FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
what is ppl best skill they like to play most
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: what is ppl best skill they like to play most Reply with quote

are there anytips from anybody on the hwguy out there?? any pointers as to what ppl like to share would be nice .. maybe a few words from ppl who did hw can help me out?

I do alot of solider so i am willing to learn any tip possible even for scout or medic? demoman seems to be a great skill also... i am willing to learn each new skill but how long does it take master a skill such as the hwguy?

please leave your tips here for me on what skill you like to do best ?
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few HW tips when turnin corners, Jump and turn (airturn) the corner youll move around the corner alot faster also dont forget to use ur strafe keys as hw, allot of people forget to move when there hw. also as a hw scouts/medics tend to conc you alot and remembering 1 simple fact will help you alot! when ur conced ur aim moves in a figure 8 pattern once you master conc aim as a hw youll own all...
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, what Osiris said! The difference between a bad HWGuy and a good one is mobility. When dueling a Solly do a jump strafe. If you can time the jumps to avoid their rockets, even better. When dueling another HWGuy, try to get in close and do a tight, quick circle strafe. Run rings around them! If you see another HWGuy running at you with his shotty out, he's not insane. He's closing quick to do the circle kill with his AC.

[edit]Edited to remove misleading information.[/edit]

Last edited by Thom Yorke Obliterator on Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever happened tot hat " wednesday night help type thing" where peopel woudl come to server and teach classes and skill? did that dissolve whiel i was gone or did it never come to?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
whatever happened tot hat " wednesday night help type thing" where peopel woudl come to server and teach classes and skill? did that dissolve whiel i was gone or did it never come to?
just what i was wondering for myself hmmm any word on whaz up with that training session? i thought that was suppose to have happened a month or so ago? and thanks all for the hw and medic or scout tips!! keep them coming villuns!! and any demoman or engineer examples out there some of you would like to place is welcome here also
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like everybody nows around here, i always play medic.

Learn how to conc. Play concmaps for a couple of weeks. Once your good at them, you can use it in game to outconc the enem or take that last cap at warpath just before the other team is able to take the second again.

I asure you, once you're good at concing it is a great help in game.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:
Try doing some exercises by yourself as Scout. Conc yourself, then stand still and shoot the wall with your nailgun. The markings will show how good your aim is. At first just try to hit one spot consistently. Then try to trace a straight line across the wall, or a diagonal line. Once you get good, try the same exercises while moving or from a longer distance. This can be super tough, but if you can master it with a nailgun, you'll absolutely own with the AC.

Ah this is what gets a lot of people. The nails you see on your screen are actually an illusion. While it looks like the nails go in a figure eight, they are actually all going to one spot. If you don't move your mouse your true aim doens't move either. Same goes with the HW bullets and shotty marks. What you see isn't where it really hit. To get good while conced you should try soldier. The rockets aren't part of the illusion and go where your true aim is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime your interested Gala, I'll help you out the best I can. As you know I have some skillz at most classes. I am not the best at any class but I can play most pretty well. Contact me in one of the many ways you know how to and I will do what I can to help you out. Actually this invite goes to any Villun that might be interested in a session with the Nipple, heheh. If you learn anything, you may learn some of the tricks I've picked up over my loooooong TFC career.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeilSide wrote:
Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:
I'm a dunce.

Ah this is what gets a lot of people. The nails you see on your screen are actually an illusion. While it looks like the nails go in a figure eight, they are actually all going to one spot. If you don't move your mouse your true aim doens't move either. Same goes with the HW bullets and shotty marks. What you see isn't where it really hit. To get good while conced you should try soldier. The rockets aren't part of the illusion and go where your true aim is.

Thanks for the advice! It sounds like I'm one of many who are going down the completely wrong track trying to get good conc aim. Any advice for practicing conc aim by yourself? It's hard to find someone who is willing to just stand there and conc you for an hour.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is treu that the eight you shoot in is only an illussion. You can see it the best when your playing sniper. Just aim with yourr rifle at the wall, so you see the red dot, and let somebody conc you. you will see that your dot stays on the same place but that your rifle is going in an eight.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the latest versions of NEO - TF included a command to conc yourself at your leasiure. Add a couple of bots to such a server and you've got yourself a way to practice. I'm not sure on all the details but Raz used to have such a server running (and probably would tell you how to set it up).
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice lil engee Tip is You make a Bind (well you dont have to but it makes it easier) To throw Ur extra ammo out right as u throw a emp out it will do alot more dmg....
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Anytime your interested Gala, I'll help you out the best I can. As you know I have some skillz at most classes. I am not the best at any class but I can play most pretty well. Contact me in one of the many ways you know how to and I will do what I can to help you out. Actually this invite goes to any Villun that might be interested in a session with the Nipple, heheh. If you learn anything, you may learn some of the tricks I've picked up over my loooooong TFC career.

sure thing bright red nipples i'd be glad to have some fun with U... and anybody else here i am willing to go have fun with you all .. i just want some practice time and learning more on what skills can be useful for me such as sniping, and the hwguy, even a demo or engineer things... i think it be great to have a day once a week for training possiblities? i am sure i am not the only who would enjoy this!! there is many here i bet who would take part in such a great event hehe... i am willing to help out anybody myself with rjumping and practicing concs??

i enjoyed learning from you in vegastfc Bright Red Nipples with sniping and other things hehe.. those was the days if u remember our sniping adventures? i also learned things from john doe and john carter of mars when i was a noob and i enjoy there company as well!! man looking back on my beginnings brings me great happiness to have friends and family of villuns around!!
Chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
I think one of the latest versions of NEO - TF included a command to conc yourself at your leasiure.

you mean the admin_getdrunk command?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris wrote:
A nice lil engee Tip is You make a Bind (well you dont have to but it makes it easier) To throw Ur extra ammo out right as u throw a emp out it will do alot more dmg....
thxs will keep that in mind next time i do engineer .. i think there is alsp a bind for the dispenser if i am correct? but anymore tips out there please share them?! how about somethghing from the sniper comunity?? how do u make a great aim on your headshiots? and one for demoman did you all know that shift key can get u a longer detpack? curious as to more tips and things out there!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: