FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Script help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punk_fix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Script help Reply with quote

I've seen quite a few people on the Ville using this "script" and/or tactic, and I can't seem to track it down on the 'net. It works like this...

I frag someone. Their lifeless body falls to the ground and a grenade pops up right on top of them. I continue pushing forward, not seeing the 'nade, and it kills me.

The grenades don't seem to be primed as they take the usual wait time to explode, so it's not a priming script.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find a script like this?

If I haven't seen so many people using it, I would have just considered it "skill" and figured that it's all timing. But, I've seen it countless times and on a repeated basis.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I one of the people who you see doing this? Because I don't do anything with scripts. I just have a nade primed when I die, that is it. I was already priming it and get killed.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens when you kill someone just as they prime a grenade.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Script help Reply with quote

punk_fix wrote:
Anyone have any ideas where I can find a script like this?
If I haven't seen so many people using it, I would have just considered it "skill" and figured that it's all timing. But, I've seen it countless times and on a repeated basis.

Do we dare tread into this, NO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: why not tread on this? Reply with quote

If it's just priming the grenade, I can see that, I guess. It's just that you see it happen so much and with the same people over and over that it seems unlikely that they could prime it just in time, every single time.

What's wrong with discussing this?

I know plenty of people use conc jump scripts and obviously priming scripts as well.

Personally, I only use binds for things like building mgs in Neo, etc. But, there's plenty of people running scripts on these servers all the time. Is it considered cheating at the Ville?
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much standard procedure to drop a nade when you know death is tapping you on the back (or blowing holes in it).

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always save at least one nade for when you're about to die I call it leaving a present #Beer

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that you'll be able to find a script for that. The computer isn't smart enough to know "Hey, he's going to die, prime nade NOW". If you were a 1337 programmer then you could probably tell it to prime one once you rech a certain health. But that wouldn't work too well, and the commands halflife offers you for scripts probably wouldn't be of any use.

Like everyone else said, most people just prime a nade before they die, hoping that you'll run across it.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
Always save at least one nade for when you're about to die I call it leaving a present #Beer

Would that gift be GAS nade LOL are we ripe today, mahahaha

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know I make it my personal goal to leave a little "Death Nade" every time I die . It usually works too, which is why I sit and wait for them to walk into it before I respawn, so I can laugh and giggle to myself!!!! I don't know how a script s done, I just seem to die lots of times while priming a nade, or I have just enough time to hit the button before I die.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has a conc-script that effectively works on a pub server, I'd like to shake their hand and congradulate them on being the best programmer ever. Not only does it adjust to ping, it reads the mind of the player so it automatically knows what kind of conc he wants to do. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a prime script though.

On topic though, people spam their grenade key before they die. Dying with grenades left is a shame.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Conc scripts do not work like Veil sad. They have to be tweaked for the ping etc etc and in most cases what they are made to do does not work.

As for a G prime I dont know of one or what you are refering too. Just remember when someone dies never nerver walk over them espec if they are a Eng. 90% chance they have left a gift and if a Eng good luck on living.

DK
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get in the habit of pushing the gernade key when your in trouble. Bind it to a key that you can push while continuing to fight.
Also its not so much that they leave it for you as they die. its more like they ran out of health and died just as they were priming and getting ready to give it to you! when they die it just drops. Just like a flag when you die running back.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be a stats penalty for people who die without using every last one of their precious grenades! -500 points per grenade that went unused!

Nah, it's not a script, it's just that we all know how often you get frags with the last second grenade drops... I know that when I'm in the middle of a fight (especially in nice tight hallways) and I'm about to die, I start pounding on my grenade keys, might as well spam with your last gasp of life than to die quietly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priming grenades is quite easy.

Are you having grenades go off in your face all the time? Like a solly is shooting you and he throws a nade into your face?

That's just basic nade priming. Holding down your grenade button until aboot the last beep. As for them coming out when people die, that's just death spam! I do it all the time and it's no script.

I may die but you are coming wif meh!

Just because you see somthing cool, don't go try and script it man. Try and learn it first.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: