FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can someone help me out? Please...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me out? Please... Reply with quote

Well, I made a 5 minute TFC movie and I would like to share it with all of you to see what you think of it as my first one. But my problem is that the avi. file is 68mbs and i have no where to upload a file of that size to. I have a 1 and 2 mb accounts but no bigger and i really don't want to pay for it. So if anyone can loan me space to put that on their site or on their webspace or know of a site where i can sign up for free with account of that size, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks

- Link

Last edited by Linktodeath on Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet man i would like to see the movie but sorry i cant help u i have know clue what to do
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

68MB is a large file. Are you on a dial-up Link cause that might take you all night to upload if you had the space. I wish I could help out but I too don't have that kind of space.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link I been hanging out with the HLMP guys on irc. Why dont you catch me on icq or msn and send me the video. I will run it past them and maybe see if I can get it hosted on fileplanet.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link, first thing you are going to need to do is convert the avi to a different format, maybe just a different compression for avi. I don't know urls for converters but I will get back to you when I do find them. I would suggest mpeg format, but I don't know what resolution your video is at. Could you tell me the resolution?
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If link did it according to the way hlmp says, and it is that size with audio then it's probably already in Divx format so link shouldn't need to change anything.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it divx already?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero wrote:
If link did it according to the way hlmp says, and it is that size with audio then it's probably already in Divx format so link shouldn't need to change anything.

I was just trying to give a tip on making the size of the file smaller than it already is since he said it was an avi. mpegs are a lot smaller than an avi file.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I made it that same way stated at hlmp. It is 68mbs in zip format not avi., oops! And yes, it is already in divx format.

Yes, brn it will take many hours through the night to upload it so i was thinking to have a friend on DSL upload it for me. I haven't asked yet, but tomorrow I'll see.

Hey shaft, that would be cool except for the fact it would take 6 to 10 hours (not exactly sure) but im sure its not good enough for them to see it. Well, I can't make a decision until i can see if my friend can do it for me, but the offer shaft is quite iintriguing. And if my friend will upload it for me, i could maybe e-mail it to you.

On a different note, the next time i have time, which will be in two weeks because of band camp (lol), I might make an AOL movie kinda based on one of the stories i posted.

If i left anything out, tell me, I'll be here for about 5 minutes and will check this post later to answer anymore questions.

If anyone has more ideas, don't neglect to post!

Thanks for the responses!!

Link
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also compress the audio as mp3? I think there's a tutorial on HLMP that tells you how. Premiere IV - Compression. What's the resolution and fps? I think when you get it to 10 mb/min that's pretty good compression. 640x480 at about 20-25 fps is best I think.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound file is mp3. The resolution is 400 by 300. And the fps ranges. The in-game action varies from 50 to 55fps. Then the intro's and ending's frames is 1 fps and the title screen is 3fps. I did this, so the music exactly matches the music(or pretty well).

Shaft - If you can get it on that website, the easiest thing for me to do is have my comp upoading it into a e-mail over night and then e-mail to you when it is done.

ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no way we can send it by email. get a hold of me on msn, icq, or irc and we can make arangments
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: