FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making my Config Stay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Making my Config Stay Reply with quote

Ok, I looked around in the archives, but all I found was a headache.

I keep trying to put a line in my config which will save my admin pword for my clan server. It usually stays for a time or maybe 2, but it always eventually disappears.
the line I put into my config looks like this
setinfo "_pw-pass" "mypassword"

I have done this same thing for the supporters stuff on the ville servers, but this one always disappears, while those ones stay. I could use some help as it gets annoying having to redo my config everytime I go t my clan's server.

I can send someone my config for them to look at if they need it, but I thought it'd be too lengthy to put on here.

please help!!!!!!!!
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem sort of.

I just put the line in my autoexec.cfg and made it read only. Works everytime now.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAFT wrote:
I had the same problem sort of.

I just put the line in my autoexec.cfg and made it read only. Works everytime now.

That's what I was trying to say in game Az. I know I said it wrong but this is what I was getting at.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we sees now
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other problem you might be having is that your password for your clan server is getting overridden by the supporters password. You might want to make two config files, one for theville and one for your clan server. I don't know if there is a way to get both into one config file.
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so now it's just weird. I put the setinfo line in my autoexec, and made it read only. Now I get this info srting exceeds length blah blah blah. But I can still get in. weird. I can even remove it from the autoexec, and I still get in. I checked my config, and the line's not even there anymore. the pw-home setinfo line for the Ville is still there, but not the one for my clan server, but I still get in. Is there some kind of hide-a-password thingy that's makin it invisible?Like I said, weird. Does anyone else notice that weird is spelled weird? I mean i before e except after c and all that.........

Heh, I took my own thread off topic...........
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: