FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anti cheat on the ville?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomday

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Anti cheat on the ville? Reply with quote

Is it possible to run som sort of anti cheat on your servers?

there are too many cheaters on the ville right now that its starting to suck big time. and i guess that its more work for u but wouldnt it be more work if i send u 2- 3 demos everyday of cheaters for u too look at .

i wont name any names cayse among the cheaters i see are "regs" or play here alot.

sure i can go to a cheat free server but i sort of like playing at the ville.. liked it more back in the days though .. but u cant turn back time.

as i see it, fair game is more fun, to win by cheating mite be fun for some... but cant we get rid of them? and if there is a cheat program u can only see skills at the ville and not the cheats playing for them.

if u see me in the game and i say "autoaim" i only say that as a joke (most of the time). cause alot of players dont use it, they are just damn good (which will be proven with a cheat prog).

thanks

http://www.clan-njk.com/
#njk-clan
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti cheat on the ville? Reply with quote

Doomday wrote:
there are too many cheaters on the ville right now that its starting to suck big time. and i guess that its more work for u but wouldnt it be more work if i send u 2- 3 demos everyday of cheaters for u too look at .

Send the demos to me. I don't care how many you have, I will take em. If there are any that I think may contain something not right then I can get the problem taken care of for you. There is no excuse for having a cheat, especially from the regs here.

I know your main topic is about getting an anti-cheat program on the servers. I'm not sure what the server owners thoughts are on it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny you say that cause in the almost 2 yrs of playin I have maybe complained about 1-2 cheaters, but in the last 6 days I've had to report 4 ppl running speed cheats. Why the sudden change, I'm not sure. I've also noticed on a couple other servers not part of TV ppl running aimbots. Personally I hate making spec demos, whenever the person dies it locks up HL and I have to restart everything for whatever reason.

BTW, I would like to say BRN you rock. Very involved, and dont hesitate to send him a demo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo BRN. I'm also available to deal with these types.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other reason y i asked is that i like to play.. hehe and if there are someone i think cheats i rather leave and go to another server then to go spec and hope to "catch" him/her. Maybe thats wrong to "go away" from the problem, but there is solutions to it, thats y im asking. And i never seem to get it on the demos i record my self.. never recording when it's cheating time (rarely record )

I know that a cheat prog mite lag the server. .. i dont want lag.. and i dont like cheaters... and i dont want to chose between them lol (hard choise) maybe have u dont have to have it on all the servers. u can make a cheat server and a none-cheat server lol.

hehe i remeber when i was in A.I, when we where recruiting we wanted the players to come and play at theville so we could see that they didnt cheat lol.

(also i liked the song or what ever it was that played when there was a cheater that tried to enter the servers )

#njk-clan
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is cheat programs don't work.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get demos then get me names. I won't do anything with a name but make a post to watch out for those players in the admin boards or in IM with other admins. We need to keep our servers cheat free. This is our home and if it is corrupted, even by those that call it home, then those people need to be dealt with. My biggest complaint lately seems to be team stacking but I will deal with that before I deal with cheating. I catch anyone cheating and there is no second chance, just say bubye.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by team stacking?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see where doom is coming from, and now that he mentions it i dont see the HLGaurd or CSGaurd anymore watsup with that i know that some hackers get past them but all the noobies will get caught. Just something to think about when u are watching all these cheaters get caught and haveing to manually ban them

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
What do you mean by team stacking?

The term team stacking that I use is when regulars that know each others skill and/or are in the same clan and work well together all join the same team. This leads to scores of 150 - 10. No fun for the team on the recieving end of the arse whoopin. I have been living with it for a while now however this is the main reason I don't play TFC that much anymore. I do pop in on occasion but it's usually under an alias.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some experience with this whole cheat protection thing.. They dont freaking work worth a sh*t. The cheats come out to damn fast for the HLGuard Coders or VAC to keep up with them. We had hlguard on tv1 for about 6-7 months and the damn thing never caught anyone.. Admins would catch the cheaters before HLGuard did. No server is cheat free, the cheats will allways be ahead of the protection. Pretty much all they do is just lag the server.

Also You really gotta be carefull who you are accusing of cheating here, alot of regs have played this game since it was released and are very good at it.

Send your demos, file a complaint thats the best way right now. We will take care of them. Cheaters dont deserve the right to play anywhere!

I think we should come up with a new admin group, "The Hit Squad"
With BRN and Blue Ruler being the members.. They always react in a very timely manner to complaints... PROPS to BRN and Blue!!!!

Last edited by Dann0 on Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one thought maybe out on anti cheat for a few days once a month so it chatchs the noob h4x0rs at least or not what ever
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish Warpig wrote:
just one thought maybe out on anti cheat for a few days once a month so it chatchs the noob h4x0rs at least or not what ever

I'll squash em by then

Thx fot the props Danno. It's good to hear once in a while

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Doomday

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:

Also You really gotta be carefull who you are accusing of cheating here, alot of regs have played this game since it was released and are very good at it.

i know that y i said "regs", i dont mean the regular regs, but ppl that has bin playing on the servers some times and are starting to get recognised.

ok if the anti cheat progs wont help.. then sure i will try to get some demos. and we can all hope that ppl start to learn instead of cheating.

and BRN i will not name any names till i can prove it by a demo. so that noone gets wrongfully acused.

thanks

#njk-clan
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never ask you to post them here, would prefer you did in a PM. If I have the names then I know who to look out for. If you'd rather have a demo first then I have no problem with that either.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: