FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sux0r

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Sux0r Reply with quote

My car battery just caught fire today. I started my car, turned the corner to head to Kohl's, and BUMP! It felt like I hit something, but against all probability I was on a flat, clean stretch of road. The car stops accelerating and the radio CD resets. I cruise about 10 ft. and stop at the stop sign. As soon as I come to a halt a stream of smoke rushes through the vents and radio face. Luckily the car was still operable and I quickly turned around back to my house.

I popped the hood and expected to see my radiator boiling or some less dangerous problem. To my dismay, my battery was litterally burning! It was a decent sized fire too. I rushed inside and grabbed some water to put out the flame. After reducing the fire to a sizzle, I checked out the damages. The paint on the hood of my car was burnt and is now peeling off. Of course, my battery is kaput along with all the ignition wires. Part of my radiator was also burnt, but the rest got out with char marks or minor mars. To prevent any further damage, I got some baking soda to neutralize the battery acid. The fun part is that my insurance doesn't cover any of it. Does anyone have any idea what could've caused it?

All I wanted was a hat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shoulda went with the baking soda to put it out, water + batteray + electrical fire = can be bad, but that sux nonetheless....my car hasnt caught on fire yet, but thats wierd that yours did... :<

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: