FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oh, Great...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Oh, Great... Reply with quote

Point Rankings are back. *sob*

Now I won't have any fun anymore capturing the flag, because I'll be too afraid to die >_< And I'll be shamed because I'm on the last page of the rankings *sob, sniff*

1 |-|473 j00, |2a|\|k1|\|gs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say "team stacking boys and girls?". Already appears to be an even bigger problem.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Can you say "team stacking boys and girls?". Already appears to be an even bigger problem.

Wasn't it already a problem before? I seem to recall a thread about that last month or so...

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i auto assign and usually switch to the team with lesser players... if a teamw ants me jsut ask, i dont' think i'm all that much of a rpized comodity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are embarrased, you don't need to be ranked.
Quote:
5. My rank is embarrassing. How can I opt out?

Say /hideranking while playing on a participating game server. This will toggle you between being visible on the Player Rankings and being invisible.

Note You will still be tracked and you can still view your Player Details page. Use the Search page to find yourself.

From the FAQ.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm sorry if this is becoming a problem again (it did leave for awhile... gj villens) Now that the site is launched I'll be spending more time on the game servers, I'll deal with the problem if/when I see it..... can you say admin_slayteam

If gameplay goes down again Rob will just remove the ranking system which I'd hate to see because they are fun. The key word is fun anybody who thinks the rankings actually reflect your skill level need to get a grip. Anybody can be a statwhore.... I was
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry what page you are on, cap the flag. That is what it is about anyway. The stats are for fun and whoever judges themselves by the rankings, needs to have better self esteem. We aren't playing for money you know. I will always be on the last 2 pages, but I have fun getting there.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
i auto assign and usually switch to the team with lesser players... if a teamw ants me jsut ask, i dont' think i'm all that much of a rpized comodity

You cap a zillion times a day and have a Pixies quote in your sig. Those are valuable qualities in my book.

Stats shouldn't affect team stacking TOO much, d'ya think? It's more about individual performance than anything. I would think it would discourage team stacking, in fact. If you want to get a lot of points from caps, you don't want to be on a team full of cappers. If you are playing for frags, you don't want teammates who get 100 kills a game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: