FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Understanding women..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Understanding women.. Reply with quote

Men often laugh that they don't understand women. Women revel in the fact that men don't understand them. Men don't understand women because they assume from the outset that women are generally good and honourable, and that women have good intentions ("hearts of gold"). They believe this because women, starting with their mothers, have told them so.

The sad truth is that women make a whole lot more sense once you assume that women are deceitful, manipulative, and scheming. I do not means that ALL women are deceitful and scheming, or that women are deceitful and scheming all of the time. What I'm saying is at those times when men just shake their heads in bewilderment and don't understand how they were just outmaneuvered by a woman, the problem is that they are assuming that they were just outplayed by a woman who was better at the game than they were. While this may be true in a few cases, in most cases what these men don't get is that women invented the game. They invented the rules, and so see nothing wrong with disregarding their own rules whenever it gives them an advantage. As I said, when you find yourself confused by what a woman is doing, stop and mentally erase the assumption that she is kind-hearted and honorable, and suddenly her behavior becomes sensible and even predictable.

For example, when a woman wins an argument by breaking down and crying, a man assumes that this is because her feelings have been hurt and he has been too hard on her. He can't understand why he keeps losing arguments to her when he tries so hard to be gentle. While it may be wise to continue being gentle to save face and to help the relationship along, it makes more sense in terms of understanding to assume that she is crying not because her feelings are unduly hurt, but because she has learned that crying wins arguments with men. So, rather than trying to restrain herself and argue based on logic or explanation, she simply lets her feelings go and starts crying—and wins every time. So, this confusing "crying" thing is only secondarily an emotional reaction to relationship stress. Primarily it is a tactic. Men who see crying as an expression of pain are confused by this: how can she be so delicate in some situations and so tough in others? Men who see crying as a tactic may react in the same protective way as a tactic of their own, but they see crying for what it is: a way to win. She isn't "so delicate" in "some situations". She's tough all the time. She's just using tears as a way to get one over on him, and she enjoys doing it and continues doing it because it works well.

Men live with the illusion that their wives love them and that their wives would never do anything to intentionally hurt them. The truth is much more disappointing. In fact, your wife does love you, but she is also convinced that you are so tough and are born with so many free advantages as a man that she can do and say pretty-much anything she wants to you without feeling guilty. So, when your wife is consistently hurting your feelings, and you suspect that she's being mean but don't want to think it, it is your initial impression that is absolutely correct: she is being mean to you precisely because she thinks you're so insensitive and imperturbable that it doesn't matter. Even if she sees that it hurts you sometimes she may decide that as a man your life is so great anyway that what's a little bit of pain?

This is also why women are horrified on those odd occasions when men drop the tough façade and break down. Women absolutely don't want to see men in pain, and absolutely don't want to hear about how much they hurt their men's feelings. Men (and women) believe that this is because women care so much about men that they can't stand to see men suffer. The truth is that such openness and obvious pain shatter women's illusion that men are invulnerable to emotional attack, and the illusion therefore that emotional attacks on men are fair game because there are really no consequences. In short, a weeping man is telling his woman that she has to treat him as well as she treats her girlfriends, which runs contrary to everything that women "know" about men and is the last thing she wants. She wants him to continue the pretense that he doesn't feel the pain she dishes out so that she can continue to be nice to her girlfriends but then take the pent-up frustration home with her and dump it on him. She wants a punching bag, a dummy in more ways than one, and she wants to maintain the fiction that that dummy is her husband.

Of course, one could claim that this is negated by the recent (last 40 years') rage of men "expressing their feelings." However, if you take a close look you will see that women want men to express only certain, acceptable feelings in certain, acceptable ways. The unacceptable way that never comes up is expressing the pain men feel when women treat them like crap. Men are so good at hiding that expression of feelings that they often even deceive themselves, interpreting their pain as confusion, shaking their heads over how they don't understand women.

Guys, you don't understand your wife because you think she's trying to be nice to you and treat you fairly. If you find that your marriage makes your head hurt, the reason is probably that you're trying desperately to reconcile the treatment you receive from her with your fervently-held belief that she is the "fairer sex," kind and gentle and always looking out for your best interests. If you instead interpret her behaviour as if she were a man, if you take away your "sugar and spice" view of her, then the confusion goes away. Now her treating you badly isn't puzzling at all.

She's just being a jerk.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--- Thinks you have been hanging out with ROOF too much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-- thinks Osiris Mel Gibson
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<----- thinks men will NEVER understand women

(just keep nodding and saying *yes, dear* and everything will be fine)

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/\
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
<------ Thinks | is right!

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:
<----- thinks men will NEVER understand women

Ktulu-TPF- wrote:

Yes, dear.

I like the way the server does it....

Quote:
If you say so.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinks osiris needs to get some male friends

thinks i will never understand women

thinks hoaxie is very right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being married as long as I have, I read this and am more confused then the entire 8 years of my marraige. Everything I read seems to be false, at least in my relationship. I guess I'm just the lucky one!!

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women never can put into words what they want. Men will never understand women because the woman cannot simply illustrate what they want on anything. They enjoy confusion and ambiguity to mess with their man's head. Most women I know are more concerned about wrapping a guy around her finger than being 50-50. Forget that. Yes, dear...we'll work on it.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bushido wrote<--- Thinks you have been hanging out with ROOF too much.

ha, I have no problems with my women or understanding her.

You used the wrong guy for an example Bushido.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Quote:
Bushido wrote<--- Thinks you have been hanging out with ROOF too much.

ha, I have no problems with my women or understanding her.

You used the wrong guy for an example Bushido.

<--- Always gets Roof and the Badas confused. Who keeps posting the sorta sexist jokes?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoaxie wrote:

You forgot the part about handing over the paycheck also
KopiKat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*OMG* I cant believe I just said what I did....... Wow.... Owell, that folks is about as depressed as you will ever see me. Anyhow, move along, nothing to see here

-KK

Last edited by KopiKat on Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
I just have probs with women period.... Never had a g/f.... I think i have only had a girl like me once..... Im real nice to them.... They just usually seem to be asses to me..... owell im only 16 anyhow....Maby its cuz I am just ugly.....

-KK
pardon me but i think you make a great friend to somebody soon kopikat!! just have to find the write one on things you both like togather... and as for hoaxie she has the right veiw on the woman side!!! and shaft has a good point on the money veiw!!

but in realaity it takes 2 to be responiable for his and her relationship if anybody has looked at that? i never knew the marriage side yet but will learn it some day!! great post osiris and thanks for sharing your point of veiw here with me osiris and everybody else
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have heart KK, that's a temporary thing. When I was sixteen all the girls were dating guys 18 to 21. Your almost there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: