FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
shotty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: shotty Reply with quote

well this is me worst weapon. . i know and is so usefull. i just cant aim with it at all.

im currently tryin ta learn how ta aim n use shotty properly.

it may seem weird ta ask for tips on how ta fire a shotty. lol

but do any of you have any tips and/or sugestions on how i can go about learnin shotty. and stuff i should know.

TIA
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't miss? and don't stop moving, if i see you in game i'll be your target, aight? mebe if its jsut a few peeps in game

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a better ping

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeilSide wrote:
Get a better ping

come on... tips that help me with what i got. #Fist

Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaddup Veil I kick your arse around just fine with my 56k modem.

Anyway, bobins, when you have the supershotgun in your hands remember to try to get your target inside your crosshairs and FIRE IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU HAVE THAT TARGET. I know it sounds elementary, but I've specced a lot of new guys to the game who just fire in a person's general direction wildly and never land a shot.

Oh, and for long distance shots? Don't waste your time with your super shotty, whip out the single shotgun for those shots. They don't spread out as much and more pellets will hit.

I know I'm weird, but i try to shoot a guy medium range with the supershotgun. That way there's less chance of your target suddenly zooming out of your vision, therefore less chance that you'll lose sight of him, therefore giving you more chances to nail him.

And like gizanked said, NEVER STOP MOVING...
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Winged Angel wrote:

Anyway, bobins, when you have the supershotgun in your hands remember to try to get your target inside your crosshairs and FIRE IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU HAVE THAT TARGET. I know it sounds elementary, but I've specced a lot of new guys to the game who just fire in a person's general direction wildly and never land a shot.

Oh, and for long distance shots? Don't waste your time with your super shotty, whip out the single shotgun for those shots. They don't spread out as much and more pellets will hit.

I know I'm weird, but i try to shoot a guy medium range with the supershotgun. That way there's less chance of your target suddenly zooming out of your vision, therefore less chance that you'll lose sight of him, therefore giving you more chances to nail him.

And like gizanked said, NEVER STOP MOVING...
that is also a great tip for me as well and i thx one winged angel for this great tip!! you have pointed out alot of great pointers in the soldier shot gun tips section!! keep practicing and having fun with soldier it is a great skill to have bobins!! your doing great also on the rjumping also!! U roxors as a soldier bobins!! let me know what is next in your skill adventures i'll be glad to help out if i can hehe!!!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Winged Angel wrote:

Really?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, play a lot? Turning off weapon models helps me somewhat: r_drawviewmodel 0 Mainly it's just using it as much as possible. And getting a better ping.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run up and stick it next to enemy's head or chest or back while they are typing...usually works...
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobins...having learned to use it myself on a terrible connection, my tip is learn to judge where people are when you fire, and when they're actually hit. That made things so much easier to play. You just have to know your connection well enough to know when things are coming your way. Other than that, I'd recommend using the medkit and nailgun to get the hang of your lag. Then move on to the other weapons in a medic's arsenal (i.e. the two shotguns). Oh yeah, always aim for the chest area, if nothing else, you'll get a hit on an arm if you're at least close. And don't be afraid to do like Quasi said....get right in there and blast away at them, but not while they're typing...that's just mean.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try pushing your left mousse button. maybe that will work!!

lol
Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.OGC-h4xx0rAimB0t.org
bobins

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
try pushing your left mousse button. maybe that will work!!

lol

o shucks thas what i been doin wrong all this time

why thanks cobra. ill keep that one in mind.

#Rofl

and thanks ppl for all the tips n stuff so far and any others will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to teach myself solly lately (not working too well), and I'm finding that I'm killing more people with the shotgun then the rl. Strange, eh?

I just figure out where I think they're going to run, put my crosshairs there and wait for someone to run in front of them. I'd check out some different crosshairs as well, some work better for the shotty then others. Also, changing weapons throws off enemes a lot. Going back and forth from shotty to rockets can be really effective, especially if the enemy refuses to get in close. Keep in mind, your going to score less damage with the shotty the further away you are, but your odds of hitting something goes up too. Balance your aim with your manuverability and you'll do just fine!

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
SoDum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fire randomly... It's better than if you hit with every shot once every other second instead of miss with everyone... Also if you have troubles with over aiming lower your mouse sense. 15 is probably good in most cases, i use 17 but i conc and fight with nades to push people out of the way, not shotguns...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: