FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Labeled a Cheater?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I dont cheat, nor do I hack in any way... I find it alarming that I have been labeled a cheater for some reason, and also banned from a server for some kind of CS hack on a server thats playing TFC.... Who can I email so I can be unbanned from TV2 and also get my stats listed on the site again? Being labeled a cheater is lame, and I don't much appreciate it. I dig the Ville servers, and would like to continue playing there...
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you understand, THERE IS NO WALLHACK. There is no SHORTCUT. There is nothing but 100% pure ownage from me. Whatever I was "caught" with is complete BS because there is *AHEM* absolutely no cheats on my computer.
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I also find very interesting is the fact that I was able to play on all of the other TV servers (before and after this glitch) without being banned. hmmmm...
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if this is in the same catagory, but there is a post from Cyroburn with a similar situation. It seems that maybe Rob has been putting new security on the server that has picked people out.

Hopfully it is by accident and they can get you back to playing. But by leaving this post here, the admins will get to it. If you want you can email Robert nicely explaining the situation to him. Then ask what needs to be done to correct the situation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted here and in the "complaint" forum, as well as emailing John about it. Since Rob is obviously online right now, I was hoping to catch him while he was here...
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamming the forums does not help your case any. It is annoying and an act llamaism. I had not seen the post on the website from Rob that had the cheaters on it. So I cannot defend you any more. My only question would be.... Have you ever experimented with any scripts, bots, or hacks from half-life, or counter strike? Not to say you were using thise cheats here.

If you can still play on others, go ahead while you can. Then take this up (banning form tv2) with the admins off the boards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llamaism??? Rofl. There is no spam here. I use scripts but the are nothing more than communications scripts that I've written myself. None of which take advantage of any map or game exploit in TFC. I've done my share of adminning on League ladders, and had my share of clan experience. You guys didnt just ban some kid that tried some hack from a website, you banned a long time TFC player, and someone who is a big fan of The Ville's Avanti map.

If it seems like I'm impatient, youre right I am. But dont call me a llama because I want to play on The Ville's servers...

Bleh.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, my apology for throwing the llama comment at you, I ment no disrespect. Point is I dont know you from Adam, nor do the admins. Its not like we can tell that you are 8, 10, 15, or 35. I am not an admin so I cannot contribute the information needed to help your case or the admins.

Second, there only needs to be one post on this issue from you, and It would best be suited in the complaint department. If you have posted it there and other places in the forum, I would consider that spam, you may not but I do. More than one is not necessary.

If you are not a cheater the I hope you can resolve your case with Rob or John.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CHEAT THE STATS. Look at main page vs. actual stats page. You aren't the first to do this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bak, his stats are hidden on the actual stats page.. I think you are confusing him for a different Jules (there are two who go by that name here). Its just for some reason Jules's stats arent hidden from the main page.

[ This Message was edited by: cstone on 2001-12-18 17:15 ]
Ktulu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakuryu I don't mean to take this thread in another direction but what do you mean by "Look at main page vs. actual stats page." how can this expose a cheating Llama? call me stupid for asking but I just don't think in Llama terms. Thanks in advance

Silly Cheater... Tricks Are For Dicks!

{added edit}
cstone answered this question while I was posting... thanks
{edit end}

[ This Message was edited by: Ktulu on 2001-12-18 17:16 ]
Kronic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey weeeeeell look who's talking now wasn't it you and no skill that was calling me a cheater? well i dont c my name on that list anywhere. Or is that the other jules....

[ This Message was edited by: Kronic on 2001-12-18 17:26 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you backup your current config file, go back to the default settings and add them one by one till you find what may be causing the problem. If it is bothering you that much. Since more than just theville will probably be running this cheat detection it would be in your best interest to find out what the exact cause is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JuLES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've talked to Rob, and he told me my best bet was a reinstall of HL since I havent in years...

Hopefully that fixes it.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the fix works. Also, don't take offense to anything said here. It is apparent that the viller's dont take kindly to cheating. Any signs of it, and it is a bear to get back in. So if it were to happen again..... I think that is all.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: