FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Remember what it means to be an American, especially today.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Remember what it means to be an American, especially today. Reply with quote

Well, its september 12th now. There are alot of things on my mind, how much it hurt on September 11th(that was the first time I had cried in along time, it hurt). The next day was even worse. That is when all the emotions hit. That was the most painful time of my short life. I know it was far more painfull for others as well, and I wish to honor them now. One way to do this is to be happy folks, remember their loss, but be happy about what you have. I have attached a post that I made a while ago, it seemed to cheer people up, so I figure it is best that I bring it back up. Remember what it is to be a villun and to be an American most of all.

Never forget September 11th.

"I am not too sure how to phrase this, but ill do my best(such is always the case with me). I would put a simple "the ville rox!" but this calls for something more. I have been watching and thinking about all this a long time now, and I have been quite astonished with this place. Not only is the ville a game server, it is a forum, a think tank, a help center.

I have seen people come and go, not really realizing what goes on here. Look at all of us villuns, look at Powers and Rata, two brothers who play this game in their *OWN* free time, and yet they find the time in their busy lives to help the others who frequent the ville. Look at Ktulu and hoax, these two great people, who never would have known eachother otherwise, have been brought together by this wonderful place! Badabing both SR and JR are strengthening Parent-son bonds and sharing interests(that sounds a bit awkward, but ill leave it anyway), as well as Roof Cutter and killer roof cutter, and Albino Gibbon and son. Then there is RaTboy and ameanman, two schoolers who fight together. All of this is amazing. A brother and sister combo, Swift and Trigger Happy(that still suprizes me), and a husband and wife team, Cycodad and Cyco mom.
Old people and young people alike flock here, and for one breif moment each day, they play in harmony.

Also, this place is the most generous organization I have seen over the internet. People are constantly helping eachother, wether it be computer help, or personal problems. The sense of giving is amazing here.

Isn't that overwhelming? Never in my life would I have ever suspected that people could become so close over the internet, and yet, despite all my memories of being taught not to give out a name oer the internet, or tell people where u live, and to always watch your back, I have found that I have become attached to this place. Even though I am judging people by words appearing on a screen, transmitted by a machine, somehow, I feel connected. It chokes me up inside to be here, where the sense of unity is so strong. People from around the world play here, and *most* national barriers and politics are forgotten, and the common compassion for the fellow person kicks in(regardless of the massive slaughter that goes on in the game that this place represents).

That also amazes me, the fact that people can be friendly and even love eachother even though the attend an organization that provides a game that flashes gory explosions and horrendous violence before our eyes.(which I have grown quite partial too).

The ville is the very epitomy of teamwork. We are all a big team, wether we like it or not, we are. All of these things put together make me proud to be a villun."

United we stand.
Feel free to post your thoughts.

-KK

Last edited by KopiKat on Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
Well, its september 12th now. There are alot of things on my mind, how much it hurt on September 11th(that was the first time I had cried in along time, it hurt). The next day was even worse. That is when all the emotions hit. That was the most painful time of my short life. I know it was far more painfull for others as well, and I wish to honor them now. One way to do this is to be happy folks, remember their loss, but be happy about what you have. I have attached a post that I made a while ago, it seemed to cheer people up, so I figure it is best that I bring it back up. Remember what it is to be a villum and to be an American most of all.

couldn't agree more with you there last year was the hardest thing on me!! not to say the leas the emails on what was happening!! it was all over the internet last year pages upon pages of stuff !! i tried to look at it but it kept coming and the ... but enough said these days will pass and our happiness will grow stronger!!!
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what u mean Gala. I remember it like it was yesterday.... Just remember those who died, and honor their memory.

-KK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH!!! you forgot (WRPG) DaRkAtH -VS- and <TVB> Spanish Warpig. it's ok. Your post kicks ass and i couldn't argree with you more. God Bless America, and God Bless The Ville, and all the people who play here.

During the 9/11 ceremonies, the Gettysburg Address was read to give people hope that we still are the greatest nation on earth, and in light of that, i posted it below. Enjoy.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this
continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the
proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in
a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so
conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great
battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of
that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their
lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and
proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot
dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground.
The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated
it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will
little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never
forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be
dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here
have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here
dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these
honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which
they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly
resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this
nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that
government of the people, by the people, for the people shall
not perish from the earth.

^^^ Clicky
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
I know what u mean Gala. I remember it like it was yesterday.... Just remember those who died, and honor their memory.

-KK
thanks sweetie and will hopefully see u again for some fun and frags over weekend and have a great weekend one and all villuns!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: