FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Breakout!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd advertise breakout on the new forums again - the map cstone and I did.
It's available for downloads from:
http://cstone02.virtualave.net/breakout

Remember folks
we screwed the first version2 of this map up
A Newer version 2 is available

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version last week Greebo, have we thought about another play test yet?
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we now know that Saturdays are best for both cstone and me - and preferrably a bit earlier than before (for poor me)

So I guess it's down to robert

LilBigCip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for another playtest. I love that map greebs and stone. You guys did a good job on it.

Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo, I haven't gotten to playtest your map yet! Just kind of wandered around it without any enemies. I have some thoughts on it, but I want to play it before making any accusations or compliments. Post the playtest time. I'll definately give it a go (if you'll have me of course, lol)
Death

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great Map Greebo and Cstone. I will be there name the time and place........lol

Death
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Twisted,

Feel free to post any premptive complaints/compliments on the map if you have already done a LAN test.

Just remember.. if you don't like something it's b/c this is our first map. And if you really do like something.. it's b/c Greebo and I are extremely talanted and gifted in the fine art of map making
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
yep that's us - gifted in the art of map making.

But feel free to post constructive critcism here - I do mean *constructive* critcism - not slagging it off

[cy2k]The_j0k3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I too have only been able to play under a Lan game with myself. I would love to see this map on a server with some ppl on it. Possibly even throw it into a regular rotation? Put up the information on the mainboard so I'll be sure not to miss the maptest. I'll skip my evening Composition class and come home if I have to.
SuperZero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd love to see this appear on a server once in a while (even if it isn't the ville, just icq the info and I'll be there). I missed the first playtest and I'm still ticked at myself for that...I've wandered around the map and the possibilities are already springing to mind. I'm anxious to see if some of the stuff I'm thinking of will work, or it it'll just be a new and interesting way to get the crap kicked outta me. Either way, should be a lotta fun

From the looks of things, you've done a great job. Can't offer any real input cause I've never seen it in action tho.

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded and roamed around for a good hour yesterday. Tried Rocket jumping all over. The ceiling seems higher then most buildings but was unable to get on roofs (just tried a couple). I think thats good, prevents folks from just flying over the obstacles. Also scoped out SG perches, I like the computer cabinets just inside 4. There is a lot a ground/paths to cover in this one! Excellent job and would look forward to playing it. Maybe I can get some buddies at work to get a LAN game up at work during lunch.

Magoo
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I want to say both of you ARE extremely talented, the map is amazing. I just noticed a lot of 'different' things about the map. Its hard to tell whether they're good things or bad things without an actualy playtest.

It does seem a bit sniper-friendly thought, a lot of open ground and good holes to shoot from. In a couple spots you put holes in the wall just the right size for a sniperrifle. This is great for picking off enemies, but makes snipers almost invincible. You know the biggest problem on TV now is lame snipers who are afriad to die because of stats...

I really like the multiple detpack spots. I don't think enough people really try demo because its not an easy class, i think your map will promote it. Also the tunnels the dets open are really well placed. The one opening up into the sniper room is ingenius. I can already see 4 or 5 snipers crowded around that window when a demo pops up from behind and starts tossing mirvs...

One more thing. In Avanti the attackers are forced to travel a certain path. For instance, you can get to CP 3 withou passing CP2. On your map, it seems more open. Attackers can get to any of the CPs without passing the others. This could lead to a whole lot of 1v1 and mulch-like battles on the field (good thing!!) or a lot of camping snipers (bad thing!!). I dunno for sure, but as a spy I like the option to have multiple escpaes available.

I lied, one more thing. The map doesn't seem to be too rocket-jump friendly (hard to say for sure without a playtest...dont mean to ruffle any feathers if i'm wrong!) A good rj would get you into the first defender bunker, and might be helpful in gettin CP1. I think there is only one roof that can be walked on? In Avanti all the CPs except the church are vonerable to rj attacks. Maybe this is good, like I said I don't know.

So anyway, post the next playtest here, I want to test my thoughts in combat. See if you really ARE a genius, hehe....
drakison

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wandered around the map for about a half hour and I will say this....snipers may dominate that map. Other than that...the map is great. Very complex and many alternate routes to cover....I like that. Not just one way in to every place. Good job guys...I look forward to playing the map with yall soon.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with drak snipes definitely have an advantage, but the demoman becomes a very important class on this map. I love it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok people, both cstone and I realize this map is sniper friendly - this has been said too many times to be ignored.
So what we need now are suggestions to lessen this factor - preferrably viable ones that don't mean restructuring the ENTIRE map

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: