FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Fecal Matter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: A Fecal Matter Reply with quote

I was playing on TV1 this afternoon. I said shit after getting killed in the same spot a few times. Someone said I should watch my language and set an example. Perhaps that's true. Who is to say?

I remember a time not so long ago when shit was a word in the Ville Soundpack. I also remember when the WTF in the soundpack used to say something different than what it does now. Anyone who's played around here for any legth of time knows I don't swear very often. When I do it's done in fun.

While I recognize the need to keep things fairly clean around our servers, let's not get to sterile. My sense is we should be catering to the civil majority and in my humble opinion, that majority says shit once in awhile.

That is all I have to say about that.

JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that SHIT!

every now and then an explicative is fine, but when someone uses one for every other word in a sentence it gets a little tiresome.

Just remember SHIT HAPPENS!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the term is excessive profanity, the occasional curse is understandable during a high stress game but excessive profanity either verbal or text is a no no and can get you kicked, banned or reported to the jackboot thugs that you call the admins.

Dont make me come over there !

J.D. (aka Jackboot Thug Doe)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnCarterofMars wrote:
I'll second that SHIT!

every now and then an explicative is fine, but when someone uses one for every other word in a sentence it gets a little tiresome.

Just remember SHIT HAPPENS!

I am one that doesn't like to see curses abused. However I do agree with you MJ. When used in moderation then I don't see any harm in it.

Why don't you take that SHIT somewhere else JCOM

God Bless You Blue Ruler
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.D. (aka Jackboot Thug Doe) LICKS FROZEN PEE ON A STICK!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: