FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back in the day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He-Man:
Snake Mountain with the microphone was the shiz. I had GreySkull too but it was kinda cheez with like 1 trap door.

Gi-Joe rox0rs:
Remember when those one characters came out that would change color in the sun if you left them long enough? The character would walk away from the battlefield to morph on your window sill. . . 10-15 minutes later they were back into the fight! But they were now purple so they ruled the battlefield!

Smurfs:
Rox0r

Voltron:
Rox0r

Thundercats:
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! the female cat gave meh wood.

Muscles?
Remember those little pink guys? I melted so many of those together with matches, I ended up with a large pink ball of goo. They rocked!

Transformers:
Probably my favorite cartoon from my youth. It all went downhill after they introduced the Insectobots and Dynobots. They sucked.

Dire Straights:
Get your money for nothing. . .and your chics for free.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transformers... robots in disguise!

What about Stretch Armstrong. I loved that thing.

I also had the BEST collection of Matchbox Firebirds that money could buy! I had tons of different cars, but my Firebird collection was by far my fave! They owned everything and everyone in my Matchbox town!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, legos when your options were the basic set, or one of the fancy sets that actually made a house! (and yet, I was able to make some pretty killer tanks with those red and blue blocks!)

I don't care what anyone says, I still think Tecmo Super Bowl for NES is the best game of all time. I've still got some VHS tapes of stats I made just to prove my 1337ness! Can you say QB rating of 751?

Mr. Yuck stickers, McGruff houses, and string tied to hold the cupboards shut... old school safety devices

I've always had a soft spot for the old cable TV slider we had... I was lucky enough to be able to get fat because we had a "remote" with a 25 foot cord attached to it. And after a while, the slider would get a little touchy, and you had to push it about 1/2 an extra click so it'd actually change to the channel you wanted... ahh, the memories

JC Penny *AND* Sears lingerie here... no wonder I'm so F'ed up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
punk_fix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Just for the record... Reply with quote

Just for the record, in response to a few posts made here- I'm definitely not complaining about the state of the things today. And I doubt kids have it any easier than I did when I was growing up. In fact, I think it's probably a lot more confusing and frustrating to grow up now. Too many choices, options, information.

I think generally this thread is just a bit of nostalgia from people, like me, who probably are way too young to be nostalgic about anything. I mean, we're in our late 20's/early 30's. We should probably be saving the memories for our nursing home days and enjoying all the great things technology has given us today.

Anyway, why don't they have Saturday morning cartoons anymore? I used to wake up early every Saturday just to watch those things. It at least gave me a reason to not sleep in on the weekends. I guess there is PS2 and X-Box for kids now, but still, you can't beat a good cartoon.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does anyone remember a little show calle dthe Greatest American Hero, or something to that effect. You know, the one with the guy who got a super suit from some aliens, who couldn't fly straight, and who couldn't land to save his life. I used to live for that show, well, that, Bosom Buddies, Simon and Simon, The 6 Million Dollar Man, Wonder Woman (My God she was HOT!!!!), and Magnum P.I. I still watch Ol' Magnum when I get the chance, but when I lived in Hawaii, that show was on like 8 different channels and you could watch it at pretty much any time of the day you wanted.

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greatest American Hero was a r0x0rz show! What about Remington Steel and Mike Hammer? And who could forget Miami Vice? The theme song for it was just Awesome!

What about Zoids? They got all those fancy ones now. What about the original ones? I remember spending my birthday money on them when I was 8 or 9. Jeez that was like 20 years ago and they revived them with new cartoons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No Star Wars toys? I had so many stormtroopers! They were the coolest, even though you could never get them to hold their weapons. They didn't have moveable elbows, like the GI Joes had later.

I even had the Death Star set, along with the Yoda one where guys could fall in quicksand (brown foam).

He-Man was awesome as well, as I had a ton of that stuff. I had Castle Greyskull, along with just about everyone in the show.

M.U.S.C.L.E.s? I think that was the name of them...little guys you could play with. I know I had them.

GI Joe...I had the full aircraft carrier that could hold the F-14 Tomcat plane on it. I had tons of Joes...

I had a VIC-20, Atari, Intellivision, and a Nintendo...a old IBM 286 computer too.

I have to say that the Atari had the best games, and a huge selection. When I was a kid, you could get tons of the games at garage sales for quarters...now people think all of their stuff is so valuable that garage sales are not as good. They do Ebay instead!

Tecmo Super Bowl is a classic...

Excite Bike ruled too, just being able to make a custom course was awesome, not counting the insane jumps at the time.

Voltron was the best cartoon to me, and Saturday Mornings I was up at the crack of dawn for cartoons. I just don't get sponge bob or whatever the name is.

My sister had My Little Pony and She-Ra, not to mention Care Bears. LOL...and Barbie as well.

Cabbage Patch Kids...they were very popular for a while.

I got most of this stuff at garage sales, as my Mom went all the time. You were able to find the best things...

Has anyone ever played The Dark Tower boardgame? Now, that was the best board game...it basically had a computer in the tower and you played against it. I still have it, but the tower has gone kaput...

Contra...best co-op game on the NES! Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A...best cheat code too!

Just some of the stuff I remember back when...awesome post Bush...

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a road trip in time.

I'll date myself even further:

How about Erector Sets?
Remote controls connected by a cable?
Channel 100 (later morphed into HBO or something like that)
My first VCR cost $600+, 2 head hi-fi sound

#Afro
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody mentioned King Quest 1, Wizardry 1, or Ultima 1...

Greatest games ever!

And do not forget I dream of Jeannie or Bionic woman! 2 hotties that we could watch, and that our fathers appreciated watching with us

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!

Last edited by Paddyjack on Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best site ever:

www.yesterdayland.com

i'm not even 20 and i remember 2/3 of the stuff mentioned :p
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmmmmm Dukes of Hazzard and the A-Team. Nuff said
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES... The Greatest American Hero is actually what I was picturing when I posted Shazam... I can hear that ghey theme song in my head now! I never missed that show!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember the show... V ?

I was very upset when they stopped that series.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an excellent series, Silver. I really loved that show.

What about The Muppets Show? I loved it... gotta love the two grumpy guys in the balcony.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the ghey song for you. I know you probably couldn't go another day without hearing it!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: