FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The War in IRAQ!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: The War in IRAQ! Reply with quote

I just thought I just say this now. I feel sorry for the ppl that live in the east and some of the west. Because once the bombs hit this world is going to change forever, at least till the war is over. Soo, lets all have a moment of silence for the soldiers who are going to risk their lives for us.

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you know the casualties are going to be like Desert Storm 1. It was almost nothing compared to the amount of people there. Statistically more people die everyday in auto accidents than died the whole time in the War.

American soldiers have the best training, the best equipment, weapons, military intelligence, strategic minds, and medical facilities in the whole world. They are prepared for anything and have the battle resolve of a trained fighting dog.

They may get hit but they probably wont go down what with all the body armor and all. And considering most of the targets will be taken out by the 3000 or so bombs that they said they're going to fire inthe first few minutes of the War

Chris Rock was on Letterman earlier this week and was talking about it. He said something like "War? A War is only when the people you're fighting can hurt you back, this ain't no war, They're fixin to Jump Iraq, Iraq is gonna get jumped"
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes casulties will be low unless he bring it to urban warfare, then it will be a vry long war & many casulties will be the result of both sides, just everyone pray that we can get it over & done with quickly & smoothly & bring all the women & men overseas back safely.
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is ....damn.....just saddam has too much pride in him to lave iraq...he knows its th end.. and will die fighting what he think is right...which is him in power....

aa, oshiete sensei-san
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't die, he'll try to flee like Bin Laden, he had one of his guys buying diamonds in another country, probably to use as currency when he bolts and hides because he knows he'd be in trouble if caught.

I have to disagree on the urban warfare NoPeace, the military has been training for years for that type of scenario, alot of the new weapons were made specifically for that. American casualties are unacceptable for the army, the only casualties will be most likely FriendlyFire and mechanical failure, like when the helicopters crash and stuff like that.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree oldman probably won't be much of a war but I was suprised today how many kids thought..wait they didnt think at all they just repeated what they heard anyway the majority said we should not go to war this really surprised me because I thought most people would see there is no other alternative but apparently not I mean if we don't hit them they will only get stronger and then attack us I dont like war but it is not possible to avoid right now and some people think it is how?
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kason Allen wrote:
I agree oldman probably won't be much of a war but I was suprised today how many kids thought..wait they didnt think at all they just repeated what they heard anyway the majority said we should not go to war this really surprised me because I thought most people would see there is no other alternative but apparently not I mean if we don't hit them they will only get stronger and then attack us I dont like war but it is not possible to avoid right now and some people think it is how?

actually they would be the minority since about 70% support war.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fear for the American soldier's lives, Iraq will be a pushover. I fear for the innocent Iraqi's lives however. US Officials said that the ground battle in Iraq would be preceded by the most brutal airial bombings ever witnessed by the world.

Americans will die, that's a given; but more innocents will die. We all know how inaccurate missiles can be, they say that during desert storm only 1/5 of the missiles ever hit their targets. But I guess that's war.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thewz wrote:
I don't fear for the American soldier's lives, Iraq will be a pushover. I fear for the innocent Iraqi's lives however. US Officials said that the ground battle in Iraq would be preceded by the most brutal airial bombings ever witnessed by the world.

Americans will die, that's a given. But we all know how inaccurate missiles can be, they say that during desert storm only 1/5 of the missiles ever hit their targets.

exactly
Iraq's military is in no way even in skill or weaponry to the US, but the civilian casualties will be enormous.
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Americans will die, that's a given; but more innocents will die. We all know how inaccurate missiles can be, they say that during desert storm only 1/5 of the missiles ever hit their targets. But I guess that's war.

I was reading a article and it said the reason alot of those bombs missed thier targets is they use GPS to find thier target but Saddem has Jammers To block the signal so the bomb falls a lil short of its target and instead hits the villages and innocents, so the usa has to drop 1/5 more bombs then they would if Saddam Didint use Jammers.. It was a pretty intersting article ill see if i can find the link...
Hosway[CJP]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the first battle going to begin at 8:00pm eastern time?

---
Hosway[CJP] is now Doppelgangster.
Come, let's talk with swords!
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this does not mean their will be a battle at 8 est, what the prez said was we will start a attack at our descression at that time so we might have a batltle then but it might be some time b4 it actually starts.

i just hope that all our soldiers make it home safely

KopiKat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us not forget what we are fighting here people, its called a war. Its unfortunate that civilians have to die, it really is, my heart goes out to them and theirs. However, more civilians were killed in other wars, like vietnam, korea, World War II, and other wars. Its an unfortunate fact of warfare, and we really are going to have to accept it. Thats what happense when evil dictator's get controll of a source of income.

-KK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopsies posted twice, sorry people.

<TVB>Potato-thh-

Last edited by Potato-VS- on Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:

Dude, you know the casualties are going to be like Desert Storm 1. It was almost nothing compared to the amount of people there. Statistically more people die everyday in auto accidents than died the whole time in the War.

American soldiers have the best training, the best equipment, weapons, military intelligence, strategic minds, and medical facilities in the whole world. They are prepared for anything and have the battle resolve of a trained fighting dog.

They may get hit but they probably wont go down what with all the body armor and all. And considering most of the targets will be taken out by the 3000 or so bombs that they said they're going to fire inthe first few minutes of the War

Chris Rock was on Letterman earlier this week and was talking about it. He said something like "War? A War is only when the people you're fighting can hurt you back, this ain't no war, They're fixin to Jump Iraq, Iraq is gonna get jumped"

The best training and equipment in the world still will not make urban warfair less bloody... It will be a very bloody war if there is alot of fighting in places like Bagdahd and the such... 8 people can easily defeat 100 people in gorilla warfair if its done correctly so it will not really matter if there is the best equipment or training in the world. Though Im sure that if another country other than the states started to go to war with Iraq it would be much more bloody because of the training factors. However I still believe that tehre will be more than 3 casualties this time during the war. I also dis agree with what Chris Rock said... All it takes is some smart thinking on Sadaam's part and there can be a ton of civilian and military casualties.

[quote]I don't fear for the American soldier's lives.[quote]

Its also over confidence that makes people have high casulties in warfair as well... However I do agree that there will be many civilian casulties.

Has anyone ever thought that Sadaam might just draw oh lets say 200,000 US Soldier into/around bagdahd then use a nuke and just blow em all to smitherines? After all, everyone says that they have weapons of mass destruction - I agree - but has anyone ever thought about the amount of lives he could take at the push of a button? Has anyone ever thought about the ammount fo american lives the leader of North Korea could take at the push of a button? Has anyone thought of the ammount fo lives that, I know that some will take offense here, the Americans could take at the push of a button?

The war hasnt EVEN started yet and people are already guessing of its course and end... Fool hardy to me.

Im not going to post too much in this thread anymore, it will definatly start some cross words with each other. I dont want to be a part of dissing fellow members of TVB or fellow players.
Just my opinion,
<TVB>Potato-thh-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: