FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GTA3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What platform is best for playing GTA3?
PC
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
"Playstation2" DVD player/game contraption
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
buy an X-Box, chico
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: GTA3 Reply with quote

Here's the deal. Being old and slow and somewhat behind the times, TYO has finally decided to pick up a copy of Grand Theft Auto 3 so he can commit some crimes. TYO has both a ripping PC and a DVD player called a "Playstation2". Unless I'm mistaken, this "Playstation2" contraption is also capable of playing games such as GTA3.

So, which platform should TYO play this game on? The big issue here is control. TYO doesn't use any steering wheels or gamepads on his PC. Will it be any fun playing a driving-type game on keyboard?

The next poll will be: Should TYO stop referring to himself in third person?
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another PC game similar to GTA3 is Mafia. Driving, stealing cars, but much better fighting very similar to max payne. Awesome story too.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while it is definately a differnt game for PC rather than PS2, GET THE PC ver if your comp is kickass (pond <-------)...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the PC version, and it works well. Some folks have driver/gameplay issues, but they're easily sorted. And think of the extra buttons a keyboard has
Darkath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get tired of listening to GTA3 radio, the PC version has a handy MP3 player. Just drag your favorite songs (or shortcuts to them for those who like to save space) into the mp3 folder located at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\mp3 by defualt. The one advantage the PS2 version over PC is that PC doesn't have autoaim like PS2 (which could be useful at times).

^^^ Clicky
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only GTA3 was multiplayer....... think of the posibilaties! #Sniper #2gunfire

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the PS2 one. I don't know about others but I personally can drive or steer for beans on a keyboard. I can't walk around in third person either, I need to be in the first person veiw like in TFC to be successfully in control

IMHO the radio in GTA3 rules, just listen to chatterbox and you're set No autoaim could also be a problem, since the aimming system is pretty bad for such a great game and sometimes the only way you can hit something is because of autoaim. Then, on the other hand, sometimes autoaim is the reason you can't hit anything, heh.

I've never actually played the PC version, but I would definatly go with the PS2 one

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even own any console anymore... don't see the point, with PCs capable of games of such quality.

GTA:III I must play through again. And one of these days I'll learn how to keep the dodo in the air!!

Here's something fun, one of the easier hidden bits to find:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with whatever is cheaper, then buy Vice City when it comes out (GTA 3 and a half )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been debating in getting my own PC copy. I heard it was the game of the year, although; my Dad plays PS2 and locks his friggin door on his way to work. Friggin' greeedy old man!!! Hehe, don't worry me and Swift call him old man and he doesn't even hear us half the time. Hey old man! He'll respond,"What? Goldman?" Yea you a goldman pop. It's funny when your folks get things mixed up hehe. Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: