FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pivate Night

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Pivate Night Reply with quote

I was thinking lately about how muh I used to like The 'Ville private server and stuff like mulching. I assume you guys had a good reason for taking off a private server full-time, but how about like one night a week you put a password on one of the servers that doesn't get as much traffic and have a regulars-only thing? At least I think it's a good idea
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked how you spelled the word *private* pivate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil-Yugi wrote:
I liked how you spelled the word *private* pivate

tee hee hee
*OFF TOPIC*
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The private server was removed because of problems with the host. It would be nice to have another one but time will tell. I do like the idea of a one night only with the less used server idea.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pivate Night Reply with quote

GoldenSpy wrote:
I was thinking lately about how muh I used to like The 'Ville private server and stuff like mulching. I assume you guys had a good reason for taking off a private server full-time, but how about like one night a week you put a password on one of the servers that doesn't get as much traffic and have a regulars-only thing? At least I think it's a good idea

thats a good idea, maybe we could have custom maps run too, like a night of all gotham!!
Ktulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you really have a private server with custom maps on it right now 24/7
The Ville IV Munkeys new server will give you one of the best pings any of the ville servers have, it runs nothing but custom maps and it's empty all the time
Cause really only us villens know the server is there... so it's kinda private. We don't need another server.... we need to use the ones we have and we have alot now (thank you to all who are providing)

It's up to us to bring that server back to the playing capacity it was before it went down over 6 months ago.... that server used to be full almost 24/7.
Everybody is jumping on III now cause that server is popular but it gets full quick and then peeps go to other non-ville servers, one by one we can make a difference if we go to that server, even if your the only one there try to stay for 10-15 minutes cause people will probably start to show up.
And some of the best friends I've made here at The Ville started with just me and that person alone on a server, you end up talking to that person... thus you begin to learn more about that person and what seems to be always true is..... we are all more alike than we are different.

I'm not saying a private server is a bad idea... I loved the private server, I just think we need to take advantage of what we have right now... we have six ville servers right now Really!
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was a way to put a message on the console that would tell people to go to one of the other servers if the one they were trying to connect to was full. I don't mean switching them automatically (although, if this were possible, I'd say give it a try), I mean just telling people that the other servers are up as they try to log on. You might also be able to warn them that if they did try IV they should DL the maps first or something. Just a thought.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is possible to redirect players to another server if one is full. And the idea of putting a message on the servers to make peeps aware of the other ville servers is a great idea
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: