FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
christmas fragfest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I entered the fragfest, I was in 29th place, when I left I was in 3481st place. But I don't care, those were the best 4 hours of tfc I have ever had, the beer and the blood flowing freely through the cornfield, gibs sticking to the ceiling (hehe, if u were there u would know wut I mean) in turkey burgers 2002. The fish tank, the glass boxes, the god mode, the no clipping, the truck, the cow...It was great, the maps were excellent and it was fun as hell. I'll try to find some screenshots of the fest

OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was out, it looks like i missed out on alot of fun.....

damnit!!!!!!!

Omega SiN
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, these events are a total blast and many thanks to JD and JCOM (and anyone I don't know about) for setting it up. I endured consternation from my wife while she cleaned up around the house and I... kept playing.
Hey, it's not like I didn't drop a major clean bomb yesterday and today. I just wanted to spend some quality holiday time with my friends... killing them.

I don't know how I like that flagcontrol map, but I love those slidewalks. Fishburgers is just a full-on laugh riot. I love that map. I would love to see it regularly with low grave. Stats be d*mned!! Full frag ahead!!!

And incidentally, I went up in ranking after last night. LOL Maybe it was the caltrop kill I got.

FingerDemon
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My company's Christmas party was last night. Sorry I missed you guys. Lets not have it so long before the next one comes up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, what a fine Fragfest it was! I never did get to play in "ass_mode", but that's alright. And what is up with the Matrix jumping? Trippy.

Anyway, it bears repeating that Fishburgers may be the BEST DAMN MAP IN THE UNIVERSE. Or at least the ultimate dumb fun party map.

KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the wrost custom night I had ever had... I had errors with the maps would not let me play I reinstalled the ones I had trouble with and it was still a mess... I think we should have one for the people that had erros and could not have been able to play much. Then every time I tried to join my maps were all broken! Now I have most of them fixed. But now I will have a borring one! I will just be able to turn on lan and look around not fight not kill not nutting. ohwell I guess me and ROOFCUTTER will have our own with just us in lan.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Killer don't bring everyone down here. There will be next time and its on the server now so some slow late nights we can bring it up.
The games we did play in were great.
Breakout is a fun map and so is Corn Field.
The SG in the Corn was giving me fits for awhile! I always liked Corn Field it is a good soldier jumping map.
Breakouts color was a litte yellow shifted but the Lights with motion sensors were really cool. I had fun tripping them from different angles.
I'm sad to say Killer and I just coulden't get Fishburgers to load until the game was over ! oh well next time.
We diden't hang around for flagcontrol had to go roll around with the young wife. But we will be there next time :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-12-09 15:38 ]
Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed it. Sounded like alot of fun. If I didn't lose my F%$king cable connection I would of been there. Instead I went out and got drunk. Hey, when the going gets tough, the tough go drinking. LOL

thewz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! for once, my isp werent a bunch of bastards, and I had a nice ping of about 80-120 throughout tho whole game. poor roofie and killer, fishburgers was incredible, with it's huge cow, and laser thingy, and glass boxes with the flags inside them and the fish tank, It was pretty cool

RF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky u had good ping that night. i joined for a while and my ping was just horrible. hoped you all had fun.
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you all! It was a GREAT PARTY indeed. I would like to thatnk everyone for coming and bringing their holiday spirit! Killer, RocketFly, Demented, Hamese, and Omega, we sorely missed you there to help us with the crowbarring of the fish, or listening to the lovely tunes from the state of the art stereo, "HIT IT!!"... the wonderful prezzies inside the haystack... that sweet Bessie's climbable tail, *I still would like to know what skyline it is that the poor cow has to stare at for eternity*

Seriously, though when ever I am on and you guys are there, count on a match of fishburgers... I'll be jumping on TV2 momentarily, who knows what I might stir up...

Thanks again for coming out last night! It was a Christmas Party I will never forget... without all of you, it could not have been possible THX!

PS Anyone I didnt give noclip or godmode to, my apologies, its hard bestowing that kind of power all at once...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got booted after cornfield and couldn't get back in! Sounds like I missed some serious fun. Let me nknow if FishBurgers is ever oging to be in rotation again..I sorely want to know what thats all about....

Or someone can just post the screenshots so I can get a look
Maian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, thanks JCOM for switching it to Fishburgers when 2Fort was about to come on. The only reason I play TV2 is to get practice for the ville cup on 2Fort. So I was forced to go to tv5, which I only got to play 2Fort for like 5 minutes before it switched to Avanti. Oh well, I hope you had a good time.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the whole damn night was a blast. I loved FishBurgers, but I must say my favorite map of the night had to have been Cornfield. I think it should be added to the normal rotation of one of The Ville servers. I just love that map. Although it could be that I am an Avanti Junkie, and Cornfield is pretty damn close to Avanti.

All in All, last night was a great time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Ville 2 first went online, it was just Avanti/Cornfield for a while, wasn't it? Of course it was called Avantiville then, so the presence of Cornfield was a bit of a surprise. It didn't last long because turnout wasn't good. The custom maps seem to be getting more interest now that there are more players, so maybe the powers that be will give it a rotation spot someday. It's a fun map.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: