FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The New Complaint Department
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: The New Complaint Department Reply with quote

Sorry it has come to this but we've now made the Complaint Dept. private. From now on any flaming whatsoever will NOT be tolerated in these forums. If you wanna flame someone do it through a PM. Any and all flames will be deleted immediately, no questions asked.

The first offense will be a warning, the second offense will be a 1 week ban, the third offense will be a permanent ban.

Here's the link..

http://www.theville.org/complaints/

Sorry, but you will need to register a seperate account with a valid email address to file a complaint.

Registration Link:
http://www.theville.org/complaints/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=register&lang=en

Last edited by Robert E. Lee on Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thxs for bringing us this information rob, admins and council members...
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion, but isn't this going to just cause more trouble. It appears to me that a portion of the problem that people have is that everything is done in private and no one knows what is going on and for what reason. Just look at the US for example. Bush says that there are reasons for his actions, but isn't providing any real proof and he is getting flamed worldwide because of it.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got flamed? When did that happen?
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i must be oblivious because i don't see many flaming posts. Though your the boss Rob and i can see the point of keeping it private kinda like out of sight of mind theory. But i kind think borg has a point that people wont have a clue what is going on, but like i said your the boss and it is your choice not mine, so all i can say is my humble opinion.

Powdermilkman
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Complaint Departement wasn't just whining about who did what, and those who remember it, most of the Complaint Department wasn't just flaming, it was actual and worthwhile complaints. Things seemed easier then. Eh, probably just my bad memory. I just hope, and ask. that people don't start moving these matters into the General Ramblings or some other forum.

I think that it would be best if all opinions in this matter are seriously considered. Mine is that if it's a flame, I'm avoiding it, no matter where it's at, with the exception of PMs of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a brilliant idea, the work of a genius.
When someone submits a complaint now it instantly notifies all the admins by email which means you should get a faster resolution to the complaint.

This is a gaming community not a cesspool of arguments and flames, what good comes from that crap? Nothing it just divides us further. The Ville should be a place where you can escape from the real world and all the problems in your life. Somewhere along the line most of us have forgotten this is a game and we started playing it because it is fun.

We are not doing this to 'hide' things we are doing this to end the useless flames. If you have a complaint all the admins will know about it and it will be resolved one way or another.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary fear is that the admins will abuse poor villens behind closed doors. Then, when they post on the public boards their posts are deleted allowing them no way to "protect" themselves.
Monk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torak, after all the time you have been playing here can you honestly entertain that fear? If you can't trust the admins then you might as well move on. I have nothing but the greatest respect for all of the admins here who put in so much time and effort to make this a great gaming community. Posts like that just aren't necessary. This is how things are going to be done, and if you are worried about big, evil admins then you might as well leave.

Now of course, if there is one admin who makes a mistake, or by some freak of chance one of them turns into a crazy, evil policeman out to get you, it is highly unlikely that the entire admin staff has also become corrupted. If you truly believe one of the admins is abusing his power then bring it to the attention of one of the other admins. You better have proof though. If you start making empty claims of admin harrassment, don't expect to last here long. If you do have a legitimate complaint I am certain that the rest of the admins will deal with it justly. They aren't an evil organization out to get you.

It is the same as the real world. You need to have some sort of trust in your police force or the whole idea doesn't work. Fortunately, in a gaming community you can leave if you think that the powers that be are abusing their powers. If you truly believe that the entire admin staff has turned into a bunch of Stalin wannabes, you have the right to leave. If such a situation occured, it wouldn't be worth staying anyway.

Fortunately we have a great group of admins, so we have nothing to worry about. Please don't make posts like that Torak. They aren't necessary.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
The primary fear is that the admins will abuse poor villens behind closed doors. Then, when they post on the public boards their posts are deleted allowing them no way to "protect" themselves.

You know, I've been waiting for a way to abuse you behind closed doors. Woohoo! Thanks Rob!

#Black smile
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
I got flamed? When did that happen?

I think he means George W Bush. But im sure you already know that :p
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from ToRak:
Quote:
The primary fear is that the admins will abuse poor villens behind closed doors.

Quote from WarHammer:
Quote:
You know, I've been waiting for a way to abuse you behind closed doors. Woohoo! Thanks Rob!

Actually there is some truth to both statements
I took this picture in the admins lounge

Also this is the standard admin kit Rob gives the new admins
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny stuff Ktulu, ROFLMAO

Ktulu wrote:
Quote:
Actually there is some truth to both statements
I took this picture in the admins lounge

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
everything is done in private and no one knows what is going on and for what reason.

This is the problem. People dont need to know everything about everyone. Complaints are between the person complaining and the admins not everyone to interject. Also people dont know everything the police do ... and they are fine with that less stress on everyone and less red tape slowing process down. Bottom line. Don't break any laws and you don't have anything to worry about. Just let us worry about the bad apples and increase the fun level of game play.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be Michael Chiklis like on "The Shield" and take people into the interrogation room and beat them with the phonebook?!? Oh man that's going to be SooOOo CoOOool!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: