FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help me mommy I suck at TFC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This struck me last night when I was down to 850 skill after like 1 hour of playing. Then I got all depressed. Soooo help me play better! I've read all the stuff in here but nothing works I always seem to die first....
DreadVile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first played this game I went thru each class to see what I liked. Then I keep playing nothing but that, till I felt I could hold my own. Then if I wanted I tried another class. Right now I can play Demo, Sold, Medic and Eng pretty good. If you are having trouble fragging. Think of how you like to fight..sneaky...stand in the open firing? Every class has its way. So take the rest of the week and learn a class. Worked when I started playing. I hope it helps you and GL

=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i'm still doin bad, but todays been one of my best, i have come to find that i can be a very sneaky little freak sometimes, i havent had this much kills without the help of an sg in a while, and that was a hwguy these were all spy,but a.... damnit i forgot the point of this post
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread is 100% right. Pick a class your comfortable with and play. Cap flags, take out SG's, Blow open door and tunnels whatever your class is good at. Play without worrying about your deaths or skill levels. If your smart don't even look at your skill now. As you play keep an Eye on whats happening around you, enemies and friendlys alike. Notice where the choke points are and the safe areas. how did that guy kill that one how did they do this or that. Before you know it you will notice a shift in your kill/death ratio.
Nothing happens over night so don't get disappointed. When the time comes the stats will come to you and then get ready for fun, pain,remorse,anger,pleasure...well this is for a different thread.
Good Luck
Roof

Edit to add: Just noticed your from Earth, Me too. Just the best planet in this system for water sports. Don't let JCOM know though he thinks the canels on Mars are the best!

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-11-06 22:22 ]
Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahha I got over 900 skill on TV1 tonight as a pyro in the sniper tower ^_^

Then i died and it went back to 844 v_v

Ohhh well.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that the skill system reflects whether you're good or not. It only rewards you for not dying. I consider myself a decent player and I have have to be conscious of not dying in order to stay over a 1000 skill. Otherwise I'm too much of a "keep fighting until I die" player to have a decent /skill.
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to jump around the classes and get kills with the sucky weapons for more skill points. Like sometimes I will go medic and get a medikit kill and my skill rating will go up more than if I killed with the rocket.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: