FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why is TFC so popular????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{Focus}LUNT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:53 am    Post subject: Why is TFC so popular???? Reply with quote

The game play is not great, the graphics are horrible, the sounds are even worse....get into reality and play UT2003 or 1942 or Ghost Recon or Pac-man or Space invaders or ping pong on intellevision........
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graphics are old, sounds are old.. but guess what

the gameplay owns you. if you think otherwise, fine with me, go play CS or whatever you want.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the amount of time of played I would have to say it's the group of people that I've had the pleasure of fraggin with. I never would have imagined when I bouth this game that I would be playing this game as long as I have. I have met lot's of great people here and a few I actually consider to be my friends. That is the main reason I continue to play!!

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Darkath

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunt, im not sure if you've noticed, but this isn't exactly the best place to be saying bad things about TFC. If you want to play ur crappy UT2003 (which ive seen, and looks like it has the same level of excitement as a rubber glove) then go do so, but don't come in here, and bash on the game we all love. #Fist #Fist #Fist

^^^ Clicky
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no need to be hatin on the guy, Its his opinion that tfc sucks, and like assholes, everyone gots 1...I kno not everyone will like tfc thats a given, and you kno what id rather have him not playin then playin and causing trouble, Just my opinion and like assholes everyone gots 1
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight 2 has much better graphics and sound. Let's face it with the gib hack you can even lop off heads with your lightsaber, that's the ultimate in kewl.

I gotta agree with BRN it's the people. If Rob decided TheVille was going to be JK2, UT2003, or 1942 I'd go play those because of the people.

Let's not flame the guy for his opinion. Everyone's opinion should be respected. Jolly and Computer have stated their opinions and gotten flamed for it many times. That doesn't make their opinions invalid it just means people didn't react well to what was said. That being said if he wants to play UT2003 or 1942 respect that.

Tyrant's right too. It's the addictiveness, it's like the glass pipe...only TFC doesn't burn your fingers when you hold it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UT2003 has by far been the biggest dissappointment this year. The engine is total crap, it only runs and D3D and has 0 combatibility for older systems (I was hoping they'd realise opengl is better after their first crap engine). Besides that for the little I can play without their pos crashing (and my computer is accually pretty good) the gameplay has sucked, the grahpics are way over done and annoying and the sound (gotta love the multikill stuff) is probably the only good part. A huge thumbs down to UT2003.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you just suck at TFC?
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup the graphics for half life suck, but that just means that my puny PCI Geforce2 mx can handle it .
The different classes in TFC make it pretty versatile. Even after two years of playing i still have a long way to go as far as getting good or at least halfway decent at them all .
Also, as some have already mentioned, its fun because of the people at TheVille. I was almost considering not playing anymore until this past summer i started to get to know some people from TheVille better and talking to them a lot. Since then playing has been a lot more fun .
Oh yeah, joining a clan made things more interesting too. Playing in matches and stuff is pretty fun .

sig by JTHM

note to self:
admin_chat lets you talk discretely to other admins.
admin_say lets everyone know you are a moron.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is TFC so popular???? Reply with quote

{Focus}LUNT wrote:
The game play is not great, the graphics are horrible, the sounds are even worse....get into reality and play UT2003 or 1942 or Ghost Recon or Pac-man or Space invaders or ping pong on intellevision........

Come on, couldn't you be a littttttle less obvious in trolling?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT? how can you say that! where else can you shoot somone into bits and 17 skulls and 48 sets of ribcages come out?!? ;p ...and id say i play it FOR THE PEOPLE!! this is an AMAZING crowd around TV, that makes the game what it is... long live tfc!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 old models, they own UT by so many levels. The sounds are actually fine in my opinion too. The gameplay is nice, not even the team work but the soloing of it. I tried to get into quake but you could barly rocket jump, couldn't conc, it was just one big DM. I doubt UT is any different.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sum it up in two words: chicks dig TFC.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:
I'll sum it up in two words: chicks dig TFC.

hmm....um...TYO...that's three words.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: