FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WARNING: ISP RANT HERE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: WARNING: ISP RANT HERE Reply with quote

I've just gone through the fun of being converted from AT&T to Comcast as part of their buyout.

I say fun in a retorical sense. Their tech support is nearly worthless,
I've had to guess my way through getting my cable-modem re-registered
(the instructions they gave me were flawed in a paticular way, and I
KNEW they were flawed, but like a dumb@$$ I followed them to the letter
instead of going with my instinct, and thus wasted hours of aggravation),
and getting my email and webspace back up is turning out to be a similar
pain due to the crappy layout of their site. (comcast.com takes you to a
completely different place than comcast.net, which is okay, execpt that
both sets of pages claim to be able to do everything, but they aren't.
Only comcast.net actually WORKS.)

Oh, and did I mention that one of their supposed 'supervisors' said
things to me that would have got me fired if I had said them to a
customer at my job? I wasted two hours, in total, on the phone with
their support reps, when all I needed was 5 minutes worth of
instruction on what information the modem re-registration page wants
(and as I said, the instructions were incorrect, at that!)

This is to you, Comcast: #Fist #Fist #Fist #Fist #Fist #Fist #alien #alien
#alien #alien #alien #alien #alien

Okay, my rant is over. Resume your normal business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--- comcast subscriber.... and it took them 3 re-shedulings to install the crap, 2 weeks later than they originally said they would

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<===========uses RoadRunner, no complaints.
Darkath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<======== Believes you should have stuck with AT&T, which is what he has #Shocked

^^^ Clicky
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Comcast for 2 1/2 years and my service has only gone out once. My speeds are above average as well. I guess it just depends on where you live.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<---------- has RCN, it goes out all the time, speeds are all over the place, but at 3am when i get insane speeds its so wonderful :>

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScm007 wrote:
<---------- has RCN, it goes out all the time, speeds are all over the place, but at 3am when i get insane speeds its so wonderful :>

<----- RCN here too. Has never gone out but it slows down in the evening until after 11. But w00t for Munkey, gotta luv my 14 ping on TV4.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<====I have charter, damn those bums:fist: #Fist #Fist
I hate charter, my supposed cable usually goes at like -90345 k/ps (thats right, negative!) Ok, maybe it doesnt go negative, but it still goes much slower than it should!!
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose_Slayer wrote:
<====I have charter, damn those bums:fist: #Fist #Fist
I hate charter, my supposed cable usually goes at like -90345 k/ps (thats right, negative!) Ok, maybe it doesnt go negative, but it still goes much slower than it should!!

Yup, Charter sux arse. @home gave me 1.5 up and down speeds at 29 bucks a month. I lost 2 months of service of which they said they would credit me when it came back online. Well it came back online about the same time Charter took over, and Charter only gave me one month back and wanted me to prove to them the second month. Then they cut my speed to 768d and 128 up then increase my rates to 36 a month. YAY. On top of that since I dont have video service with them (It looks like total crap at my place and they cant fix it.) They charge me an extra 10 bucks for no video service. The day I have an option to get some different service via DSL or a different cable provider they are history. #Fist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Charter... It's usually runs at about half of what the subscription says it should (128 as opposed to 256k), and it has frequent lag spikes, and it costs 75 bucks a month for their digital cable/internet combo, and one of the main digital cable extras doesn't work (the movies ondemand, which are usually a pretty good price to see them, at least until it stopped working). And of COURSE it doesn't work becuse the cable line from the little box out in the woods behind my house gets TOO HOT? #Fist And OF COURSE THEIR F* #Fist *KING LINE IS THE PROBLEM BUT I HAVE TO PAY
S*#Fist*TLOADS OF MONEY TO HAVE IT FIXED IF I WANT TO WATCH MOVIES

Thanks for listening tho, it helps.
thewz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word. Videotron.

For those of you that don't know, Videotron is the technological monopoly of Quebec. They control the Digital TV, Cable TV, High-speed internet and dial-up.

For the past few months the employees of videotron have been on strike. During the first month or so the service got pretty bad, disgruntled employees were cutting cables all over montreal, many people lost their television and internet connections. I lost my cable television for a little more than a week, while I was getting a 1k-2k ping for 2 weeks on my cable modem.

It was reported on the news that many of the striking employees bagged their urine and threw it on members of management and other "scabs" as they went in to work. Pigs.

Fortunately the service has gotten better, I'm now getting good pings and I can watch tv. Too bad the employees are still on strike...
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!!!! Bags of piss?!?!?!?! Man, there are so many better uses for that. I had charter when I lived on base and it basically blew huge goat bollz!! My old room mate got cable internet (Which you had to get digital cable for (no separate service), but it took them a month to install it, then it went out for two weeks cause they said he owed them for a month of service. After he paid them for the month he didn't have service, it went out because they said he owed again (same amount as the last time) after he proved that he already had paid for a month of non-service, it took them 2 weeks to come out and reinstall the internet and cable. #Fist #Fist to charter.
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast Comcast!!!!! I hate comcast soooooo much!! The 3 months i lived in comcast territory i have had the worst connection in the world & when i try & get a tech out they cancell him before he comes out cause they chech my connection & see if it up, well stupid service center doesnt write down that i have a intermediate connection & gets me cancelled. & 3 months later i still have bad internet & they swear its not them its me, well this last thing they did was the last thing in my house that they could change to see if it gets better if it dont its them & im going to go crazy on the next tech & probley get arrested FCK COMCAST THEY CAN KISS MY A** #Fist #alien
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Ahem*
<------ Has Optimum Online!
tee hee hee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRkAtH -VS- wrote:
<======== Believes you should have stuck with AT&T, which is what he has #Shocked

Uhhhhhhhhhm, you'll note in the news in the financial section,
or on the websites of the two companies, Comcast bought AT&T out.
They're moving everyone over slowly. You didn't know?

#Shocked <==== me also
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: