FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any Mothers 4 MAVAV :P
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osiris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Any Mothers 4 MAVAV :P Reply with quote

Is this some kinda Joke? http://www.mavav.org/

Quote:
Symptom: Child spending numerous amount of time in their bedroom and at home
This is a classic sign of a growing gaming addiction. The child spends the majority of his time at home in his bedroom, only breaking out of his “base” for food and bathroom breaks. This behavior is commonly known as a “gaming binge” which can last from a couple of hours, a whole night, and in some extreme circumstances, a full 24 to 48 hour gaming binge (occurring usually on weekends).

Uh my name is Osiris and Im a gaming addict...
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people need to get a life!!!! Hi, my name is Bright Red Nipples and I'm an addict

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOO!! I have been tainted with my online clan! My heart is failing me now! My skin is rotting and my mind has been poisened because I play violent games! Oh what could drive me to have a past time that is equal to smoking and drinking?!?!

My name is Violent Pacifist, and I'm a video game fanatic.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is hoaxie... *Hi, hoaxie!* I am a gaming addict. But I just don't see what the problem is. I mean, I bathe... I relieve myself in the bathroom as I should.

*The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, hoaxie.*

But, I don't see it as a problem. I see it as a choice. I do not want to recover... not ever. Would you rather I be out drinking and driving? Robbing liquor stores? Hanging out on street corners peddling my wares to passers by? I don't have a problem, dammit, I don't!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats a bathroom???

I wrote them a long and serious email. I doubt it will be posted in their stories pages.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
. I mean, I bathe... I

Doh, I knew i forgot something
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg im in TVB im TAINTED now i suddenly want to go deal drugs pick up prostitutes and kill people. i wonder if they would feal the same way if they actuly played these games so they could see how harmless they are.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I think they do have a bit of a point. It's not that the games in themselves are evil, but that children/young teens are subconciously influenced by them. It's the same effect as kids regularly watching violent or sexual movies. However I think once you're over 14 or so, your social disposition is set and violent games, movies, etc. are not going to change that.

The attitude of llamas on pub servers is the first thing that comes to mind to prove MAVAVAVAVAVAV's point. (oh, was that too many AV's??)
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhammer -TPF- wrote:
To be honest I think they do have a bit of a point. It's not that the games in themselves are evil, but that children/young teens are subconciously influenced by them. It's the same effect as kids regularly watching violent or sexual movies. However I think once you're over 14 or so, your social disposition is set and violent games, movies, etc. are not going to change that.

The attitude of llamas on pub servers is the first thing that comes to mind to prove MAVAVAVAVAVAV's point. (oh, was that too many AV's??)

Another thing though I don't think that these people consider is what else is going on in most of these people's lives.

I did find the thing about grades in school humorus. Poor in everything except for computers. Have they not met a 4.0 student who plays video games? I have, numerous times.

Last edited by Vulcan on Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is a huge gamer... he has a 4.0 as well.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about this group having any influence at all. One cruise around their site and the logical fallacies ooze out of my screen. The people behind it are obviously very emotinal (like good parents), very protective of their children (like good parents), and have obviously had very little first-hand experince with, or solid research into, anything they are condemning (not like good parents).

My son is 2 and I won't be playing TFC or GTAIII with him any time soon. As the parent I have responsibility to filter the the exposure that he has until he has developed the tools to handle it (like alchohol, driving, etc.).

I feel for the parents that are involved, but their logic is flawed. I would ask them to look at themselves before looking outside for causes for the rifts in their families.

I wonder how much the parents could gain if they took the time to play computer games WITH their children?

GG Kid Gohan! 4.0 and a gamer? A dream I have for my own son

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is G.I. Radio Man Jim and Im a gaming addict. I play violen video games so I am going to go on a shooting spree at my high school where I dont get picked on, have lots of friends, and have a 4.0.

Jeeze, some people.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...4.0? If I had a 4.0 on my report card I'd be living on the streets. Is this using some wierd new grading system?
PondScm007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i suck at school

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.0 = All A's
3.0 = All B's
2.0 = All C's
1.0 = All D's
Avaerage your grades to find ur gpa
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: