FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FragFailure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: FragFailure Reply with quote

Frag how could u leave TVB . And then go to NJK
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'll do a good job for us. Let the pwnage begin

Last edited by `RaphX on Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the TVB forums BK.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK,<TVB>Disturbed, <TVB>Chan's Younger Brother, um what is your new name by god get a clue.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat's out of the bag. I joined [njk] a few weeks ago. A few days ago I decided to turn control of <TVB> over to the council. I am no longer a <TVB> member. I think my goofy idea back on Sept 12, 2001 seemed to stick better than anyone thought. I think that <TVB> is in good shape and I will still be there if they need me. I'm not going to let something I created just fall like that. I hope it continues on.

Time does change people sometimes. I have changed as it's obvious. I like the league style of play and I am competing with [njk]. I still will serve as an admin here until I get tired of it or the other admins get tired of me. I will still be playing here as I usually do (provided the map isn't a clusterfek.)

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts

Last edited by FragFailure on Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
Time does change people sometimes.

Very true. It usually happens without people even noticing,
at least until one day you look at at yourself, and go,
"Hey, where'd I come from?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FragFailure Reply with quote

Black Knight wrote:
Frag how could u leave TVB . And then go to NJK

If I'm not mistaken, if you are in TVB you can not be in any league clan, even though TVB do not compete.

So basically, if Frag wants to compete in leagues (which btw he has the skills to do so), I guess he had to leave TVB

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FragFailure Reply with quote

[quote="Paddyjack-VS"]
Black Knight wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, if you are in TVB you can not be in any league clan, even though TVB do not compete.

So basically, if Frag wants to compete in leagues (which btw he has the skills to do so), I guess he had to leave TVB

That is incorrect. TVB members can compete but not under TVB name. They may join another clan that competes. However on Ville servers they are TVB.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: FragFailure Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:

That is incorrect. TVB members can compete but not under TVB name. They may join another clan that competes. However on Ville servers they are TVB.

We have about half a dozen players doing this already, so don't be surprised if you bump into a TVB member playing elsewhere with a different name/tag.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVB isn't really a clan, so why don't you just state yourselves as a guild. Guild members are free to do what they want. They may join other guilds and play for another clan. So for example, FragFailure would be [njk]FragFailure<TVB>. You might even want to change the tag to something like .TVB, `TVB, |TVB| or something like that. The <> don't really seem to work for a guild. This way, no one has to leave to play.

In my case, I play for a 9v9 clan, LLD. I'm also trying out for a STA Gold guild, kP. Just for fun, lets say I get into an imaginery medic guild, MR. My rather long name would be [LLD]RogueCheddar.kP`MR, even though I would shorten it down to RogueC. I'm in no way violating any rules by being in other groups. It just shows whom I'm affiliated with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: FragFailure Reply with quote

Ah ok, i thought there was an exclusivity rule for TVB. I stand corrected

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FragFailure Reply with quote

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:

We have about half a dozen players doing this already, so don't be surprised if you bump into a TVB member playing elsewhere with a different name/tag.

Ah this is new to me as well. So you are not really <TVB> unless you want to be at a particular time. You can be with the brotherhood or without it at your choosing. You can use whatever name you want whenever you want. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Makes sense to me. Just one question, Why bother wearing the <TVB> tag at all then. I know that I would certainly question your loyality. The <TVB> is a brotherhood and it is one that you should be expected to represent in good faith at all times on all servers and not just use the tag as a matter of convienence for yourself at your beckon call IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue ruler wrote
Quote:
Ah this is new to me as well. So you are not really <TVB> unless you want to be at a particular time. You can be with the brotherhood or without it at your choosing. You can use whatever name you want whenever you want. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. Makes sense to me. Just one question, Why bother wearing the <TVB> tag at all then. I know that I would certainly question your loyality. The <TVB> is a brotherhood and it is one that you should be expected to represent in good faith at all times on all servers and not just use the tag as a matter of convienence for yourself at your beckon call IMHO.

whatever... <TVB> and league are both fun so why should it matter i play as tvb here and with njk in matches you can question my loyalty all you want but unless im forced to leave im gonna be in tvb forever. i like to be in a group with tons of my friends no one forces ne1 else to compete if they dont want to if some one feals that tvb isnt right for them any more its not gonna change my opinion of them the only way you can do that is through your actions. basicly its just a name and just a game so why mess with what others want to do.

continuing on that note i hold true to that in how i play too. if people on the other team dont chase and potshot me i wont do it back. generaly i wiat for about ten minutes of people doing it to me before i start to do the same. if the other teams snipers arnt shooting me i wont shoot them unless im a sniper. but if they keep killing me ill hunt them down. if im the only O sometimes i will go d if the whole other team is on d and thier O still insists on killing me. basicly i try to do whats best for the team as a whole and i try not to mess with what the other guys are doing. i play league rules to make the league guys happy and i continue to do so untill after some one has repeatedly broken those rules against me. i know its not written in the villes rules and that the ville is not a league server but why take away from others fun if they arnt doing it to me cuase honestly its more fun to have your teams d withstand a swarm of O or to finnaly break the opposing teams d than to deathmatch every1 you see.
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refer to what I said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everything have to come down to rules again. Poo on that.

Whatever happened with TVB is TVB's business and I'm sure they'll do a fine job with it. Many many good people in that group.

Glad to hear you're all still truckin.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: