FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Matrix Movies??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: New Matrix Movies?? Reply with quote

Well for those of you that watched watched the Superbowl, I'm sure you saw the commercial. It looks like there will be 2 new Matrix movies coming out this year. First to be released in the beginning of summer, or winter depending where you live OS, and the second in the beginning of winter. I personally loved the first one and will be waiting in line for the next 2. They've already made both!! I now know why it took so long to come out with a sequel .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they related? is it going to follow where the last one left off??
I guess I could google it up myself...
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

star wars episode II, i had ticket number 7 and my friend that waited kept her #1 ticket( what a nerd) and there was a trailer for the new matrix movies then. let me tell you what, first midnight run of a new star wars movie = nerd city and as soon as that trailer came up oohs and ahhhh came from everywhere, then a few gasps and many a sigh once it said 2003, when at the time it was , well i don't remember when but it was a whiel ago

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a decent site with info about the movies...I know I can't wait to see them both.

http://movies.go.com/movies/M/matrix2the_2001/index.html

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever wrote:
Here is a decent site with info about the movies...I know I can't wait to see them both.

http://movies.go.com/movies/M/matrix2the_2001/index.html

Thx for the link. I am a hardcore fan . I have been following the release of the sequel for some time now. I spent a good amount of time checking out that site. I even saved it in my favorites folder

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Whatever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of service, BRN!

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
[BR]maximus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe first one was a great great movie. From what i recollect from the rtailers during superbowl, it looks as if all of the orinal cast will be in the sequels. w00t...cant wait.

Max
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Matrix Reply with quote

Being the film person i am and can handle all film related questions the matrix previews looked awesome. Yes BRN they will be connected with the second one having a dramatic cliff hanger that leads directly to the third one which comes out in November. The story is behind them comming out in the same year is that Warner Brothers(WB) couldn't put out a third harry potter flick and knew this when they made the first harry potter so they delayed the matrix films a year(plus they weren't entirely ready) and by delaying them a year they can rule November which is a huge money making month for the film industry especially a studio like Warner who has dominated November for awhile. Now the cool thing i think is this and this gets really confusing. THe matrix games will be directly related to the movies and come out at the sametime. You don't play NEO but you play some other character. In the second matrix movie Neo and someone else go into a room that is trashed and say something to the degree of this room is trashed there must have been a huge fight here. Well in the video game you fight in this particular room and trash it up right before NEO and them get there. So what i am saying is that the video game and the movie will be running side by side each other with you playing the game a little ahead of the movie or right behind the movie and with the movie making refrences to the video game. So anyway thats all i know any questions ask away.

Powdermilkman
Film person #Beer
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
star wars episode II, i had ticket number 7 and my friend that waited kept her #1 ticket( what a nerd) and there was a trailer for the new matrix movies then. let me tell you what, first midnight run of a new star wars movie = nerd city and as soon as that trailer came up oohs and ahhhh came from everywhere, then a few gasps and many a sigh once it said 2003, when at the time it was , well i don't remember when but it was a whiel ago

OK, Giz. From what you have said here, I am guessing you were in that midnight showing of the Star Wars movie....

This could explain a lot...

Someone want to be nice and make Giz an emoticon with a pocket protector?

j/k Giz. You're the best.
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh? I thought reloaded would be a sequel and revolutions is a prequel.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Kazebari the third Matrix film is the conclusion not a prequel.

Premise
Matrix Reloaded: Neo, Trinity and Morpheus continue to battle a war against the A.I.s and free more minds from the Matrix. As they are joined by new comrades, there are those who cast doubt that Neo could truly be The One to destroy the machines and free the human race. Meanwhile, a familiar enemy from their past resurfaces as a far more powerful threat, and a new mission looms large for the heroes.

Matrix Revolutions: Neo faces the consequences of a choice made in The Matrix Reloaded

Powdermilkman
Self appointed film guru #Beer
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharkbyte wrote:
Gizanked wrote:

OK, Giz. From what you have said here, I am guessing you were in that midnight showing of the Star Wars movie....

This could explain a lot...

Someone want to be nice and make Giz an emoticon with a pocket protector?

j/k Giz. You're the best.

<---science geek all the way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:

hehe, I went and saw it when it opened at midnight (was desperately hoping it would relive the glory of the first three, but it still fell short) and it was pretty funny how all the people gasp and hooted when yoda did that little "bring it on thing" with his hands

personally i cant wait for the new matrix movies, I knew there would be one, but two!!
three_gunn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...theres an upcoming DVD called 'animatrix'...it has nine short animated films(they call it the "visionary fusion of CG-animation and Japanese anime") i think the street date is june 4th....it will also have the prelude to the matrix reloaded called 'the final flight of the osiris'.

powdermilkman...do you work for WB? if you don't...you should be hehe....if you do...let me know in what field and we'll meet up sometime.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Nope Reply with quote

Nope i don't work for WB not yet atleast. I get all my information from what i hear floating around the internet and contacts i have within WB and various other places in Hollywood. Yeah the animatrix was something i was about to post about to all those who were interested. I think it will be very interesting since they deal more with how the matrix was formed in the first place so that could be some fascinating material there. Plus they have been bragging about this damn project for a long time and one HUGE thing they have been bragging about was the animation(the animation styles come from several directors not just one told in 9 stories) but of course its ultra top secret. Now on the flip side three_gun do you work for WB cause if you do i want you to email me.

The selfappointed Film guru
POWDERMILKMAN #Beer

Oh yeah fine Villuns i got a little present for you....
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/animatrix_trailer_640.html

You will need Quicktime but hey i think its worth it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: