FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Respawn Camping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw shades of red and my stomach sank when I was asked if I wanted to be kicked again for respawn camping. The player who asked was being polite enough however I take the issue seriously. Moments ago on server 2 while playing Warpath I laid a series of pipe bombs outside of the opposition's command point 2 or our objective, "command point 4". Two ran out and I blew them to the moon. Is it respawn camping? The easy answer would seem to be yes however is this different than a sniper cutting you down when the door opens or pipe bombs being place in front of the gate in Avanti? Opinions and the official word would be appreciated.

Meat
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that the respawn areas are enclosed and everyone has a chance to orient themselves and prepare for the door opening.
At that point all bets are off and your on your own. If you run blindly out into pipes then boommm you lose.
Thats my 2 cents.
Roof
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty Roof
DreadVile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree..

Respawn camping is killing ppl that are appearing and have no change to defend them selves. Running out of respawn to your death is another matter.

OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly!!!!!

Omega SiN
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would you call sneakin up behind them and stabbin them in the back with a knife, a spy strategy or cowardly, i think its alittle of each
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DreadVile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibby..No

Spys get killed ALOT for every spy that kills me I have killed 20 times more. They are also a part of the game that is needed when it comes to breaking a strong defence.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IMHO......

It is respawn camping if your sitting at one of the gates in warpath waiting for an opponent to come out. That is not allowed.

Of course there is the other side of the fence, and thats when someone hides in the respawn point (often seen at the 2 respawns at CP3) and kills people then ducks back inside to avoid retaliation. This type of behavior is also unacceptable.

So my opion is as follows: Dont camp a respawn point that a team is currently respawning in, this will earn you a quick trip off the server. Likewise dont hide in the respawn like a coward, this will also earn you a quick trip off the server.

Anyone have any problems with that?

JD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i love being a spy, the knife is my favorite weapon, i don't know why, because i hated when i would get knifed from behind, but it's just part of the game so i go with it, i have dabled in just about every class and the only ones i like are soldier, engi, pyro, hwguy,and just recently added is spy andi'm happy to say that spy is at the top of my list,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about warpath also. I've noticed when engys get trapped at cp3 they build sentries inside their spawn and don't leave. Also, about the pipebomb thing. Look at it this way, if they open the door they're dead because of the splash damage, so they're trapped. It's the same thing as building a sentry or a multigun right outside their door.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: