FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Warpath Tip

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: A Warpath Tip Reply with quote

on warpath whether you are blue or red ive noticed something real cool.

say you are on blue which would mean that capt. point 2 is the one right before your base. easy enough so far. say a red scout is running through and you know no enemy is in your base. he runs by and steals 3 then 2 and is headed for your base. dont bother chasing him just wait on 2. youll be able to capture 2 before he can get to your base. after you get 2 just go kill the bastard. it works as long as there isnt an enemy in your base.
pretty neat huh. even the fastest class cant get to your base in the time the capt point becomes captureable...(i dont know if thats a word). so next time you have those pesky scouts just show them that their skinny brains arent fast enough to get there in time. ok that last sentence made no sense.

either way
frag on
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip but I knew that already!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the scout or med can conc fast enough then he can get to 5 before you can recapture 4.
-Sherry-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases this works, but I have beaten it on a few occasions. I get a conc ready and conc over there really fast, I can do it. But if I miss the conc, then your right. Scouts only, I havn't yet to pull it off w/ med, got close but about a tenth of a second.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why you need TEAMWORK, get engies/sollies/pyros/HWs/snipers to secure the second to last point so it buys you time to cap
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes concing is an exception but generally it works. if you can conc well enough to out run it then you deserve to win.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also throw some spies in there to confuse the nmes along with the scout/med and heavy classes to break down their defense.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Dahak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kinda hope people do that so they don't chase me then they're standing on the point all fine and dandy, and all of a sudden the lights go out!
Gurrg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i figured that out, believe it or not i did, but thanks anyways. (shhh veil don't tell them to conc)

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: