FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WTF!!.. i have been banned for something called OGC cheat..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey the ville'ers... what the fizels is up with this anti cheat program.. i was playing for 3 minutes and then it says "banned for using OTC cheat.. wtf is this!!?!? im (WRPG)Cyroburn and this is BS
cstone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the question bares asking: Are you running any TFC cheat software?? If so or if someone installed cheat software on your computer then there's your answer and good ridance. Otherwise I don't know - maybe the cheat detection is raising false flags??

Oh and I think a single post was all that was necessary to bring this to someone's attention - 3 was overkill.

[ This Message was edited by: cstone on 2001-12-17 18:54 ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. sorry about that but nobody was answering my first post and would like to continue playing.. i do NOT have any cheats installed on my computer.. it didnt even say i had a tfc cheat.. it said i had "OTC installed on my cs".. once again.. i do not have counterstrike..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been playing for 2 months.. all of a sudden.. "banned for using a cheat".. ask (nsk)whodaman.. or some of your TVB players.. or anybody who has ever played with me they will all say i do not cheat..
Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard stories of servers altering config files so that anti-cheat software will ban hapless players. I don't know if this is true...or even if its possible. But i'd advise checking your config for anything suspicious anyhow.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it was not an Error message Ogc detected? This is an Aim Bot for TFC/CS .
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought OGC was for CS only?

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version of OGC supposedly works in TFC as well. Secondly if they have a cheat loaded for one of the other Half-Life mods, what does that say about them ? Do we really care ? These are private servers and the Server Admins (not to be confused with the inGame admins) have a right to decide who can play on them and who can't.

Anyone thinking they are a victim of a mistake in the anti-cheat program should see my response to JuLes in the complaint forum. I'm sure the programs were heavily tested and while a mistake is possible, it isn't highly likely in my opinion. You will need to figure out why it singled you out and reslove it because these anti-cheat programs are going to be running on more and more servers as time goes on.
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my roommate is JuLES, hes a good player and all, but there is no way he cheats. I helped him write the .cfg he is using and there is nothing fishy in there. I KNOW he doesnt have any cheats installed, as his computer is in the same room as mine and i have played on it plenty of times. Just reading on some other forums I see other people having the same problem, where they do not have cheats yet are getting flagged for them. I had just thought that they were full of crap until my room mate got flagged.
Maybe there is something that all these people have in common that it flags for. He has not reinstalled Half Life yet, once he does that I will let you guys know if that worked for him. I really like this cheat detection program because ive seen it work, but its a shame it labeled some people a cheater that are clean honest players.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautz' OpenGL-Wallhack

You don't have to have it in any of your HL/TFC CFG's. This one uses Open GL which this is installed in your windows/system *.*

Wheather or not the accused is aware that the machine has a cheat installed or not
in order for a Servers Cheat Software to trigger is if the Client fires off certain CVars that the software is Configured to Scan for. Until Open GL is somewhat corrected
these Hacks are never going away <No I don't Cheat or use any thing like it>

Read the Install Directions

Installation:
-------------
-extract the files
-copy hooker.dll to your windowssystem directory
-copy wallhack.exe and hookhl.dll to any directory you want
-if you want to play with wallhack, start the wallhack.exe , configure it (HL/CS-EXE not DIRECTORY YOU NEWBS!!! *g*) and press "Start HL"!
-You must be using the Default Driver in OpenGL-Mode!

SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now all they need to do is run the names on the Shit list on the Stat page to see how many of these hacks have multiple names and Keys.

[ This Message was edited by: God on 2001-12-18 18:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2001-12-18 18:26 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm maybe a reinstall of Half Life isn't the answer for this type of detected cheat.

this is for juLes.
I've not done any research regarding wall hacks but did know that some video drivers allowed you to see through walls.

Can you see through "some" walls ? I had this "problem" with my previous video card. Maybe upgrading your video drivers or if possible a new card (you really want a geforce anyway right ?) msaybe going to directx as a last resort. Considering you aren't being obnoxious about it I'm willing to spend a "little" time helping you figure it out. I'm begining to believe you for a couple of reasons I won't go into here.

You can email me at cycodad@theville.org with your video card and driver information. We can start there. Good Luck.

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2001-12-18 18:34 ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse me!.. this is not jules... this is (nsk-e)cyroburn and would like to continue playing on the servers.. please unban me.. i play on TV IV now because i have been banned from 1 and 2... once again thanks for all your help.. i do not cheat and have no cheat programs installed on my computer.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3D has a glitch that allows <Water> of any map to be clear as it was way back in the TF early days but I never heard of it causing a player to see thru walls?
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx cyco, i will direct JuLES to your post. He doesnt have the luxury of being online all day at work like I do so he probably didnt see your post yet. BTW he has a fixed refresh rate monitor with some weird ass video card that I have never heard of, but it looks fine on his screen. None of the walls are transparent, it basically looks the same as my GF2 ultra (minus about 30 fps). Maybe you are right about the drivers causing the cheat flag, that sounds reasonable because between our two computers that is about the only difference, and I am able to play without a problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: