FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Complaint or observation?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Complaint or observation? Reply with quote

After some reflexion I decided to post the following message in this section, because IMO it is more an observation than a complaint.

Last night on TV2, the admins decided to have some fun and play with noclip and godmode and such. While I found it funny in the first minute, it quickly wore out since us regs and noobs do not have access to these commands. The TFC game for us then disapeared.

And I think that is the problem. Since there is only TV2 running these days, it is hard to get on the server to play TFC. Thus this kind of fun should be made on your private server rather than the public one. There was a player called Matt who was quite pissed about this, especially since his sg was destroyed all the time by players in noclip

So it is not really a complaint as such, I don't mind a bit of fun. But since that entertainment is restricted to admins and maybe TVB, that fun is not for everybody on the server and is even frustrating for others.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG the hax

You might be right actually. I think there were doing it to lighten the mood and got taken the wrong way.

They still ch33t though don't they

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix damnit Matrix!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone is enjoying playing the game, then finds someone killing thanks to noclip, it may get a bit annoying. Of course, if it's for a joke and it's taken the right way, then fair enough. However, if people are still trying to play the game seriously, then they should be left to it.
What is fun, however, is trying to build a big people tower
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaphX wrote:
When someone is enjoying playing the game, then finds someone killing thanks to noclip, it may get a bit annoying. Of course, if it's for a joke and it's taken the right way, then fair enough. However, if people are still trying to play the game seriously, then they should be left to it.
What is fun, however, is trying to build a big people tower

lol, do you have a pict of that? In CSI we used to build that kind if tower during every pregames

In fact, the only problem I had with this is that TV2 is the only Ville server available right now, so it may be not the right time to do things like that

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cheat PJ
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahak wrote:
you cheat PJ

Why do you think my GF left me...?

J/K... Everybody knows she left me for that huge SOB without any qualities.... #Fist

Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I was one of the "fair" noclippers!!!!!!!!!! I never hurt anyone (except KopiKat) all I did was scare people and tease sgs ^_^
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what time was it? i really forget and ahve lost all concept of it since i got to colllege, i wake up at the alarm and sleepw hen i'm tired... or was tired 4 hours ago. anyways.... if it late i don't knwo if it woudl matter so much. it jsut makes it more fun, kill the no clippers and make them lose it all there is to it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened from around 11:45 to 12:45...it actually wasn't only limited to admins. I was even the first to ask for it I was also the first to ask for godmode. All I did was run around with my cbar, occasionally wacking someone once or twice then running away to circle around the sg's. I found it very amusing

Oh well, not everyone can have fun at the ville's random parties!

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was largely the one that was doing the noclippings and stuff. Sorry if I ruined anyones game that was trying to play . I was just giving everyone who asked noclipping and sometimes godmode so half the people had it hehe .

sig by JTHM

note to self:
admin_chat lets you talk discretely to other admins.
admin_say lets everyone know you are a moron.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Mike it got started a lot earlier when Ktulu and Rob were there. It was a blast, it was funny seeing Chocobo teasing the SGs and being Sniper bait.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it was an admin wide fever:) , I was passsing out noclip and slapping willing victims also. The god mode is to keep the noclip on or you have to redo it after every death.
If there is a admin plug in for noclip for all that would be nice, It is really hard to keep up with everyone and keep the noclip going and make sure everyone gets some.

I think it does not happen often enough for us to have to ban any of the admin. ...ahhh at least I hope....

For those that were upset I'm sorry and we will try to keep it down....
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i enjoy a little fun with those admin things now and then and i enjoy a little slap for fun and things.. but the most that i like is the admin_disco and glow modes thats the best part to me .. glow strobe or police and the christmas colors are nice ones to have!! man looking back at my admin days (Vegastfc).. and having a vote_gravity 1 or 0 was another part of the fun in the admin mod!! i don't play much when those things are going on here at the ville .. but looking back to my admins days hehe it was lots of fun (vegastfc)

but anyways i hope you all have a wonderful weekend and will frag and have some fun with sometime soon today
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:

I think it does not happen often enough for us to have to ban any of the admin. ...ahhh at least I hope....

Lol! Yeah, lets ban all the admins!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: