FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Saying bye bye to My DSL Provider...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Saying bye bye to My DSL Provider... Reply with quote

Yes the bastages at Direct TV DSL are going out of the Broadband business and now I have to find another provider.

Anyone have any suggestions as to who I should do business with?

The local boyz here want me to pay for the equipment and install(duh, I can plug in a dsl modem and configure it myself) which comes out to about $200.00. BAH to that crap...

I know that there are plenty of DSL providers who offer the equipment and install for free(with hitches of course, like one year contract). I was hoping that all of my pals at The Ville would have some good advice. SO please give me the untainted and truthful versions about broadband DSL providers in the US of A. Hell, I wouldn't mind doing biz with a Canadian company if they could give me service here in Hunstville, Alabama.

BTW, down with the Canucks! The Oilers should have won last night... Nice goal by Marchant, Smyth and Smith for whatever that was worth. Defenitely good goal keeping by both goalies! ( I was one for years as a teen so I have an idea what its like to have a puck flying at you just below the speed of sound! LOL) ANyway, excellent matchup last night between Canucks and Oilers! enjoyed the game!

Last edited by JohnCarterofMars on Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suxxor to hear that jcom... i was using directvinternet too. i'm sure you prob know this, but try dslreports.com. they have some pretty good reviews and price comparisons amongst the diff providers and locations. gl!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Saying bye bye to My DSL Provider... Reply with quote

JohnCarterofMars wrote:

BTW, down with the Canucks! The Oilers should have won last night... Nice goal by Marchant, Smyth and Smith for whatever that was worth. Defenitely good goal keeping by both goalies! ( I was one for years as a teen so I have an idea what its like to have a puck flying at you just below the speed of sound! LOL) ANyway, excellent matchup last night between Canucks and Oilers! enjoyed the game!

Are you saying the Oilers should have beaten the hardest working/best team in the NHL?

I think not.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Saying bye bye to My DSL Provider... Reply with quote

SHAFT wrote:
JohnCarterofMars wrote:

Are you saying the Oilers should have beaten the hardest working/best team in the NHL?

I think not.

Thankyou Mr. Shaft. I was just about to say be still my heart. And for JCOM to say down with the canucks well kind sir let me tell you something. The only thing that will hold the canucks down will be the weight of the STANLEY CUP bearing down upon their shoulders as they do the victory skate. MAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any wagers on how long it takes JD to find this thread?

edit to add:

Sorry for taking your thread so far off topic JCOM but you talked smack about the Canucks a thats what you get.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCOM

You get one guess to figure out who lost his job...

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redwings > canucks

simple as that.
kthx bye
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<====still hopes the kings will do something great in his lifetime.

Kind of back to the thread: I was just wondering what the big difference between the different types of connections is. Which is better, cable or DSL, and wtf is a T1 line??? I know I keep hearing about people wishing they had one, but why is it so much better?I do understand about the whole pipeline thing, and that the bigger the pipe, the faster you can get more water, blah blah, but I don't know which one is the bigger pipe (aside from T1, which I'm gonna assume is a pretty good one). Hmmm, now that I've thought about it, maybe I'll just look it up for myself.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah...everyone knows the Penguins Rewl! #Beer #Beer #Beer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know that if you live in Canada Bell will give you the modem, softwear and troubleshooting in just one package... You have to pay for the network card and install it yourself though. No contract or nuthin, then again the changes of you living in canada are slim .

[RS]Potato-VS-
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Dolphins

**Back on Topic** Sorry about the connection problems JCOM.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I need some backup from JD! JD??

*looking around frantically for someone else who cares about the Oilers rather than all these other second rate teams*

GO GO OILERS OILERS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

Man Frag I thought as much... now you can really move to vegas and get a job singing show tunes and yanking slotmachine arms! WOOHOO! Seriously, I hope you can find something better ffraggus maximus... Good Luck!

I am currently reviewing the DSL reports site(thanks for the reminder munkeyeye) and hopefully I will find something acceptable that is not Comcast Cable. Peace!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
Bah...everyone knows the Penguins Rewl! #Beer #Beer #Beer

that is correct sahhhh, HIOOOOOOO!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kind of back to the thread: I was just wondering what the big difference between the different types of connections is. Which is better, cable or DSL, and wtf is a T1 line??? I know I keep hearing about people wishing they had one, but why is it so much better?I do understand about the whole pipeline thing, and that the bigger the pipe, the faster you can get more water, blah blah, but I don't know which one is the bigger pipe (aside from T1, which I'm gonna assume is a pretty good one). Hmmm, now that I've thought about it, maybe I'll just look it up for myself.

Did you look this up?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't let anyone fool you, bigger IS better! (My dual-OC3 pipe > all!)

And JCOM, don't go Adelphia, they're who I'm using now. Bad bad bad....

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: