems.
Yes the US did arm them 25 years ago.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read this, and this is complete bullshit. France helping IRAQ to arm.... man... the things we can read these days Especially since US were known to arm IRAQ before....

The problem is France was allegidly arming Iraq during UN sanctions against UN sanctions. I dont think Frances feelings of not wanting war was any more than monitary on thier part. They had a huge amount of money to lose by Saddam not being in power. It isnt just the military reporting this, its embeded reporters reporting seeing weapons with date codes of manufacturing if I remember correctly somewhere around 1998-99. BTW, this isnt the US government only with hard feelings to France, but typical Americans that disliked the attitude of the French leading up to this, undermining anything and threatening to veto anything that gave a military option. Thats partly why the second resolution would of never happened. WMD may or may not be found, and IMO I really dont care. Seeing the Iraqi people free of that evil man and the atrocities he did to his very own people was worth the war itself. I think there is quite a few little dirty secrets that the French and Russians dont want to come out, along with the UN. Why doesnt the UN want to open the books? Something to hide? I think personally they turned a blind eye to many things that happened in Iraq cause they themselves had alot of $$ to lose with a change in leadership.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:
Quote:

The problem is France was allegidly arming Iraq during UN sanctions against UN sanctions. I dont think Frances feelings of not wanting war was any more than monitary on thier part. They had a huge amount of money to lose by Saddam not being in power. It isnt just the military reporting this, its embeded reporters reporting seeing weapons with date codes of manufacturing if I remember correctly somewhere around 1998-99. BTW, this isnt the US government only with hard feelings to France, but typical Americans that disliked the attitude of the French leading up to this, undermining anything and threatening to veto anything that gave a military option. Thats partly why the second resolution would of never happened. WMD may or may not be found, and IMO I really dont care. Seeing the Iraqi people free of that evil man and the atrocities he did to his very own people was worth the war itself. I think there is quite a few little dirty secrets that the French and Russians dont want to come out, along with the UN. Why doesnt the UN want to open the books? Something to hide? I think personally they turned a blind eye to many things that happened in Iraq cause they themselves had alot of $$ to lose with a change in leadership.

Yeah, tell me USA has nothing to hide also...

My point is: don't be too quick to blame France in this, as YOU also contributed to IRAQ's situation. Moreover, financial interests (oil), no matter what you say, was sure to be a factor for the US in that war. Not to mention that from now on there will be US military bases in IRAQ.

Liberating the country was clearly a side issue, however very useful to have the population behind this.

BTW, Canada had no financial interests whatsoever and did not approve. So are several other countries. So stop jerking France around.

I will add a last thing: You said France refused the call for help. That is incorrect. USA didn't need help, they needed SUPPORT. If the USA had been attacked, France would have been there to help, Canada would have been there, and the europenans countries.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its my choice and others not to buy things from France, and its Frances attitude and actions that make us not want to buy thier products. If it was just the case of ppl that were against us then we should boycott Canadian goods also. Thats not the case.

So far this oil thing has just been a liberal & european talking point. I will possibly think differently of our actions as a country if we dont hold true to what we say we are going to do with the oil there. It has been said many times all oil control is going to be given back to Iraqi control once it is able to be run by the Iraqi people.

Yes we gave to Saddam in 1988 I believe to help him defend himself against the Iran gov. Maybe wrong but Iran wasnt an Allie with us like the French are supposed to be right? Comparing the two situations is like mixing water and oil IMO.

As for attacking, I guess we should just follow the rule that unless attacked we should stand idle watching someone build up till the point that they cause some sort of attack. Its like everything you see now. Please tell me what else we should of done then.

Why our Gov. didnt push it as also a defence against terrorism is beyond me, maybe they didnt have the proof they really wanted to come out and say that. Saddam supporting terrorist in Isreal, terrorist now starting to be linked inside his country. Its just a matter of time IMO before the cat is out of the bag and alot of things are going to be said. Maybe even some that look bad for our country. Still doesnt change the way I feel about going there and about how I feel torwards France.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dosn't matter what any country does or says. All of us will here ONLY what the respective governmentS propaganda machine wants us to hear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
Dosn't matter what any country does or says. All of us will here ONLY what the respective governmentS propaganda machine wants us to hear.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: