FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NeoTF on ville 5 please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I went to play on 3 and its no longer up 24/7 Of course the ville 5 is empty too because people want to play NeoTF not normal TF. Well anyway I hope I get some kind of response this time.This is my third time suggesting this

[ This Message was edited by: Bada Bing on 2002-01-02 11:20 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egad no!

TV5 is one of the last bastions for normal TFC! You can't take that away! Cursed be the infidels and their unrighteous NTF mod!
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is wrong with you people? (you died stupid) Neotf sucks! It can be impossible to win against a semi-competent defense. Teamwork my arse. If there are no regulars on your team, you know how hard it is to create an organised attack. Neotf favors the defenders too much. Even with 2 engies it can be impossible. Imagine this scenario: 2 sgs, with engies beating on them with their spanners. 2 teslacoils, 1 or 2 anti missile launchers, albino gibbon spamming detpacks all over your base and a couple hwguys guarding the cap. It is suicide for the offense.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find that NTF favors the defenders. In regualar TF, a spy could actually steal the flag, but with the multiguns, a spy is easily and it doesn't take any skill in determing who is a spy because you just have to build a few tesla coils around the flag and no one would be able to get through.
stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll third that. As much as i like to watch people get barbecued by tesla coils, it really makes the game heavily D oriented. I mean like everyone on both teams play D cuz everyone wants to be engie/D spy. For example, I've noticed a trend on Avanti where the attacking team will have multiple engies and build guns and teslas everywhere and not even recognize there is a flag to be capped. MG's are damn cool looking and fun to kill with, but IMO unbalance the game.
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude a good enough spy can take on any type of mg. Teslas are spys worst nightmare but they can be easy to distroy. No matter where you put a mg you can kill it with out it even noticing you.

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind though, a medic and a semi compitent HW guy can destroy a defense regardless of the server being NeoTF or not. So....assuming that you have at least 1 or 2 concious players on your team, the cap can eventually be cleared (by the rest of the team, unless it's CP 3 on Avanti, then you might as well give up entirely) and the game won. Or, if you're defending, and the offense is so bad (read: full of n00bs) you feel like leaving, switch teams and breath life into that stagnant Neo round. I rather like the neo servers, but I agree that there is more chance to stall a game into the next week.

While the cons are there, I think that people would be more likely to play on it if 5 was Neo. TV3 is always packed, some of that is due to it being the most often found of the 5 servers in an update. (It's how I found the Ville a few months ago)

=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mg arent as easy to take out, nore are that that hard, it all depends, say you get a Defense team with engies that only want soldiers to up there guns, what you have there is you basic tfc defense cause lets face it those rocket mgs suck, half the time they miss, and i dont believ i've be caught by one, say you get engies like me that most of the time want spies and scouts, then offenses biggest helper would be good spies, kamikazi soldiers (like myslelf) and hwg, + a lil help from a demo, also , if you on offense, keep your ears peeled, you hear a tesla warming up back up fast, look around try to figure out where it is, then go for it, and what you should do before you die, after takin out the tesla, shoot any engi near you, you could get lucky hit them knock down there armor, and they cant get to a pack fast enough, course if you a reg. you probabley know all this, but for newbs and ntf newbs thats all for you, keep tv5 ntf free!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really think tesla's are that hard to take out. All u got to do is wait for it to kill a teamate then quickly before it can recharge get close and call a airstrike. I love it whan engies build 3 tesla's and 3 sg's real close together on avanti or warpath. All it takes is 1 airstrike and if your teams on the ball they can cap the point. Even is the church 1 demo with a couple of mirv's and a scout following him with the flag can easily clear the church and let the scout cap. Even if the mirv misses 1 tesla or SG I run in ahead of the scout and trigger the tesla or take the wrath of the sg allowing him/her to cap
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget though, it is easier to build an mg than destroy it. It takes what? 1 second to build the mg and as long as a spy is handy, you can have a tesla coil back less then 10 seconds after it was destroyed, whereas an sg can take quite a while to be rebuilt back to lvl 3, plus it can't detect spies.

Bubba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the only people able to upgrade mgs is the spys scouts medics and snipers, all the other mgs totally suck!

[ This Message was edited by: Bubba on 2002-01-02 18:21 ]
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just saying the ville 5 is always empty pretty much and it is a 24/7 server and I hate playing on most other servers due to the Llama factor

Are you threatening me ???
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need to debate the pros and cons of ntf in this thread, there are a bunch of others already dedicated to that....

Bada - I've found that ntf attracts those same llamas you want to avoid. People will come to the server, sure, but only to play engy and make those neato mgs. These people don't have much teamwork (outside of screaming 'tough my mg!!' in their mics) and rarely push forward. I'd rather play a small game with a couple coordinated guys than a large engy-fest anyday. But then again, thats just me.....
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

East coasters unite, save TV5! It's the only server I get under a 100 ping on on my DSL line. You midwesterners and westerners have servers, leave us East folk alone !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
<---MrHat--->

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like TV-5 just the way it is!!!!

I hate that NEO crapola...

Please,Please,Please dont change things!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: