FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
!!! O s a k a !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl Marx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the map Osaka. I think the unique buildings and rooftops make for a really fun map for all classes. Imagine MG's & sniper anti-rocket things in the nooks & crannies of those roofs, or, conversely, imagine airstrikes hailing down on them.
I know the Ville just integrated 2fort, so I'm assuming this isn't the time to be pressing for new maps. However, I wanted to strongly emphasize my support for Osaka being the "next-map-in-line" one might say. Though it's a custom map, I'm assuming most who 'kill @ the ville' are ardent TFC fans that can handle acquiring it.
Please pardon my being verbose.

[ This Message was edited by: Karl Marx on 2001-12-22 18:22 ]
cstone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I second that

Only thing is we had Osaka on the rotation (at least for a night or two) a while back, and it didnt seem to popular.

I would also like to see the return of Cornfield, another great attack and defend map (modeled after avanti). But that was also tried a long time ago and also didnt seem to be too popular.

cstone
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, Osaka is on TV4, just not in the map rotation. You guys can vote for it if you like or if there's an overwhelming response to this thread, I might include it in the rotation the next time. Just come prepared though and download the map prior.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osaka looks pretty cool, maybe on some late night we could try it out.
Monk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely support adding Osaka to one of the servers. If you are considering adding to the rotation on TV4, Munk, count my vote.

Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was anyway that the teams could switch roles after 1 team caps all command points, that would be cool. For some reason, the map does not do this by default. Otherwise, it's a very cool map. I have always supported adding this map to one of the servers rotation.

Blown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, I'm all for osaka and cornfield. Used to play it on pete's until they took it down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like Petes and want to play those 2 maps he has asecond server that plays them

the addr is 64.81.165.120
Drop 2fort and add these 2 maps please.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to Pete's. Give Tink a hard time, she's an admin there and I hear she's a push over
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on Pete's ever now and again but the spambowl/avanti server. Usually has real nice pings for me. Some MG's on osaka could be interesting though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, maybe it wasn't an overwhelming response, but I've added Osaka to this week's mapcycle for something new! So TV4 will be running the following:

Avanti
Warpath
Epicenter
Osaka

Download your map at http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?scope=-206&section=206&submit.x=33&submit.y=2&file=59753&download=1

To read the review on the map, go to http://www.planetfortress.com/jmcstfmapzone/tfcviewtf.htm

Frag ya'll tonight!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Karl Marx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I didn't pick up on osaka being added until just now, and now I'm out of town (away from computer) till '02. I hope it will still be in rotation when I come back! (fingers crossed)
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you guys are wondering if there's going to be another release of Osaka to work out that team switch issue after the last cap... the answer is unfortunately no.

I sent Zouave, the map designer of Osaka an email inquiring about it and here's his response...

-------------
Thanks. I really don't plan on re-releasing Osaka. I don't think I could
if I wanted to, lost the wad file I used one computer ago. So we're all
stuck with the map as it is.

- Zouave
http://maps.mrsucko.org
-------------
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, he did a great job with the map and I love it in the rotation munkeyeye! If you find me playing it, when the attackers get all the way, I will restart the map so that we can switch teams, thus giving everyone the opportunity to play it longer.

That is what we did last night. What was it? 3 times in a row! WOOHOO that was fun.

Thanks again for slipping that on into the rotation munkeyeye! Take care fellow TFCers and cya in osaka...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jcom! I'm hurt! You played Osaka and didn't let JD know?

I have a special Christmas present here for ya, just let me get it ready.....(Grenade being primed sound in the back ground)

JD
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: