FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bannings..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Bannings.. Reply with quote

I hardly think Disgruntled Goat should be a part of it, maybe guilt by association, but that's it, and if so I should be banned as well. That's one I definetaly don't agree with, as for the others, I only read some of there posts so I can't make a judgement call on that one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Snag seemed pretty nice lately...but maybe I've just seen him on the wrong days?
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, from the posts i've seen of his, he hasn't shown any signs of "hating" the ville. So that one seems a little odd as well. But Goat should defineatly not be banned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my guess is that there was more to the story then we could have seen, whether it was in game, forums or even in PM land. Personally I have never had one single problem with any of the people who were banned, however I was curious as to how far some were going to be allowed to push the envelope and quite frankly amazed at how long they lasted. To me that shows a bit of patience on the Admins part and as was stated you can only give so many chances.

Its too bad to see them go that way, but Im sure you (the banee's) will be much happier wherever it is you decide to play, as it seemed as tho that wasnt the case for you here.

I say we try to put this all past us and move forward productivley (sp?).
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would put this past me, but Goat hasn't done anything worthy of a ban, except that we are all in the same clan maybe? Goat doesn't post much here, except in that US-V thread I heard. But other than that we just play on TV occasionaly and we mind our business, so I don't see any call for a banning, maybe a warning but that's it. As i've said, I can't speak for the others, because I don't know the whole story on there part, but with Goat im almost positive he doesn't deserve the ban.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand it all, half of them i ahven't seen do anything bad recently, the others may cause trouble but words are words nonetheless and its not leikt hey hacked/cheated. i'll assuem that those decisions were thought about fro a longer period of time than i originally conjured up in my head at the time i first read this post... e.g. liek 3 days, sicne some of those posts. i dont' knwo how long the bans are for, but they were all grat to play against and I, i dont' know if anyone else does, but i hope i'll see thme here again some day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read rule # 1 in the MOTD

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rule #1 has been bent many a time i'm sure. and streched to include many other things also. i dont' want to say too much else but whats done is done i spose. , but leik i said i jsut hope they canc oem back sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my view(not knowing the whole story), I haven't had any problems with these people, those that I've played with/against. Of course, I must admit I haven't been able to play everyday like I'd like to, but on the rare occasion that I played with them, they acted no worse than the rest of those playing.

However, I don't know the whole story, if any of it. As Rob said, it was a debated topic. If the admins have done something that they as a whole, through consensus, think is the right choice, then they have their reasons. This is the decision of the admins, and we have to respect that.

It is coming down to where The 'Ville that many of us know and love is going to have to be re-evaluated. It is going to be that we have to take a step back and see what is going on from a spectator mode. We can not let internal strife destroy one of few respectable servers I have found on the whole list of game searches for TFC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is actually a lot going on that many don't know about. I know of some of it, but certainly not all. The admins did what they feel is right. There are a few simple rules that we must follow, not only in game but in the forums as well. Not following these rules has consequences.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
`RaphX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a decisive approach, and definitely a positive one, clearly taking on a "better safe than sorry" approach. That gets my praise.
Kilaak Stooge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I have no idea what I was banned for. Nothing I've done here has been of such a magnitude as to warrant my complete and total banning. Re-Read my post in that US-V thread...you'll see that I didn't use any negative language, nor did I attack anyone personally. I merely stated that I had been treated rudely because of what tag I was wearing...not my actions or anything I had done to them...and asked that it would not happen again. If that is worth banning me...then so be it. All I ask is that someone please send me an email or talk to me in IRC and let me know what I did. Thanks - Snaggle

(and yes...I'm using a proxy browser)
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out why I am banned Considering I hadnt played on Ville in about 5 months, then came back to find that my Wonid was banned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be someone came in using a Haxed WON ID and got banned from here, its happend in the past. I would PM an admin to see if they know why
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:

It is coming down to where The 'Ville that many of us know and love is going to have to be re-evaluated. It is going to be that we have to take a step back and see what is going on from a spectator mode.

that is something that should have happened a long long time ago. not here to bad mouth, but i think theville is past the point of no return. i remember when it started going down hill too, but that is just my opinion that i will keep to myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: