FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
35 Weapons + 1 Early Xmas Present = 36

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I sneaked into the 36 weapons club yesterday evening.
Having obtained 35 weapons without too much trouble, I got stuck trying to get the caltrop kill to complete the 36. After over 3 hours of throwing my life away and getting nowhere, JD gracially stepped in (Literally) to end my misery. After 3 hours of constant death and no caltrop kill, to say I was very frustrated, would have been an understatement at the time.
Thank you JD for firstly noticing the situation I was in and then secondly giving me the kill as an "early Christmas present". Coincidentily, it was JD that I hit with a headshot with which I entered to 29 club, only I didn't know it was JD at the time...

For those who take on the challenge, good luck. And for those who have already achieved it, congratulations, I tip my hat to you.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy and Safe Christmas
Ap.

Monk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it once, but I couldn't get that damn caltrop kill. I don't know how anybody could without some luck. Anyway, hats off to all those who have done it.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What??? You also got a headshot off me? Thats 2 gifts!!!

Now see what you have started, I am going to have to give everyone 2 frags instead of one!

Actually it was funny Apache, I was curious about who Lakota was and why he was playing scout so much. But as you seemed to be fairly cooperative and such I didnt worry about it much. After leaving the game I was browsing the stats and decided to see who you were. Thats when I noticed that you needed the caltrop and that was why you had been a scout for the past several hours.

It was my pleasure to walk all over your caltrops and give you a early Christmas present.

My only bit of advice for people trying to get caltrop kills is to work with a HW who softens up a victim, then drop the caltrops and take the victims life as he runs from the HW.

JD
Shootakill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im goin for it and im already up to 31 one so if anyone sees me come near me and let yourself be killed!
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weaken someone up close with nail gun while dropping caltrops this will get you fairly easy caltrop kills Same technique works for railgun,spanner,and crowbar kills Make sure you set that weapon on last weapon and have last weapon key close to your movement keys.

[ This Message was edited by: Bada Bing on 2001-12-26 12:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bada Bing on 2001-12-26 12:26 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shootakill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already got those kills. Caltrops was hard though. Run, restock nades (if possible), throw caltrops, throw caltrops, throw caltrops(if restocked), die, repeat. over and over. I missed when I got the kill so when I logged off and checked it scared me. What exactly is the medkit kill? Is that killing them by useing the medkit? If so what's the difference between timer and infection?
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timer and infection are same thing. When you make contact with the med kit it takes a couple health points away. If that person has that many or less health then you get a kit kill.

Nothing worse than working someone with the kit only to have someone else shot them or they die from infection between kit hits.

While we are off the subject NOTHING worse than standing on an NME spy beating him with a crowbar only to have some inconsiderate jerk come up and shoot them !!! Grrrrr.....
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel Cyco but with a twist.
Being a soldier nothing is as depressing as one after another "kills" are robbed as the enemy is thrown up from multiple rockets only to die on impact. Or worse yet is to have a scout or medic run up and shoot the enemy with a single shot after blasting him to near death and your just sending the killing rocket home.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I just take satisfaction in the fact that we killed the enemy and prevented them from hurting a team mate.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang JD thats just so PC snif snif tears up

OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha roof
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the funniest thing to do as spy is feign death in front of an nme, let him beat you with his crowbar, but before he can kill you type kill in your console. It's soo funny especially if you find someone who is trying to get the crowbar/spanner kill for the 36 weapon club.

Kilaak Kommander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO WHAT I LIKE? KILAAK KOMMANDER LIKE TO TAKE OUT YOURE MOMMA WITH HIS LUV GUN. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

WATE, MUST BE POLITICLY CORECT TEAM PLAYUR LIKE JONDOE~TPF. OKAY. KILAAK KOMMANDER LIKE TO SHARE YOURE MOMMA WITH WHOLE TEAM!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

thewz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey kilaak commander here's a good idea: don't talk. You know what you can do with your love gun? you can turn it sideways and shove it up your kilaak ass! HAHAHAHAHA KILAAK ARE UGLY LIKE SHITZ AND HAVE SMALL PENUSES WITH GENITAL WARTS!

Karl Marx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the solid advice on how to get caltrop/crowbar/etc kills, Bada Bing.

I'll be back in town & back fraggin' by '02!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: