FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: TV1 Reply with quote

Did the server change locations? Or have a new feature added? Whatever happened, my choke is horrible. My ping stays about 60, but all of my actions are about 1 second to 1 1/2 seconds late.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running into that earlier I would try to snipe someone and they were by me before I shot.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this earlier. The only response I got was that it was on our end. I have changed numerous settings, and nothing has helped fix this. I am almost certain that it is a server issue.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your choke is not due to any setting on the server or the servers connection. TV1 has a Full T1 wich is guarenteed 1.5 mbps upstream and downstream. Cable or Dsl has no where near the Quality of Service that a T1 has. Stop blaming the servers for all of your connection issues, i am really getting tired of all these posts. Change your settings or get a better connections. It is either your "rate" setting "cl_cmdrate" or "cl_updaterate" setting or your connection is just bad. If if was the server everybody would be getting choke not just you few, i dont have any magic setting that says to choke or lag you out when you join. Check my previous posts on choke.

I have even had choke issues in the past(TV3), but as I actually read up on it and realized it is client side and not server related i didnt waste my time blaming the server ops. I checked my settings out and eventually found a good point at wich all of my choke disappeared.

TV1 has a great connection and many people have really good pings on it.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawr danno, you tell them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lighten up mong. I know it's hard to take a 56ker (like borg) serious but when several people on dedicated connexions have a similar problem maybe there is a problem - or maybe you could politely link to the post where you have explained how to trace the problem.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:
Your choke is not due to any setting on the server or the servers connection. TV1 has a Full T1 wich is guarenteed 1.5 mbps upstream and downstream. Cable or Dsl has no where near the Quality of Service that a T1 has. Stop blaming the servers for all of your connection issues, i am really getting tired of all these posts. Change your settings or get a better connections. It is either your "rate" setting "cl_cmdrate" or "cl_updaterate" setting or your connection is just bad. If if was the server everybody would be getting choke not just you few, i dont have any magic setting that says to choke or lag you out when you join. Check my previous posts on choke.

I have even had choke issues in the past(TV3), but as I actually read up on it and realized it is client side and not server related i didnt waste my time blaming the server ops. I checked my settings out and eventually found a good point at wich all of my choke disappeared.

TV1 has a great connection and many people have really good pings on it.

Danno, it is server side, and has nothing to do with my connection. I have a fine ping on TV1, but I delay really badly. How do I know that it's server side? Because my choke and everything else is just fine on other servers. I get a 60 ping on some other servers, just like I do on TV1, but I don't get any delay. I've had a 100 ping on a server before, and I got less delay than I do on TV1. This problem I have with TV1 started about 3 weeks ago, and my connection hasn't changed at all. So I know it's not my computer. I don't know what it is, but I can't play on TV1 anymore without serious choke.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VP, listen i know what i am talking about i set the damn thing up. Logically if it was the server everybody would have really bad choke NOT JUST YOU! Borg, you have always had a bad connection, just stop your whining..

Your settings or connection CANNOT HANDLE that data that Tv1 is sending to you. Take shaft and JD, both are in canada and neither have them have any choke or lag issues. Theres should be the worst.

Have you guys tried anything to fix it? Have you asked anyone for help? Or do you just sit back and whine and bitch and blame all your problems on everbody else?

I have offered to work with everybody on this and have helped quite a few people fix there connections issues, but some just keep blaming it on the servers. Play somewhere else and whine and bitch like you do here see if they will put up with it, they will tell you to go get screwed.

I have offered to help you in the past but personally if all you do is whine and bitch and blame it on the server, well then i really dont give a shit no more. I have spent alot of time in getting TV1 working good, so i know its settings are tweaked for good connections for all.

Its whiners and bitchers like you that make me just want to toss my hat in...

But then i think of the few here that ask for help, listen to our advice and make the ville a great place to be..

Whiners and bitcher go somewhere else i am sick of you.

Enuff whining Tv1 is fine.

CHOKE IS CLIENT SIDE!!!!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danno, about your comment on no one saying anything about the lag, check the logs, there have been plenty of people complaining about it. Also, people won't be coming here to complain, only the really devoted regs will, most will just go somewhere else, which would say why there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of people of people playing on other servers. It is not my connection. I can play fine on ANY other server, but when I get to TV1, I have a terrible time. You have never offered to help. You have always complained about us who want to have something done, either help or something else. But there are more reasons to a server having problems than just the connection. There could be something chewing up all of the resources, it could have a worm or virus. Those are to name a few.

My final comment is to everyone experiencing any problems. Come join me for a good low choke game on TV3.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull Shit Borg, i have offerd help go through my posts and ask everybody else. I have also helped you in game a few times, quit lieing borg. I can go and check the logs on any of the servers and i will find people complaing about lag so that means nothing.

Not everbody will get a good connection on every server out there. And it has been known since day one that peeps on the west coast do not get a good connection to tv1 because of bad routing, so it is your connection. Just because you can get a better connection on a differnt server doesnt mean is not your connection!

The server has no resource problems what so ever borg, its virus free as it has always been.

Borg i am a System admin at work for Well over 300 servers, I know what I am talking about here.

Also BORG you have done nothing but whine and bitch and moan about everything espicially your connection, do us all a favor and just STOP and go somewhere else!
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My connection maybe the suck at times. I can still pwn Danno and his 15 ping either way.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 0 loss and about 2 choke on TV1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
How do I know that it's server side? Because my choke and everything else is just fine on other servers. I get a 60 ping on some other servers, just like I do on TV1, but I don't get any delay. I've had a 100 ping on a server before, and I got less delay than I do on TV1.

Actually the bandwidth sent to you by the servers, thus the choke rate, is entirely unrelated to the latency (delay) between the client and server. You can get great performance (no choke) on most servers and get choked by the high bandwidth ones because they are sending you 50 or 100Kbits/sec based on your rate settings, and either you or something between you and the server can't handle that data rate. Getting choked by high bandwidth servers is most likely to happen to players with slow connections that have a rate setting too high for their speed. It makes perfect sense that servers that do server-side limiting of client rates, or have less bandwidth, could have any ping speed and no choke compared with a high bandwidth server.
sSdD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:
Bull Shit Borg
chill pill?
Vulcan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure know how to push someone who could potentially be suicidial over the edge. GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: