FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do things like this have to happen??? :(

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Why do things like this have to happen??? :( Reply with quote

ok today hasn't been a good day, for me or anybody in my year group of school

we arrived in school today.. and were all called to an assembly.. and head of 6th form was there and our registration teachers were all there.

and we were told some VERY bad news...

that a boy from my year group of school hung himself on saturday night. .

i didnt know the guy to well, but i knew him, as in i knew who he was... and i used to seen him around all the time. but i wasent like a good mate of his or anythin. and i was hit hard by this. so i can only imagine what his good mates were feelin.

alot of ppl were crying, everyone was in shock and down n we all just sat there.. in almost silence.. execpt for the sound of ppl crying, for what must of been a good hour 1/2 to 2 hours. ( which seemed like 10 mins.. just starin into space.. thinkin... )

even some of the teachers who knew him well came into our 6th form common room, cos it had been dedicated as a quiet area for us.. and they were crying too.

it sent chills down my spine as we were told and as the teachers strugled to try and help us, and were offerin the chance to tak with them when we wanted to.

all classes were canceled today. and everyone was and still is devistated.. and like i just couldnt believe this has happened.

i almost brock down.. and c'in loads of ppl cryin around me.. well i had, what felt like a beach ball in my throat.

some of you maybe wonderin y im tellin you all this.. well i just want you to know why i maynot b myself for a while in game.. and i just dont want any of you to take it personaly.......

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this bobins. you will get over it, i also have a couple off good friends who killed themselves or were killed. Just give it some time.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm sorry to hear that bobins. My thoughts are with his family.

Why does stuff like this happen? (I realise that was probably a rhetorical question but given that many people here are of school age it's important to point things out).

Given he was at school I'd say there was a good chance bullying played a big part in this. Whether physical or psychological, bullying does damage and for some can get to the point where they cannot take any more.

So for those who are at school (in fact for all but specifically for the school kids given that bullying is endemic in schools across the world) - THINK about how much suffering you may be causing.
bobins

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that bobins. My thoughts are with his family.

Why does stuff like this happen? (I realise that was probably a rhetorical question but given that many people here are of school age it's important to point things out).

Given he was at school I'd say there was a good chance bullying played a big part in this. Whether physical or psychological, bullying does damage and for some can get to the point where they cannot take any more.

So for those who are at school (in fact for all but specifically for the school kids given that bullying is endemic in schools across the world) - THINK about how much suffering you may be causing.

well said. and i hope if any1 here does bully others.. they will c what it can do to ppl.

the only thin in this case is bullyin wasnt a factor.. he was really popular in the school, thats why everyone was so shocked and distrought. but i dont want to go into what i konw about why n what happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am truely sorry about the loss of a friend at your school its to see those things happen and scary no doubt... And its ok if need anything i am near by to chat or anything if u need me just pm me hun
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had friends that tragically did the same thing. Time will definately heal the wounds. If you need someone to talk with my ears are open for you Bobins.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year there was a kid that killed himself to (a 9th grader). He want to tayorville high and shot himself in the middle of the track. He ment to shot from one side to the other but was so nevous him shot down wards. I kinda new him throw someone eles it was sad, but I did not go to him funeral because that year I already want to 4 other funerals and I have been taking it real hard. Especially the first one. It was my cousin. I was closer to her than anyone eles. She was 28 and she died of a qt sindrom.

Thank for leting me right this

PondScm007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that, its never fun when that happens :<

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In almost all cases of suicide, people regardless of age feel a sense of overwhelming powerlessness to change their circumstances. If someone has suicidal feelings, take an empathetic approach and encourage them to talk about their feelings. For those of us that are left to cope with a suicide, realize your limitations and remember that it may never 'make sense'.
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's never easy to lose someone, i lost a friend 2 years ago, shot in the head from cleaning his gun i'm told. Not a day goes by i don't think about him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GellyRoll wrote:
Last year there was a kid that killed himself to (a 9th grader). He want to tayorville high and shot himself in the middle of the track.

You never told me he did it at the school! Jesus...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do things like this have to happen??? :( Reply with quote

bobins wrote:

some of you maybe wonderin y im tellin you all this.. well i just want you to know why i maynot b myself for a while in game.. and i just dont want any of you to take it personaly.......

Even without that reason it's good to talk about it.
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear this bobin.

For him and you and all those effected.

You will find others at school will want to talk about this. Piont out that can never be a reason for anyone to give up. Things can change in one day.

You go right ahead and keep talking. As you see your friends here will do what we can to help.

Take care.

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
bobins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. i knew i could count on you lot to help me out.

as i've said so many times... and with more and more meanin every time... YOU ALL ... THE VILLE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiseOldJames{ATL} wrote:
it's never easy to lose someone, i lost a friend 2 years ago, shot in the head from cleaning his gun i'm told. Not a day goes by i don't think about him.

Sorry to hear that wise I hate it when thing like that happen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: