FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tim Hortons review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. My days at the Ville are just about over, but before they end, I offer you this little article. It was originally composed on my PDA during several visits to Tim Hortons.

As you may be aware, the Canadian residents of the Ville speak fondly of an establishment called Tim Hortons. During my recent visit to Montreal, I took several opportunities to enjoy this north-of-the-border phenomenon. Here's the low-down from a Yankee point of view.

Tim Hortons is a donut and coffee joint, although they also sell heartier fare like soup and sandwiches. The company slogan is "toujours frais," which translates to "chocolate feet" in English.
I don't know what that's about, but the decor is warmer and friendlier than your typical chain store, with mellow Autumn colors and homey knick-knacks. It somehow achieves a pleasant middle ground between sterile generica and fawning pretension, without surrendering to the vagaries of either extreme. And the chicks behind the counter generally had nice asses.

The food was excellent, and always fresh (hey, that would make a nice motto). The sandwiches are small, but thick and flavorful. You might even call them "perky". The donuts are quite good, and they make a fine cruller. This is important, because everyone knows that the cruller is the champagne of donuts. From the coffee side, I particularly enjoyed the Cafe Mocha. It comes bathed in whipped cream and caresses the tongue with velvety goodness, just like yo momma. Except that yo momma don't cost me a whole dollar.

Overall, it's a pleasant dining experience. But how does Tim Hortons compare to American donut juggernaut Dunkin' Donuts? Tim Hortons steps on its neck and takes its lunch money. It's not even a fair fight. What about Krispy Kreme? Well, Krispy Kreme still makes a better donut than anyone, but for overall product quality and atmosphere, Hortons dominates again.

So what IS better than Tim Hortons in the land of stars and stripes? Here's what you do. First, you need a Starbucks with couches. Then on a cold winter's day, find a nearby Cinnabon and get one fresh from the oven. Hurry over to Starbucks, get a Gingerbread Latte, and plop yourself down on a couch. Then take out your laptop, fire up your wireless modem, and frag at the Ville while enjoying your latte and Cinnabon. That, my friends, is living.

FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you are absolutely sure that there is no beer involved?

Either way, this was a very good review. Very piquant with a nutty aftertaste. And I just might have to change my handle to "Chocolate Feet" in honor of our Canadian brothers. Y'know it is the land where ice was born, according to Molson importers.

Hate to think of you leaving the ville TYO, but just knowing you can make fun of people in game, and in writing, makes me feel much better. You'll go far my young friend. Once they beat that rebellious streak out of you, like they did me and make you kowtow to the man... you'll go far indeed.

FingerDemon
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ! tyo invaded montreal???
Tell me that you went to a smoked meat restaurant when you were here! Montreal is famous for our incredible smoked meat! There's this little restaurant near my house called Jarry smoked meat. 2 eggs, with 4 slices of bacon, 2 sausages, home fries, and a nice hot coffee for 4.89, and for an extra buck you can get a nice side-order of beautiful juicy smoked meat.
And you're right about the hot chicks behind the counter, thank god for inventing tight pants.

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bttt for Ktulu's benefit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: