FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
To those who believe they've been wrongly accused of cheatin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - gonna see if we can get to the bottom of this one.
To those who believe they've been wrongly accused of cheating - we may as well see what's caused you to be flagged.
So here are a few questions which may help.

1) Do you have anything in your halflife folders that was not there to start with - i.e. the likes of ai bots etc?
2) Do you have any scripts in your configs? (Including rocket jumps) - this is just a thought that the guy who wrote the cheat catching thing may not like scripts (of course if people who have scripts HAVEN'T been caught - post so we know this is the case)
3) What operating system do you use?
4) Have you ever downloaded 3rd party drivers for your video card (what drivers and card if so)?
5) Is your graphics card an ATI card?

{edited to add}
For the record - unbanning you will do nothing because the script will just finger you again. We've got to get to the reasons first
{/edit}

"Is there anything worse, than handing a jar of piss to an attractive woman?....And it's *still* warm!" - Billy Connolly

[ This Message was edited by: Greebo on 2001-12-20 18:03 ]
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scripts??? I use a few as far as Action,Weapon and Communications go.I wonder if people with Zoom Scripts (Fov settings) are the cause of getting some banned???? Are these people who got Banned all the same class? <Snipers>????
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of my keys bound to fov +10, but I have never been banned. And I do have an ati rage 128.

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't say they'd be banned because of scripts - I was going to eliminate that from the possibilities - but it was a possibility

stupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get banned, but I got flagged as suspicious, so I dont know if my infomation will be of much help. Im running Win2k and I have a GF2 ultra vcard. I'm using the drivers which came with the card, the drivers are prolly about 6 months old and I have not updated them as they work fine for me, maybe i should tho. I have some basic comm scripts, a script for reload, and some scripts for medic which i described in the "how to be a better medic" thread. Ive recently completely reformatted my computer and have installed a fresh copy of HL. The only additions ive made to my HL are cfgs and maps.
Its strange because while I was playing I never got banned, and the cheat detect software never made any announcement of locating cheats on my system, I just saw my name on the shit list as suspicious. Anyway, hope this information is helpful.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not meaning that either Greebo What
I was asking was, What classes were these guys at the time of being Banned playing? I really doubt that a script would trigger the program at all?
stupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, forgot to add which classes, I mainly play soldier or medic, so I'm assuming I was playing one or the other when I got flagged.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this as well. A certain player (frag knows) was banned from our server for a wallhack but I'm almost positive they don't have it. I was curious about it and I'd played the person before one on one (they're good but they still only managed 1 kill on me to 7 deaths soldier vs. soldier and soldier is the person's primary class). I hope we can find out what's causing these problems because said suspected cheater is a good friend of mine and I highly doubt they'd cheat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but u have 2 b careful cause a few dicks do cheat, and it spoils the game......

-Omega SiN
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the Flautz wallhack is the only one I've seen questioned here that wasn't explainable so far. The OGC installed may have turned out to be related to downloading a CD Key Generator which I'm sure several people have done.

Bak, is this the same wallhack your mate suposedly had detected ?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: