FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I think TV servers hate me =(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: I think TV servers hate me =( Reply with quote

Because I get constant bull shit things happeneing to me all the time... I just totally give up, I spike like shit people lag I can't hit them, I all of a sudden no longer hear people walking and just utter bullshit that shouldn't happen and pisses me off. So #Fist this
JTHM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 lin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did not understand a word you said lin
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate.
PondScm007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was on tv1, fine ping, then it went to like 400... went to the hood, same thing... strange

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange things are happening. it's just the same thing with the packet loss.
Puggy Poo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silleh linny poo, i hope ur love will go on!!!!!!! har

:sex: with my dirty wuver jthm and rat is teh tard, stuf
`RaphX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's happening on other servers, not just here?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine on TV2, 3, and 4. But I'm pinging 400 on TV1. It wasn't even playable for me tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have insane packet loss, and it is on all servers I try.
luda...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawr meh ping is in teh 60's in TV1
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still pinging from 20-30..

I checked the server out today and its operating normally, no issues there.. If you lagged before 5 cst, its because MerF's still at work but after 5 it should be fine...

I had some issues a few ago to, tv1 was just unplayable for me, ping was at least 400(everybody else was fine). And of course calling att did no good at all, there techs are completely useless. I ended up just waiting it out a few weeks. Also att just got bought out by comcast so who knows what they are doing now.

If your on dial-up theres not much that can really be done. You will always have a higher ping and more lag. Dont just sit in the server and complain about your ping/lag, nobody wants to hear somebody whine. Its just common courtesy.. I know borg has done some research on getting a better ping with dial-up so maybe he will be nice and post some tips...

Like I have said before if your lagging or spiking and everybody else is fine it is obviously your connection, Dont just sit in the server and complain nobody wants to hear somebody whine. Call your ISP and complain there, complaining here about it will not help. Do a tracert, or use visualroute, and tell them where the lag is coming from. However if everyone on the server is spiking, use the complaint dept to let us know about it. Or if its tv1 or tv4 feel free to IM me and Ill be more than happy to look at it..

Also remember there are tweaks that can be done to help with lag or spikeing, if you want a few sites to help you out let me know.

If we dont know we cant help...
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:
Im still pinging from 20-30..

I checked the server out today and its operating normally, no issues there.. If you lagged before 5 cst, its because MerF's still at work but after 5 it should be fine...

I had some issues a few ago to, tv1 was just unplayable for me, ping was at least 400(everybody else was fine). And of course calling att did no good at all, there techs are completely useless. I ended up just waiting it out a few weeks. Also att just got bought out by comcast so who knows what they are doing now.

If your on dial-up theres not much that can really be done. You will always have a higher ping and more lag. Dont just sit in the server and complain about your ping/lag, nobody wants to hear somebody whine. Its just common courtesy.. I know borg has done some research on getting a better ping with dial-up so maybe he will be nice and post some tips...

Like I have said before if your lagging or spiking and everybody else is fine it is obviously your connection, Dont just sit in the server and complain nobody wants to hear somebody whine. Call your ISP and complain there, complaining here about it will not help. Do a tracert, or use visualroute, and tell them where the lag is coming from. However if everyone on the server is spiking, use the complaint dept to let us know about it. Or if its tv1 or tv4 feel free to IM me and Ill be more than happy to look at it..

Also remember there are tweaks that can be done to help with lag or spikeing, if you want a few sites to help you out let me know.

If we dont know we cant help...

I wouldn't ask myself for advice right now, I am the biggest complainer right now because something is going with TFC it almost seems like. I tried playing dod and had a little loss, but not as much as I had in TFC. I am getting about 60 packet loss on average on all servers. Tracerts don't help. They show everything is fine except for when I try to tracert Osiris' server. But TV1 is fine on the tracert, but I have HUGE packet loss there.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed, with DOD at least.. My ping is a lot higher on those servers(100-200), but I dont notice any lag. Yet with a ping like that on TFC its almost unplayable. Seems like DOD has a much better NetCode than TFC.. I have read alot of articles on how the last patch for TFC really caused alot more problems with lag(Also heard thats what causes that FlushEntity Error).. Maybe the next patch will solve some of these issues.

Heres a few things that might help u all...
http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10933&highlight=choke

http://amckern.actionrealm.com/resource/mods/netcode_explained.html
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound upset Lin . This is just a hunch though.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: