FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
me speech

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: me speech Reply with quote

aight, i gotta give an "opinion speech" tomorrow in my public peaking class... only leik 6/7 minutes tops any ideas? and i don't knwo hwo well tfc woudl go off for the teacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh

why dahak owns you.

how about like.. abortion..

??????????
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the value of gaming... be it console or online...

There are so many opinions that say it is bad for kids etc... you could bring up counterpoints as to why gaming is good.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with the world today, that could be an endless paper

But the gaming thing that hoax said is also a very good idea. So many people say that all games do are ruin kids minds. They never see the benefits of games. Thinking skills (especially for those puzzle games), fast reactions required, finger eye coordination ...bah, there are a whole lot of reasons games are great.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about violent games don't cause violent tendencies in children, it's a lack of good parenting?

**edit**

Jeez 3 people said the same thing, you might have something there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushido wrote:
How about violent games don't cause violent tendencies in children, it's a lack of good parenting?

**edit**

Jeez 3 people said the same thing, you might have something there.
good point here bushido..

hoaxie wrote:
How about the value of gaming... be it console or online...

There are so many opinions that say it is bad for kids etc... you could bring up counterpoints as to why gaming is good.
yes what are the value points to gaming in console and how would parents react to such a game because of it tendencies in violents or what not? just curious as to how it turns out for u!! good luck on your speech thing tomorrow and hope you figure something out soon??

maybe you could do something on what u did for summer vacation or something just another idea? i am not very good at these subjects and i hope u get something good figured out.. embarassing how much i didnt do in school or get a d- minus in my school work on reports .. but ayways best of luck in finding something soon hun!!
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why Potatos Are Ultimatly Better Than Yams."

You can never go wrong with this topic.

[RS]Potato-VS-
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why gaming keeps a lot of kids of the street, away from watching to much televison, of the telephone etc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh so i'm no the only one who's getting screwed by speech class . I have a speech for tomorrow too, I'm just gonna ad-lib something about the morality on a US war against Iraq and some other bs like that . Go ad-libbing!
bobins

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why you leavin it so late to think up a topic to do a speach on

or was it thrown appon you today or somthin. lol

i say the gamin one would be good. you could think that up in no time surly.. just ask your parents about the drawbacks.. you should know all the benifits.. lmao

o n i had a presentation last week also. damn anoyin thins. i dont get nearvose standin up front of the class n talkin no more though.. i remember about 4 years ago i had to do a 15 min speach about this book.. or somthin stupid like that... my leggs were shakin so much that i had to keep movin around to stop it bein so noticable. i could feel my voice gettin a lil shaky n all... damn i hate bein shy... im glad i not like that no more though. i just think of it now as sayin somthin to a few ppl instead of just one. and you happen to be stood in front of them all.. .lol.

i still not dat confident htough... which isnt a good thin... especially when it comes to da girls.. lol... i get so shy... stupid really... i only confident around them after a few #Beer ... n then they dont want to know cos you had a few #Beer ... *shrugs* lmao unless they had a few #Beer aswell... lmao
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got it last wednesay.. the last day i had class. its a piddly little public speaking class. its college and all but tis onyl a 2 year school, so this si my one gen ed for the semester. kidna crappy. and doingt hings last minute isn't a problem. i graudated 8th in my class with a 96.5 cumulative average and how much work did i do at home or before the night before it was due? maybe about 5 things a eyar... tops. i ahh,s till dont' ahve anything written, i dont' ahve to though. its onyl like 5 mintes+ and jesus it took me longer to show how to make an origami crane. i'll jsut do it tomorrow morning i guess. the clas sins't till 1 so i'll have some time, anyoen that feels the need to be friendly and post links or something, lol go ahead otherwise its all bs and some facts i pull out tomorrow. i'll tell yah how it went tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thxs for keeping us updated and hope u have lots of luck for tomorow!!
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how playing online games can lead to new friends
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got some notecards and a lot of bs planned, but the "war" with ira seems liek i can stretch for a bit, and have questions asked about ti all too. so 6 minutes.. pfft. i'll prolly post again in like 5 hours whewn i get back from class
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: