FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TeamFortress 2 is Getting released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the fact that we are talking about this is great!

I think the characters look good.

<--- Put my old tfc avatar back up!

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf

Last edited by SilverOne on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'll play it.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a damn shame if bhopping and conc jumping were removed. Like Mike said, it adds tons of depth to the game, which is why people have consistently played it for 6-7 years. If those aspects are removed you're going to lose the majority of the established community that keeps the game alive and instead attract a bunch of bored CSers. And you can forget leagues... without bhoping or conc jumping no one would ever cap unless the defense is a bunch of complete newbies.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
LJ wrote:
Oh I like the look of those models. Looks like it could be fun.

But, I'm concerned about some things in tfc ...

Bunny Hopping - BAD idea... just don't allow it. It's truly lame that someone can GAIN speed by this trick.

Conc jumping - just don't make it so easy. Make it so people actually have to drop the conc on the ground.

Grenade Jumping - limit weapon jumping to demoman and soldier imo.

Scripting - Go over all the commands and seriously considering not allowing them as part of a script or macro. Things like shoot or nade toss shouldn't be scriptable. Those kind of things should be something that a player should have to learn rather than just let a script do it for them.

I loved tfc back in the day but I started hating it after things like the above just became far too common. It destroyed the fun.

All of those are skills that add depth to the game, just because you don't want to learn them or you cant do them doesn't mean they're bad. for what you said about concing, its already harder to hit a hh then a drop conc in tfc. You have to be kidding about nerfing the rocket jump. as for scripting, i agree, that's a problem, but don't make it seem like its only in tfc. its in every game. it will also never go away (or every hard to get rid of) because of seperately run macro programs. These are all core parts of TF gameplay, just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they should be removed.

And mujo, the old TF2 was basically BF2 so they couldn't really use it.

yeah, i think you're right. If i remember the old screenies correctly

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
i think junkyard asked what was the chance of seeing this here at the ville...well we will more than likely test it and see how it feels and how it plays and what bugs it has...and if a admin mod can be applied to it...once we figure that out then i would say a very high chance.

i kinda like the look...i always thought of tfc as the silly version to unreal or something like that...so this would seem to fit

pmm

Well looks like I am buying it then. I only played the origanl tfc briefly when it first came out. I like how the cartoonish characters might give it that feel that it is for fun gaming not for uber competition.

THe hAXis of evil
LJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the community that's left in tfc now loves bunny hopping. That's because bunny hopping drove a ton of people away so the only ones left are people that like it. And I know I'm not alone. I ran a tfc server 5 years ago. I saw first hand how bunnyhopping ruined pub servers.

Unfortunately, because the community that's left enjoys bunny hopping I figure valve will leave it in to appease them.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
Sure, the community that's left in tfc now loves bunny hopping. That's because bunny hopping drove a ton of people away so the only ones left are people that like it. And I know I'm not alone. I ran a tfc server 5 years ago. I saw first hand how bunnyhopping ruined pub servers.

Yeah it has its place, but not on public servers. I want to play the game the regular way, not using any special tricks to move around.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhopping didnt drive ppl away, thats just silly to state that. Its just old and ppl gradually left and now you end up with a bunch of newbs with some league players mixed in. Oh and about 90% empty bot filled servers arent helping.

I reserve my feelings for the new TF2 till I play it but I'm with mike and chen, I hope they keep the bhop and concing the came or similar. bhop had a cap unless you played on an uncapped server. Most that bish about bhopping are the ones that just cant aquire that skill cause they lack the techniq or the time required to learn it.

One thing though, I always hated a pub server being infiltrated by a few 1337 clanners. End result usually was an emptied server cause of all the frustrated "play for fun" type players. At least with a new mod the playing field will be a little more level for a little while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I learned to bhop, I loved it when players that could bhop would join the pub server I was on because I was fascinated by their movement and skill. I guess that's the difference between me and some players, I see a good technique and I try to learn to do it to get better at the game while others label it as lame and want nothing to do with it.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Return of Avantiville?
LJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown wrote:
bhopping didnt drive ppl away, thats just silly to state that.

Have to keep repeating myself I was admin on a tfc server 5 years ago. I saw the effect of bunnyhopping on pub servers. "Play for fun" type people just leave due to frustration.

It is possible that abilities are too powerful for games. I would just sooner have fun fair fights. I don't want to walk over the enemy. Games shouldn't create too much of a gap between casual and hardcore players.

But, as someone said maybe bunny hopping is needed in leagues. Let leagues have it then. Just leave it off by default so pub servers don't have to deal with it.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

each server has its own reasons why people just left TFC...at the ville bhopping didn't really drive people away it was merely the fact that TFC got old and stale and people turned to new games whether those games were DOD, the mmorpg of the month, or console games...and slowly but surely the tfc server became empty.

PMM
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics are cool.

Makes me want to play Zelda: Windwaker.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there will be video of it this week so hopefully it will show a lot of gameplay. This subject has the ville just swarming I love it

THe hAXis of evil
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i don't think the love for tfc ever left the ville...we just had to stop playing because it got stale and eventually people stopped playing it...i have always kept a tfc server at the ville because it is history and the reason why the ville gained the popularity it has today....im hoping tfc2 or ff will revive the genre at the ville.

pmm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: