FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
n00bage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: n00bage Reply with quote

BRN's post about the good old days reminded me of some of my noob experiences and encounters lol, so this is a thread where you post yours!! Whats' the noobiest thing youve done it tfc?

Me: Thinking that 'Player' was a clan

When I first started out I changed my name right away without noticing the Player in its place, and played for many weeks, possibly months, under the impression that 'Player' was a clan. I thought that the numbers were their ranks, and that 'Player' himself was the leader, I also was baffled by how many times we would enter the same game together, rofl . I knew enough about clans from other games, so I knew about that, but not about 'Player' doh i feel so stupid even now. It took me quite a while before someone told me that it was just the default name .

Another one: Stupid Sniper

I never played sniper when I was a noob because I just found it impossible, I could never kill anyone or barely shoot them. One time I stumbled into a server that was the home of a sniper clan of some sort, and they were having a snipers only thing on 2fort so I played sniper and was being completely pwned, so I asked this one guy "How do you kill them with one shot!!??" and he casually replied that he charged his shot (with a giggle from him and his clanmates) so I asked him waht that was, and he said you have to hoooold the trigger, then let go to shoot!! I had thought that people would just shoot it like a normal gun, but would have expert accuracy to kill in one shot. Oy!!

those are just two of many many noob things I did, so SHARE YOURS
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I knew that Player was the default name but be damned if I knew how to change it so Player it was for a long time. As far as clans go ah excuse me but what were they. Console well where was that and more over what was it.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mongoose there actually is a clan that's called player.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most embarrassing moments was wondering how to build level 2 and 3 sgs. I kept asking everyone: "HOW DO YOU BUILD LVL2 AND LVL3 SGS???!?!!?!" this went on for about a month until i saw the number with the bowling ball in the bottom whenever i pulled my wrench.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same as kazerbazi
Typh00n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: n00bage Reply with quote

Mongoose_Slayer wrote:
Another one: Stupid Sniper

I never played sniper when I was a noob because I just found it impossible, I could never kill anyone or barely shoot them. One time I stumbled into a server that was the home of a sniper clan of some sort, and they were having a snipers only thing on 2fort so I played sniper and was being completely pwned, so I asked this one guy "How do you kill them with one shot!!??" and he casually replied that he charged his shot (with a giggle from him and his clanmates) so I asked him waht that was, and he said you have to hoooold the trigger, then let go to shoot!! I had thought that people would just shoot it like a normal gun, but would have expert accuracy to kill in one shot. Oy!!

those are just two of many many noob things I did, so SHARE YOURS
I did that same thing, the sad part was i used to always paly sniper cuz they always have the best scores.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember an engie banging the crap out of me with his spanner repeatedly... I thought to myself... What the hell?! Get out of my way!!

It wasn't until later I noticed I gained armor when they hit me.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
luda...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i couldnt bhop for quite a long time. at first i thought it was cheating so i didnt wanna ndo it.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
I remember an engie banging the crap out of me with his spanner repeatedly... I thought to myself... What the hell?! Get out of my way!!

It wasn't until later I noticed I gained armor when they hit me.

ROFL I still get people who will chase me and shoot me for repairing their armor with my spanner.Having to ask an engi to wrench me like 5 times is funny too they just don't realize they can fix armor Medics named Player who run around with the single shotty and never heal anyone pwn too

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt prime nades, conc jump, or upgrade SGs for the longest time.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned everything about the different classes by choosing help and class help or whatever and it tells you all those things about the sniper and the engineer. For a while, I was thinking the spies that killed me with one stap were cheating until I read about the spy.

You should check it out if you haven't already, you might learn something.

The most n00bish thing I've ever done was: I didn't know that the medic virus spread and I thought I could stop it with a medkit in the spawn. I got kicked from a bunch of servers until I realised that the virus spread to everyne that spawned.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SWDIntegral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: SPIES Reply with quote

Heh, I think the worst thing I did was accuse everyone who was better than me of cheating, cause I thought I was so l33t and unbeatable =P
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll tell my most embarrassing TFC moment. I've posted this before and yes it is embarrassing but if you can't laugh at yourself then you really have no sense of humor.

When I first started playing I used to play at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and it would be hard to find servers filled with people (I liked playing on full servers so that people did not notice how much I got killed) well after a couple of days I found this server that was always filled with people no matter what time it was the only problem was that everytime someone would kill me (and they killed me alot) on that server they would make fun of me which made me really angry so I would fight back with words of my own... yes, in those days I would cuss in game.

Examples
"Hey Ktulu you left your brains back here"
"Free trip back to your respawn Ktulu"
"I think I'll just sit here and wait for some noob to come by"

Being owned was one thing but getting teased with words made me really angry so I would fight back with words for hours.

Examples
"F*#K you as$h&!3 if this were real life I'd beat you with a bat"
"Kiss my @$$ loser tell me where you live and I'll beat the cr@p out of you"
"You m@7her f*#ker if I ever see you in real life I'll knock your teeth out"

I would get so angry that I would leave, take a break, come back and start fighting again and each time it would end with me cussing them out (this went on for 2 days)

I finally had enough so I wrote down the name of the server and was going to complain to the owner... the name of the server was [FoxBots].
I then discovered that I had been fighting with bots the whole time, not even real people, for 2 days I was cussing out robots and did not even know it.
I was so embarrassed that I changed my screen name and never returned to that server again
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst moment was when I first started playing TFC. I would be a scout, find an enemy med to infect me, then run around the enemy base until I eithere died from the infection or an enemy got me. I thought I could infect all of the enemies
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story about me and medics:
The first few days I played I played only medic, because I thought that they were vastly ovepowered. I thought that if you kill a medic, you automatically become infected, just for killing them. So I would go into the enemy base and casually walk around, then people would kill me and I would be laughing to myself "HAHA I just got another one!! This is easy!!!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: