FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some take TFC to far!!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it all started the other day on the map Avanti when our team was defending the Church. I was a spy as usual doing my part down below Command 3 Poaching the enemy as they came to resupply they're Health, I'd stab them as they left the Balcony..

Those of you that have played with me know that if I see or hear an Engineer on our team announcing that they need their MG upgraded I will go out of my way to do just that, as I did when I heard this certain person yell Spy/Scout needed for an upgrade in the Church. Being that there was only 1 Scout and me being the only Spy I packed up what I was doing and headed to the church. Upon arriving there I saw this HW guy running up to the MG inside and touched it, I was to late..

Right after this the Engineer stated "Moron" (Which at the time I was assuming that this person was calling the HW that). Then as I was getting ready to type, all of a sudden in thru the back door here comes this Spy skipping in with the flag <I swear his wrists were broke>Capping the Point then I see "Fucking Idiot", "It's your fault", and so on .. I stated to him, "Don't bitch at me, bitch at the HW"... I really did not deserve that especially when I could of just stayed where I was to begin with.

This is a Team oriented game guy and if it was not for the other classes such as Spy/Scout you would not have any Teslas now would you? As far as I am concerned you better not even hold your breath waiting on me to assist you anymore.

I know we all get over excited at times over this game But I'll be damned if I am going to be called names by anybody because I did not make it there in time to assist you or the enemy Capped. As far as I am concerned if that HW was not focusing on that MG, that Spy would of never Capped now would he? I left not to long after that because I was really Pissed over this, More surprised than anything? I've played with or against this person on numerous occasions and thought he was more mature than this.. I've Been continplating on how to approach this issue so I figured I'd vent here... Hmm, I don't feel like putting on my fatigues and sharpening my K-Bar as much as I did earlier and go seeking this individual.. Another life saved by The Villes Forums.

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2001-12-17 15:12 ]
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never touch MGs anymore. I know that the Engineer who built it are waiting around for a spy or scout.
And alot of times the spy is preoccupied with something else, so just be patient and they should get there.
I do sometimes start walking towards an MG that isn't upgraded like I'm going to touch it. It's fun to watch the little engineer guard it from me by walking in front of me. I walk around him and get close to it and walk around it inching closer. They get really riled up when you do that, but I never touch it.

Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the engi shoulda done was just det it and make another how much time would that take ummm 2 seconds ? shouldnt take dumb people serious man

Rata-tat-tat on yo hat. Eat it up fast or you will get the bat.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!! I will have to remember that YPAWOM the next time my efforts go unappreciated..
I agree Rat-Atat-Tat and that is my normal reaction to the majority of people who act like this? Most are Newbies still learning the ropes,We've all been one at one time or another.. Like I stated, it was not the verbage that offended me, it was the mere fact of who it was coming from that surprised me????? Live and Learn I guess....

SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Rat, Where did you get that picture of yours.... Did you take it yourself????
Karl Marx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a love/hate relationship with TFC, especially vis-a-vis the stats. It gets me riled up to get owned over & over as I try to kill a top 5 player once... just ONCE for god's sake! I need to just quit looking at this website, relax, and have fun. It certainly doesn't help my stats that I will sacrifice myself to move the flag along if need be. Sigh.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play engi or hw most of the time, and I know that mg upgrades are a gift, I'm happy when any class touches it because our defence is that much stronger. So when I'm a hw I always ask the engi if he wants me to upgrade, most of the time they don't and because of this most of the time the enemy get's by, so if I'm in a situation where I know the upgrade is needed now, i'll do it even with the engi jumping up and down, but when it stops the capper i've never got a thanks but that does not matter because this is Team Fortress
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I had an engineer get all pissy with me the other day wanting his mg upgraded, so I did, well I was a sniper at the moment and basically said I was a dumb ass. Hmmmm nice guy. Like it was said, just blow it up and upgrade it again, thats why I have two keys bound, one for building, one for blowing up. Pretty difficult isnt it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with the others here Species, let it roll off your back. One night I was online here and a real old time regular was on and I got a good knifing on him right on the heels of killing him a little bit earlier. You know how that is, sometimes you stab and stab and other times you get the headstab and whammo they're dead. Well, I got a one hit kill and this guy starts with the BS this and wtf that. As if I was cheating. ME?!?! Look at my stats. I would have to be the least successful cheater ever. LOL Although, I will note with pride that I am in the top ten right now until really good players decide to play this week. I'm even leading in total kills.

But anyway, this guy is usually cool but he was obviously in an angry mood and taking it out on me. It happens. I haven't held it against him and it hasn't happened again, but I've seen the same thing happening to several others. You can't let it bother you unless they really won't let up.

I especially try to keep in mind that some of the folks here are actually quite young. If an old fart like me goes off on ya, well I should really know better.

Anyway, Happy hunting and I'll cya out there sometime.

FingerDemon
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but that kind of behavior is completely uncalled for. Name calling is so immature. The last time I saw an Engy act that way I switched to HW, demo, soldier and pyro and kept upgrading his MG. Eventually I switched to sniper and scout and stood near his MG but didn't upgrade it (except once when several NME were making a push). It was very easy to do since no one else would because of his attitude. Now maybe it wasn't very mature of me but it sure felt good

Bottom line is I've been on teams that held warpath without MGs before and will be again. The MGs are fun but not required. Don't let peoples attitudes change yours. People that grumpy usually take all the fun out of things for themselves, don't let them take your fun too !!! The calmer you are the mader they get sometimes. Lots of fun

Say things like:
"You want me to do something for you ? Is that why you are being so nice to me ? "
"Aren't we just a bundle of joy and good humor today ?"
"Next time call me BEFORE you make the MG, since I may actually be out playing somewhere"
"Don't you think you may be taking this GAME a little too seriously ?"
"I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes sometime, you'll get better !"
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually what I really wanted to do is sneak up behind him, charge my sniper rifle to full, point it at his ass and launch him all the way down into cp5. But that would of resulted in an instant death for me. heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Advice and well taken Thank You!!
AFI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion... the makers of the neo-tf stuff could upgrade the other mg's and make them stronger (or tesla coils weaker). Or maybe I'll just shut up now..

[ This Message was edited by: AFI on 2001-12-20 03:31 ]
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to look at them, get their attention and throw them a pack. They have more use for that anyway, what with all the screaming. And Ktulu, I love when you're an engy, those dispensers in the doorways are the best.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: